Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Large creepy handprint on mirror

SteanBean

So I’m taking a quick shower (20 mins, ha) around noon today to head to an appointment. I swing open the curtains and dry my face and I look up and see a very large vivid hand print on my bathroom mirror...( A little side note: weird stuff has been happening over a course of 6 months that I’ve been in this new apartment. Unexplained noises, weird things falling over, disappearing and reappearing, stuff falling onto the floor, feeling like I’m being watched...) So I call my brother and bf into the bathroom and demand for one of them to tell me who did it but one was asleep and the other playing the video game, PLUS the door was locked... but there has to be a reasonable explanation...right!? Part of me feels like thee unreal is real....but it isn’t... idk..****. It’s not residue either it was FRESH! Here’s some pics... 73E0B394-90D9-4B7E-BB4B-CC594062EDB4.jpeg.a146e24d47f0f5605b79b695e44d4c14.jpeg

DE6C623C-28F6-43B8-B88C-D536404B1C81.jpeg

• Like 1

There are a lot of ways for that to happen, not paranormal, one can put a message on a mirror that only shows when it steams up,

In this case that print. Could have been there who knows how long

Clean the mirror and see if it repeats.

And weird things happen in apts, its a building with lots of people diing lots of stuff.

• Like 3

So, it's a shared bathroom.  Your brother and bf never lie or practical joke, nor did they (or you) ever rest their hand tiredly on the mirror leaving a greasy residue (with a quick smear downwards)..  BTW judging by the dispenser bottle, it's not all that huge...

As for the other, install a cheap security webcam.  Any problems will promptly vanish or be identified.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

So, it's a shared bathroom.  Your brother and bf never lie or practical joke, nor did they (or you) ever rest their hand tiredly on the mirror leaving a greasy residue (with a quick smear downwards)..  BTW judging by the dispenser bottle, it's not all that huge...

As for the other, install a cheap security webcam.  Any problems will promptly vanish or be identified.

Never use a cheap security webcam, you will see ghosts, demons, unicorns and foremost a bigfoot on your video. Put a gopro or something that will take video of the realty.

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

There are a lot of ways for that to happen, not paranormal, one can put a message on a mirror that only shows when it steams up,

In this case that print. Could have been there who knows how long

Clean the mirror and see if it repeats.

And weird things happen in apts, its a building with lots of people diing lots of stuff.

Crazy things happen, my stepbrother got a cat appearing from nowhere in his appartment wreaking stuff. Throwing him outdoor three times until he discovered that he was passing through the walls and levels of the building following the clothes drier vents...

Bats, rats and mices are awesome too to go in and **** arround...  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteanBean said:

So I’m taking a quick shower (20 mins, ha) around noon today to head to an appointment. I swing open the curtains and dry my face and I look up and see a very large vivid hand print on my bathroom mirror...( A little side note: weird stuff has been happening over a course of 6 months that I’ve been in this new apartment. Unexplained noises, weird things falling over, disappearing and reappearing, stuff falling onto the floor, feeling like I’m being watched...) So I call my brother and bf into the bathroom and demand for one of them to tell me who did it but one was asleep and the other playing the video game, PLUS the door was locked... but there has to be a reasonable explanation...right!? Part of me feels like thee unreal is real....but it isn’t... idk..****. It’s not residue either it was FRESH! Here’s some pics... 

I think with the litany of experiences in the apartment this makes the paranormal the most likely explanation here in my opinion. Those five lines are like an arm to the hand are a little hard to explain naturally.  And I am not saying past residue on the mirror is not a possibility here.

How exactly do you know it's "fresh"? Do you closely inspect the mirror for nearly invisible marks before every shower?

It's nothing more than a previous handprint that won't allow steam to form on it. Happens all the time, but for some reason it always seems to baffle certain people.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think with the litany of experiences in the apartment this makes the paranormal the most likely explanation here in my opinion. Those five lines are like an arm to the hand are a little hard to explain naturally.  And I am not saying past residue on the mirror is not a possibility here.

Papa, the 5 lines are past drip trails, paranormal isnt likely much less most likely,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Crazy things happen, my stepbrother got a cat appearing from nowhere in his appartment wreaking stuff. Throwing him outdoor three times until he discovered that he was passing through the walls and levels of the building following the clothes drier vents...

Bats, rats and mices are awesome too to go in and **** arround...  

He might have lived there before,

Yes, our joint has over 100 years of vent work, furnace,  AC. Chimney, lots of spaces behind walls even a sealed off closet, 

The seller when she lived here grabbed a roll of window screen and staple gun and in a panic style covered all the floor low wall vents even a few doors were sealed at the floor crack with hap hazard stapled screen, 

She told people vampire rats came in the night to chew her toes, which explained the dozens of traps and poison around, but oddly not one dead body i guess like vampires in movies when you kill these rats they vanish,

In addition when we moved in 2 of our cats when into a room under construction and got behind the scenes they would be in the walls in any room or someway get out into the attic or basement,

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Papa, the 5 lines are past drip trails, paranormal isnt likely much less most likely,

Drip trails would be hard to explain too as it would seem to mean the hand print was applied after the steam formed in a locked bathroom. Or if it was real hand residue on the mirror it should reappear to some extent every time until thorough cleaning.

