Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parler Hacked, and Cleaned Out!

Hankenhunter

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

However, I am not comfortable with a couple mega corporations being able to decide who can and can't be on the internet.

I hope the lawsuit succeeds. 

I don't.  I'm not comfortable with private corporations being forced to (outside of discrimination laws) accept people as their customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

It's been 207 years since the Capitol was last breached.  So mostly 'always like this' but also 'definitely not always like this'. Thankfully.

Fifteen hundred on duty capital police should have been more than enough to stop an unruly mob from gaining entry. Looked like a case of "Always prepared and forever unready." Thankfully, it wasn't the same crowd that stormed the precinct in Seattle. Frankly, I think it good our politicians got a taste of what they nonchalantly allowed so many American cities and citizens endure, all last year.  The People made an unexpected and uninvited visit to the "The People's House". My apologies they defiled it's "sacred grounds" with their filthy footsteps. Commoners should know their place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Relax slick, my point was on this forum they have rules play by them or dont post.

Sure Shirley, whatever.

30 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Thankfully, it wasn't the same crowd that stormed the precinct in Seattle. 

How many cops have been killed there?

33 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

My apologies they defiled it's "sacred grounds" with their filthy footsteps.

Haha, yea that's an accurate and honest description of what the problem was...

34 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Commoners should know their place.

Knowing the laws would be a good start, as well as the difference between civil unrest caused by injustice and civil unrest caused by lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

How many cops have been killed there?

Haha, yea that's an accurate and honest description of what the problem was...

Knowing the laws would be a good start, as well as the difference between civil unrest caused by injustice and civil unrest caused by lies.

That statement is precisely the problem. Neither are justifiable, the lie is that one is. Breaking the law is breaking the law and if the law is applied unequally, there can be no justice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sure Shirley, whatever.

Thats fine, kip.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Breaking the law is breaking the law and if the law is applied unequally, there can be no justice.

That last part is precisely what black people have been saying forever.  It's of course also not as simple as 'breaking the law is breaking the law' - civil disobedience is not insurrection or treason, that is a false equivalence.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That last part is precisely what black people have been saying forever.  It's of course also not as simple as 'breaking the law is breaking the law' - civil disobedience is not insurrection or treason, that is a false equivalence.

bull****. 

The Capitol after the riot.

See the source imageSee the source imageMinneapolis after the riot.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

They did. It was called Parlor and then it got took off the internet. 

By their own hubris. They were warned about lack of anti hate moderation. The Gov't didn't take them down, ordinary citizens did. Just thought this should be expanded on. Currently Trumpets are claiming the deep state did this, when in fact it was a computer nerd who found the keys for the treasure room under the doormat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

By their own hubris. They were warned about lack of anti hate moderation. The Gov't didn't take them down, ordinary citizens did. Just thought this should be expanded on. Currently Trumpets are claiming the deep state did this, when in fact it was a computer nerd who found the keys for the treasure room under the doormat.

The CEOs of Amazon and Google are ordinary citizens :huh:.

They won't warned. Literally no time to get a warning and then do anything about it. It happened in the matter of 24 hours. Trumped got banned from Twitter. He was going to move to Parlor with millions of followers so they wiped it off the net. 

• Like 1

Its your right to call me a stupidhead, its my right to call you dummy, but i just have a hard time grasping its anyones right to incite riots, storming of capitals damage and death, but it would seem some say that it is their right.

26 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

bull****. 

You of course were previously talking about Seattle, and now you're comparing a three night riot to a roughly three hour one. How many cops were killed in Minneapolis?  More to your point and maybe I'm just not aware of it, what 'law was applied unequally' concerning the Minneapolis riots that has you otherwise engaging in this 'whataboutism'? 

