Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

22 trapped in China gold mine explosion

Eldorado

Chinese authorities have sent rescuers to a gold mine in the country's northeast where 22 workers are trapped underground following an explosion, state media reported on Tuesday.

The blast happened on Sunday afternoon in a town near Qixia city, located in the eastern Shandong province, a local government official said.

The explosion damaged the exit from the mine as well as the communication system, cutting off all contact with the trapped miners, according to a statement released late Monday.

Full short report at Deutsche Welle: Link

Al Jazeera report

Edited by Eldorado
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Rescuers in China have retrieved a note from a group of miners trapped underground following a blast a week ago, saying 12 of the workers are still alive, state media reported on Monday.

Full report at Al Jazeera

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trapped Chinese miners say thanks for medicine, call for sausages

The miners have been able to communicate via a new telephone line.

Rescuers had initially lowered rations on a cable, and received back a note saying "Don't stop trying to reach us".

Eleven other miners remain missing in the gold mine, their fate unclear.

BBC

• Thanks 2

Rescuers trying to free a group of miners trapped hundreds of metres underground have said it may take another 15 days to drill and clear a route wide enough to reach them.

MSN

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Chinese rescuers pulled 11 gold miners to safety on Sunday, 14 days after they were trapped by an underground explosion, state broadcaster CCTV reported.

Footage showed the first miner to be rescued, a black blindfold across his eyes, being lifted out of a mine shaft in the morning.

MSN

• Like 1

China mine rescue: Nine workers found dead and one still missing

Authorities have vowed to keep searching for the remaining miner, after 11 others were rescued and taken to hospital on Sunday.

https://news.sky.com/story/china-mine-rescue-nine-workers-found-dead-and-one-still-missing-12198303

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Rescue teams are trying to reach 21 people trapped in a coal mine that flooded in China's Xinjiang region, local media reports say.

It is not clear what triggered the flooding at the Fengyuan mine, but it reportedly occurred during upgrading works on Saturday.

Some 29 miners were initially affected, but rescuers managed to free eight of them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-56706520