Papameter

65% Paranormal     25% Natural     10% Hoax

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Drip trails would be hard to explain too as it would seem to mean the hand print was applied after the steam formed in a locked bathroom. Or if it was real hand residue on the mirror it should reappear to some extent every time until thorough cleaning.

Papameter

Omg, you are right a hand is very unlikely to get wet in a....bathroom and if by chase a wet hand was pressed agaist a mirror no way would water run off that hand down the glass, then dry and in the future cause steam not to form, thanks for pointing that out, a ghost was being a perv trying to watch her shower.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Omg, you are right a hand is very unlikely to get wet in a....bathroom and if by chase a wet hand was pressed agaist a mirror no way would water run off that hand down the glass, then dry and in the future cause steam not to form, thanks for pointing that out, a ghost was being a perv trying to watch her shower.

at least I try to have an intelligent civil conversation with these people .....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

at least I try to have an intelligent civil conversation with these people .....

So was i i just have a wry comic personally, didnt make my remark wrong did it?

Thank you for the corrective criticisms ill work on my bedside manners.

The drops mean nothing, the steam has simply condensed around the preexisting print and has dripped down. It doesn't require someone to touch it right then and there. This is basic hydrodynamics, not ghost nonsense. Do some people have zero experience with foggy bathroom mirrors or something? :lol:

Go test it in your own bathroom if you don't believe me. Press your dirty ass hand against the mirror and then relax with a long, hot shower.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moonman said:

The drops mean nothing, the steam has simply condensed around the preexisting print and has dripped down. It doesn't require someone to touch it right then and there. This is basic hydrodynamics, not ghost nonsense. Do some people have zero experience with foggy bathroom mirrors or something? :lol:

Go test it in your own bathroom if you don't believe me. Press your dirty ass hand against the mirror and then relax with a long, hot shower.

We have clawfoot tubs and downstairs i made it into a shower i can touch the ceiling standing in the tub and as you imagine a steamy shower gets it wet, so i wrote tina a little note not easy to see, oh about 4 months later she comes up says i got your "shower note" very cute very clever.

And moonman would you believe i make no claims of supernatural powers or paranormal gifts.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Large creepy handprint on mirror
On 1/13/2021 at 4:59 PM, papageorge1 said:

See your mind automatically goes to paranormal, mine goes to the handprint being there previously or is it possible someone else has access to the apartment?  There were known 3 people one in the shower one sleeping and the other playing games is it possible there was a 4th unknown living person in there to?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TashaMarie said:

See your mind automatically goes to paranormal, mine goes to the handprint being there previously or is it possible someone else has access to the apartment?  There were known 3 people one in the shower one sleeping and the other playing games is it possible there was a 4th unknown living person in there to?

What part of 

Papameter

shows I do not consider natural and hoaxing explanations?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What part of 

Papameter

shows I do not consider natural and hoaxing explanations?

Consider yes but way further down the list than paranormal.  For the safety of all it should be 100% check for real life causes ensure your safety and after this has been exhausted check for spookies hiding in closets, under beds etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TashaMarie said:

Consider yes but way further down the list than paranormal.  For the safety of all it should be 100% check for real life causes ensure your safety and after this has been exhausted check for spookies hiding in closets, under beds etc.

That advice should go to the OP, not me. I am only judging likeliness based on what I know.

• Confused 1

Someone (living) put their hand on the mirror. Probably the OP of this thread trying to have a go at us. 

0% paranormal

50% intentional

50% prank

• Like 2

5 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

That advice should go to the OP, not me. I am only judging likeliness based on what I know.

Once they get the validation  they are looking for many stop reading or dismiss anything that offers a non paranormal explanation.  Which I understand is not your fault but is concerning especially if it puts their health or safety at risk.

• Thanks 3

On 1/18/2021 at 11:30 AM, papageorge1 said:

I am only judging likeliness based on what I know

Not entirely accurate, its not based on what "you" "know" its based on a story we were presented we are not there we didnt experence it first hand at best our opinions of this case are based on what we think or believe, and we are do "know" papa leans 99% of cases are paranormal.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Not entirely accurate, its not based on what "you" "know" its based on a story we were presented we are not there we didnt experence it first hand at best our opinions of this case are based on what we think or believe, and we are do "know" papa leans 99% of cases are paranormal.

Bats, I KNOW I wasn't there. That's part of what I know! It's all factored into my 'likeliness' opinion.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Bats, I KNOW I wasn't there. That's part of what I know! It's all factored into my 'likeliness' opinion.

Believe not know

Just now, the13bats said:

Believe not know

You mean I only 'believe' I wasn't there? LOL!