There is also of course the difference in why they are presumably rioting.  I think it's reasonable to keep in mind that there is a difference between rioters and protestors and they should not be glommed together, after all a lot of things the rioters have done are things that occurred during the NY blackouts in the 70s and those weren't a result really of a 'cause', but let's go with the idea that the damage in both Minneapolis and the Capitol has some ideological/political issue behind it.  No matter what anyone personally thinks about how unfair our society and justice system are because of racism, the answer to that question for someone is a matter of personal interpretation.  It is not however a matter of interpretation whether Trump really won the election.  So again, different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm a "classic liberal" when it comes to free speech and censorship. I really don't like things being censored like 99% percent of the time.

Trump is a piece of **** for his conspiracy garbage and the people who stormed the capital are human waste

However, I am not comfortable with a couple mega corporations being able to decide who can and can't be on the internet.

I hope the lawsuit succeeds. 

On another note banning all these people does not even make you safer. It just further polarizes people to echo-chambers. You forced people to leave left wing leaning twitter to instead concentrate somewhere else on the internet? That doesn't make you safer.

The good thing about echo chambers, and bubbles, is lack of outside awareness. These deluded people actually believed they were acting with the majority of Americans behind them. This will always be their Achilles heel. Hubris. It's the romantisizing of the last rebellion they remember, not the horror it became. Unfortunately for them, the Gov't hasn't forgotten.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The CEOs of Amazon and Google are ordinary citizens :huh:.

They won't warned. Literally no time to get a warning and then do anything about it. It happened in the matter of 24 hours. Trumped got banned from Twitter. He was going to move to Parlor with millions of followers so they wiped it off the net. 

I am referring  to Parler losing all their data through sheer ineptitude. That's the kicker. They are no longer trusted because if this. That makes it even more significant, and more profound than losing their platform. Again, for the record Parler was taken down by a kid in another country. Don't take my word for it. It's all online.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

You of course were previously talking about Seattle, and now you're comparing a three night riot to a roughly three hour one. How many cops were killed in Minneapolis?  More to your point and maybe I'm just not aware of it, what 'law was applied unequally' concerning the Minneapolis riots that has you otherwise engaging in this 'whataboutism'? 

There is also of course the difference in why they are presumably rioting.  I think it's reasonable to keep in mind that there is a difference between rioters and protestors and they should not be glommed together, after all a lot of things the rioters have done are things that occurred during the NY blackouts in the 70s and those weren't a result really of a 'cause', but let's go with the idea that the damage in both Minneapolis and the Capitol has some ideological/political issue behind it.  No matter what anyone personally thinks about how unfair our society and justice system are because of racism, the answer to that question for someone is a matter of personal interpretation.  It is not however a matter of interpretation whether Trump really won the election.  So again, different.

It's just as subject to interpretation as the last election. 

"Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts,” she wrote on May 16, 2017, one day before Robert Mueller was named special counsel to oversee the investigation into ties between President Trump’s campaign and Russian officials.  Nancy Pelosi Tweet   Jan, 2017

That is precisely what  Trump and a lot of Republicans feel about this election. Whether either side's suspicions have any merit will be debated, ad infinitum. 

Anyone who thinks what happened in Minneapolis is perfectly acceptable behavior should have it happen to themselves, their neighborhoods pillaged and burned, their life's work and businesses destroyed, neighbors assaulted and murdered. That way they can piously experience and accept, personally, what they so glibly preach to others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

"Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts,” she wrote on May 16, 2017, one day before Robert Mueller was named special counsel to oversee the investigation into ties between President Trump’s campaign and Russian officials.  Nancy Pelosi Tweet   Jan, 2017

That is precisely what  Trump and a lot of Republicans feel about this election. Whether either side's suspicions have any merit will be debated, ad infinitum. 

Anyone who thinks what happened in Minneapolis is perfectly acceptable behavior should have it happen to themselves, their neighborhoods pillaged and burned, their life's work and businesses destroyed, neighbors assaulted and murdered. That way they can piously experience and accept, personally, what they so glibly preach to others.

