Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. Ends Restrictions on Taiwan

Grim Reaper 6

The U.S. will remove decades-old restrictions on how its diplomats and other officials approach Taiwan, Secretary of State Michael Pompeo said, a move that’s likely to inflame tensions with Beijing over the One China policy. For several decades the State Department has created complex internal restrictions to regulate our diplomats, service members, and other officials’ interactions with their Taiwanese counterparts,” Pompeo said in a statement Saturday. “No more.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-ends-restrictions-on-diplomats-over-taiwan-pompeo-says/ar-BB1cC5O3#image=1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First off, relax. The Chinese arent stupid, and know why Trump did this. To create Turmoil for Biden, and try to turn his attention from the riot, to this. I wonder who put him up to this in the guise of it being great deal. Who had the most to gain? I wonder if he received a call from his buddy  Vladimir last night on how to pay back those Rubles he owes.

Second, they know Biden is going to go on a tear after inauguration day. List of house keeping to be accomplished. They will posture mightily, but it will be to save face. They can ill afford a confrontation after the recent flooding disasters, then Covid on top. They will sit back, watch, stay out of the way, then approach when the dust settles. Taiwan will be okay in the long run.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

First off, relax. The Chinese arent stupid, and know why Trump did this. To create Turmoil for Biden, and try to turn his attention from the riot, to this. I wonder who put him up to this in the guise of it being great deal. Who had the most to gain? I wonder if he received a call from his buddy  Vladimir last night on how to pay back those Rubles he owes.

Second, they know Biden is going to go on a tear after inauguration day. List of house keeping to be accomplished. They will posture mightily, but it will be to save face. They can ill afford a confrontation after the recent flooding disasters, then Covid on top. They will sit back, watch, stay out of the way, then approach when the dust settles. Taiwan will be okay in the long run.

Let me say this, I am relaxed I am so relaxed and cool I have ice cyclicals hanging off my finger tips. Next, I think this is something that should have been done long ago. Taiwan has been a free Nation since WWII, so why let China dictate the terms of that freedom and keep the threat of invasion hanging over Tiawans Head. China is pushing an agressive policy in East Asia, if nothing is done there can never be peaceful terms everyone can live with. 

Look what happened in Hong Kong, there were agreements in place that would have prevented the current restrictions in Hong Kong, but the Chinese violated all their agreements and have forced Hong Kong to kneel under pressure. I firmly believe this can not be allowed to happen to Taiwan, and it time to show China we are serious about this and let the chips fall where they may.

Take Care my excited friend!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Taiwan has been a free Nation since WWII, so why let China dictate the terms of that freedom and keep the threat of invasion hanging over Tiawans Head.

Ni hao... 

~

Edited by Saru
Removed graphic image
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Ni hao... 

~

돼지 머리 Dwaeji Melli

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

돼지 머리 Dwaeji Melli

Yeoboseyo... 

intelpost120910_sun-myung_560.jpg

~

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Yeoboseyo... 

~

Yes hello to you also!!:)

2 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Let me say this, I am relaxed I am so relaxed and cool I have ice cyclicals hanging off my finger tips. Next, I think this is something that should have been done long ago. Taiwan has been a free Nation since WWII, so why let China dictate the terms of that freedom and keep the threat of invasion hanging over Tiawans Head. China is pushing an agressive policy in East Asia, if nothing is done there can never be peaceful terms everyone can live with. 

Look what happened in Hong Kong, there were agreements in place that would have prevented the current restrictions in Hong Kong, but the Chinese violated all their agreements and have forced Hong Kong to kneel under pressure. I firmly believe this can not be allowed to happen to Taiwan, and it time to show China we are serious about this and let the chips fall where they may.

Take Care my excited friend!:lol:

I ment more in terms of war. I'd been seeing comments about it on other forums. Scared people. I guess I overreacted a bit in my haste to head off any huge angst. We are still a little shell shocked over what happened on Wednesday. Lots of scared, and confused people out there. I agreed with everything you said. I didn't say that China deserves Taiwan, although in hindsight I should have been more clear. It was the motive for doing this. I agree that is great for Taiwan, but it creats a huge load of responsibility,  and distraction for Biden. Then there's this. When has Trump ever had an altruistic bone in his body? When has he genuinly cared for anyone? No, this was done with malicious intent to hamstring Biden, irregardless of the outcome. Rather clever. I doubt he thought of it. I didn't read the whole thread first, and am curious as to how it goes. Onward.

Edit; Pretty calmly. Awesome. Clear headed thinkers here. Shoulda known better.

Safe Journeys, my friend 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Yes hello to you also!!:)

No, also to you, hello... 

~

30 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Rather clever. I doubt he thought of it. I didn't read the whole thread first, and am curious as to how it goes. Onward.

Not really, it's a forced move after the ridiculous arms deal (overpaid and outdated equipment) and the tainted  pig pork food fight tossing recently... US image has been dealt a stinky blow in the eyes of the common Taiwanese... 

27 Nov 2020 — Taiwan's opposition legislators have thrown pig guts and exchanged blows in parliament amid a heated row over ...

~

Taiwan is now questioning American "sincerity"

Pompeo threw them a bone... Serves them right 

~