Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is my old room haunted?

sykanie83

Alright, so, when i lived at my grandmothers house, and i had my own bedroom, simple. Old computer. It was windows 10, just sucked. A window, a creepy closet, and a bed. Now, after a year, suddenly, i just felt really, really unsafe. So, i slept with my grandfather, and whenever i was alone, i just felt like someone was watching me. I know, it sounds weird, and normal. But, not for me. Atall. Now, i know your probably like, oh, its just me. Ill grow out of it, not so quick buddy. Another year goes by, not living there anymore. Me and my grandfather left the home. My mom and her husband ( not my dad ) slept in that bedroom. And guess what, they felt bad aswell. Heres some of the things. So, she would sometimes see shadows out of the corner of her eye. And my creepy closet, they felt like whenever they opened the closet, someone was in there. But yeah, do you have anymore things that might help explain it? Also, its rumored that someone died in that house, not sure. Another thing is, whenever they stayed in that house, and my room especially. They would always fight and get really, really mad, and whenever they left, they just felt fine and normal... Whats going on?

• Like 3

These are your experences none of us were there all we can do is speculate and toss opinions.

Sounds like your mind runs wild a bit, closets are not creepy your mind makes it creepy to you it might be cool to me,

There are all kinds of mundain reasons a house or room can seem "haunted" or unnerving, molds, gases, etc,  carbon dioxide / monoxide can make people irritable,

Most places have had a person die there doesnt mean happy haunts are lurking, as you see im not a believer in haunts but i do believe you had a weird experence you do not understand, that makes it unexplained not paranormal.

• Like 3

i personally am a beliver of ghosts because my parents have had experinces with them. i also went  into a haunted hotel and i felt like the elevator was gonna break and fall down it was so old. its like a hundred years old lol. anyway

16 minutes ago, sykanie83 said:

we dont have gas in the house

It doesnt take having gas,

I had a night club with an old elevator that scared me, it wasnt haunted,

If you desire your old room to be haunted then it is, to you.

i

used an emf detector there before, and it went high as hell. its also creepy. idk, im just looking for answers. or similar experinces

2 minutes ago, sykanie83 said:

i

used an emf detector there before, and it went high as hell. its also creepy. idk, im just looking for answers. or similar experinces

Your mind is haunted by your own uncertainty and your parents bias.
EMF detectors will pick up on any kind of magnetism, including the one from wires, that are in all walls in all homes.

No place is, has ever been or will ever be haunted.
If someone can prove otherwise to me, beyond doubt, I will give them 20,000 dollars. That's my entire pension savings. That's how sure I am.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sykanie83 said:

idk. i just belive in what i wanna belive.

That's what most people do.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, sykanie83 said:

If so, what's the point of this thread?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sykanie83 said:

And that's fine if of course it doesnt hurt you or others, belief isnt fact.

30 minutes ago, zep73 said:

EMF detectors will pick up on any kind of magnetism, including the one from wires, that are in all walls in all homes

My wife is a PhD and has written papers on EMFs in real science not ghost hunting,and she laughs at ghost huntings and how they use the meters,

We have lots of emf spikes in our joint it doesnt prove hauntings,

Yeah zep, your pension is safe :tu:

• Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, acute said:

Aw come on weve been living in the political section, like threads need a point.

Edited by the13bats
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sykanie83 said:

Alright, so, when i lived at my grandmothers house, and i had my own bedroom, simple. Old computer. It was windows 10, just sucked. A window, a creepy closet, and a bed. Now, after a year, suddenly, i just felt really, really unsafe. So, i slept with my grandfather, and whenever i was alone, i just felt like someone was watching me. I know, it sounds weird, and normal. But, not for me. Atall. Now, i know your probably like, oh, its just me. Ill grow out of it, not so quick buddy. Another year goes by, not living there anymore. Me and my grandfather left the home. My mom and her husband ( not my dad ) slept in that bedroom. And guess what, they felt bad aswell. Heres some of the things. So, she would sometimes see shadows out of the corner of her eye. And my creepy closet, they felt like whenever they opened the closet, someone was in there. But yeah, do you have anymore things that might help explain it? Also, its rumored that someone died in that house, not sure. Another thing is, whenever they stayed in that house, and my room especially. They would always fight and get really, really mad, and whenever they left, they just felt fine and normal... Whats going on?

I respect the opinions of others here, but I do believe in the paranormal, as I've had some experiences also.  We are all made up of energy, and even though we die that energy never does.   Is that an old house where you were staying?   That doesn't automatically mean a haunting, but since you were not the only one in that particular room to feel things it is possible there is some energy left in the house.  Especially if there was someone that died there, perhaps their energy clings to that house, or maybe something bad happened.   One thing you can do, whatever your faith is you practice, call upon that faith to remove the energy there and tell the energy to move on.   Even if it turned out not to be anything paranormal, relying on your faith can give you peace of mind.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Aw come on weve been living in the political section, like threads need a point.

Yeah, but.....

Why ask "Is my old room haunted?" if you've already decided on the answer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, acute said:

Yeah, but.....

Why ask "Is my old room haunted?" if you've already decided on the answer.

I understand and was just funning with you, im trying to have a different approach to my interactions to stuff on here,  im still a skeptic i will always need to see it myself to believe but i want to try to express more respect to others beliefs.

Sure, if a person is dead set on only one possibly explanation then a bit pointless to post an experence for discussion unless one desires codding and affirmations which isnt going to be the monopoly here no matter which way a person leans.

• Like 3

"Old computer. It was windows 10"

Yeah, that thing sounds ancient. Did it use those 8.5" floppy disks? 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, sykanie83 said:

i personally am a beliver of ghosts because my parents have had experinces with them. i also went  into a haunted hotel and i felt like the elevator was gonna break and fall down it was so old. its like a hundred years old lol. anyway

My wife and I went to the supposed 'most haunted' hotel on the East Coast in Berlin, MD.

The place was very well preserved as period, like everything in there was original. Walking around on the 3rd floor, where our room was, the wood floors were all wavy from the settling of the building and had been left that way. Everything looked to be authentic of the period, if I remember correctly, 1890s. I told them when I reserved, they were not busy that week, that I wanted to see some ghosts, so they put me directly across the aisle from the most haunted room, where it was said that a little girl haunted the place and you would hear her bouncing a ball and she'd walk up and down the hall turning door knobs. It was seriously creepy. We stayed up half the night and even took walks up and down the hall, which was awesome. We didn't hear anything. In the morning we went to checkout and I told them I wanted my money back, lol. 

Like I told my wife, ALL older building are haunted, guaranteed. Because old building settle and you hear lots of weird noises. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hyperionxvii said:

My wife and I went to the supposed 'most haunted' hotel on the East Coast in Berlin, MD.

The place was very well preserved as period, like everything in there was original. Walking around on the 3rd floor, where our room was, the wood floors were all wavy from the settling of the building and had been left that way. Everything looked to be authentic of the period, if I remember correctly, 1890s. I told them when I reserved, they were not busy that week, that I wanted to see some ghosts, so they put me directly across the aisle from the most haunted room, where it was said that a little girl haunted the place and you would hear her bouncing a ball and she'd walk up and down the hall turning door knobs. It was seriously creepy. We stayed up half the night and even took walks up and down the hall, which was awesome. We didn't hear anything. In the morning we went to checkout and I told them I wanted my money back, lol. 

Like I told my wife, ALL older building are haunted, guaranteed. Because old building settle and you hear lots of weird noises. 

My joint is a 100 plus yo fixer upper, of course the seller claimed haunted, a few neighbors believed her but most believed her loony,

In the 70s perhaps early 80s  they overdid fixing a settling foundation, not a level floor in this place before or after, lol

The seller had countless stories of experences that proved haunted yet i debunked almost all within a week or 2, doesnt mean locked doors thar open themselves arent cool.

Anyhoo, if a person believes in haunted places i respect that but if you want me to believe you better be set to nab zeps retirement funds in the process.

Oh, and i ask the realtor if i get a rebait because this joints not haunted, she laughed, pretty hard at me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, the13bats said:

My joint is a 100 plus yo fixer upper, of course the seller claimed haunted, a few neighbors believed her but most believed her loony,

In the 70s perhaps early 80s  they overdid fixing a settling foundation, not a level floor in this place before or after, lol

The seller had countless stories of experences that proved haunted yet i debunked almost all within a week or 2, doesnt mean locked doors thar open themselves arent cool.

Anyhoo, if a person believes in haunted places i respect that but if you want me to believe you better be set to nab zeps retirement funds in the process.

Oh, and i ask the realtor if i get a rebait because this joints not haunted, she laughed, pretty hard at me.

2nd house that I ever owned was an Italianate house built in 1865. It was in really bad shape, but I got it dirt cheap, so I spent 10 years renovating that house, doing nearly all the work myself. I'd hear some weird noises like you do in big old houses like that, but I didn't see, or hear, anything that would have made me think it was haunted. The worst thing was the gas furnace was ancient, and there was this loud boom that shook the house one night, because the furnace was going bad and it just suddenly kicked on after a build up of gas. Scared me, but I got someone down there the next day to start fixing it. I'm probably lucky it didn't blow the house up, lol. 

• Like 3

This place is 4 stories if we count basement and wasted attic both 2k sqft,

Its cool how i can play a radio in the basement and you cant hear it right outside basement door but you can hear in many rooms, lots of old duct work,

I did get a flattering remark when we first moved in the guys who delivered my refrigerator one says to me, So, is this one of those haunted bed and breakfasts?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, acute said:

to tell a story of what me and my family members experienced.

• Like 1

And not every old house is haunted. Something negative has to happen there inorder for it to be haunted. I belive, ghosts are lost souls.

Not saying your house isn't haunted,but if the room has high emf readings ,you should probably get that checked out,high amounts of emf can cause stress, depression,headaches and other symptoms.maybe cut the electricity and do another reading to find out.

If the atmosphere feels lighter,problem solved.

If not....run away.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sykanie83 said:

we dont have gas in the house

It is well documented that a gas leak can cause feelings that you are being watched, or other psychosis.  Have your parents get the gas lines checked for leaks. I assume the house is old and gas leaks are common in old houses.  Once you eliminate that possibility then explore other things before you go to paranormal.  

I agree with @the13bats on this one.  Since we aren't there we can only make guesses and everyone's guess will lean towards their beliefs and bias.

ok, now I woke up a little and you said you don't have gas in the house.  There are other things that can cause the same type of problems.  Eliminate all the physical possibilities first.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1