A lot of the destruction was actually caused by right wing agitators, not BLM. They were arrested snd charged for it. As for the rest, the protests were all peaceful until the cops charged in starting the very riot they were supposed to keep from happening. Your world view is very narrow, and biased. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Dude there's a huge difference between "Russia messed with our election and we need to prevent it from happening again" and "I lost a democratic election so imma burn everything down and p*** on the ashes"

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

Dude there's a huge difference between "Russia messed with our election and we need to prevent it from happening again" and "I lost a democratic election so imma burn everything down and p*** on the ashes"

No, the only difference is which side one is on, as both aggrieved parties in either election believed it was stolen from them.  Personally, I think both sides in either case are full of ****, but God loves crazy people; he made so many of them. Besides, while congress was temporarily under assault, the other two branches of government were still functioning normally and two out of three ain't bad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Its your right to call me a stupidhead, its my right to call you dummy, but i just have a hard time grasping its anyones right to incite riots, storming of capitals damage and death, but it would seem some say that it is their right.

No one said it was, not now, not when the White House was under siege, rioters burning and looting and toppling statues. They even tried to take the massive one of Andrew Jackson down, right in front of the White House. Apparently, their "assault on democracy" was perfectly acceptable to the Democrats. Washington D.C. which to a lot of Americans is "sacred ground" was violated and the President's efforts to protect it, scoffed at, denigrated and objected to. Ah, but when that sacred temple to politicians was violated, it was an "An Insurrection" and an "Assault on Democracy". Hardly, but a case could be made that it was an assault on democrats. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I could post pictures of a lot of cities after the lootings and the riots. Minneapolis and Seattle were hardly alone. CNN was even set on fire in Atlanta. There were 47 killed. Who knows how many injured, including police officers. Billions and billions of dollars in damages, mostly to private citizens who had nothing to do with anything. Not to mention the statues. This is readily available online. I live between Philadelphia and NYC and a lot of people and businesses are moving here to get out of those cities. In my area, it's mostly New Yorkers. Philadelphia just finished 2nd in the country for it's murder rate, right after Chicago, and they're on record pace already for 2021. Keep in mind, that's murders, victims who died and not shootings, many of those with multiple victims. No one has anything to do with it but themselves. 

And no. Trump didn't win the election.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

No it isn't, by the very nature of the question.

Precisely the problem - it's not what Trump/Repubs can rationally show, it's not what they logically think, it's about what they 'feel'. Are you seriously saying that the evidence that Russia interfered with the 2016 election is on par with the evidence that Trump did not win the election?  Do you have some conspiracy theory or something as to why nearly all the courts have immediately shot down all the recent court cases disputing the elections, including by conservative judges?

Anyone who thinks what happened in Minneapolis is perfectly acceptable behavior

Which would be who exactly?  You're largely tilting at windmills.

8 hours ago, susieice said:

And no. Trump didn't win the election.

I could post lots of links to studies showing how blacks are not treated equally by law enforcement and our justice system, as if last week was not clear enough evidence of that.  So once again, the reason for the protests, which presumably led to the riots, are different.

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I could post lots of links to studies showing how blacks are not treated equally by law enforcement and our justice system, as if last week was not clear enough evidence of that.  So once again, the reason for the protests, which presumably led to the riots, are different.

We know. And that's your excuse. The cause is just but it doesn't justify the looting and destruction of property and the harming of innocent people. No riots are acceptable behavior. 

Edited by susieice

On 1/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, Helen of Annoy said:

Antifa didn't break into Capitol.

That's right they were trying to enter and burn down a Federal Courthouse. A part of the FEDERAL government.

Also, anti-fascism is a world-view, not an organization.

Thats ignorant. Like saying the Proud Boys aren't an organization.

And it's only necessary while various totalitarian insurrectionist (Trump****s, for example) are trying to seize power by force. And get charged with domestic terrorism.

Just as a question. What actions were taken to overthrow the government? What did they seize? 

14 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

A lot of the destruction was actually caused by right wing agitators, not BLM. They were arrested snd charged for it. As for the rest, the protests were all peaceful until the cops charged in starting the very riot they were supposed to keep from happening. Your world view is very narrow, and biased. 

Oh, I think that requires a request for a link. Sounds like the CT that Antifa busted into the capital to get laptops. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked