Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Larger predator" than a dog killing sheep

Eldorado

Mystery surrounds the death of a number of sheep on a Cheshire farm, with police investigating whether a "larger predator" than a dog was behind the attack.

Officers from Cheshire Police's Rural Crime Team visited the farm on December 30, and spoke to the farmer, who it is understood told them of past sightings of what looked like a big cat in the area.

Six of the livestock had died and four had been seriously injured and had to be put to sleep.

But there is reason to believe that officers do not believe that the latest incident was down to a canine, but to a "larger predator".

Full story at Cheshire Live: Link

• Like 2

Let some sheeps loose at the same place and put hunting camera...

Successfull hunting usually brings the predator back for more.

• Like 2

"A larger predator than a dog":

A very BIG dog!

20210109_202148.jpg

Edited by Abramelin
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Well, for those who are confused..

A long time ago I was sweeping a large parking lot in Zoetermeer (the Netherlands).

Why was I sweeping? That's because I had taken a left turn, instead of a right turn...

Nevermind.

But while I was sweeping, I saw TWO of these monsters running straight at me. I can tell you, I thought it was my final hour.

But I froze on the spot, didn't even blink, and waited.

Then I heard a woman shout to the dogs, ordered them to stop.

And they did.

This brand of dogs I will never forget.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Abramelin said:

20210109_202217.jpg

2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

This brand of dogs I will never forget.

Slightly photoshopped but I can see your fear.

• Like 1

If the carcasses weren't fed on, it was, probably, a pack of dogs. Happens here in sheep country.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, openozy said:

Slightly photoshopped but I can see your fear.

Yeah, I had to cut the edges of the original photo or else it would have been too large to post here.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, Hammerclaw said:

If the carcasses weren't fed on, it was, probably, a pack of dogs. Happens here in sheep country.

I agree... cats make completely different attack marks. And what else would be there? Not wolves so yeah... a pack of dogs would be my bet as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

THERE has been another sighting of a mystery beast on Halkyn Mountain - and this time the witness says it may have attacked three lambs.

The witness reported seeing a “large, thick-furred” animal stalking a herd of sheep on the community scrubland on the evening of January 6.

He said the sheep, which are in lamb, began to act strangely and started to run before he saw what he believes could have been a big cat moving along the tree line.

When he returned to the scene two hours later, he says, he found three dead lambs with "huge bite marks".

Full story at Leader Live: Link