Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nightmarish anti-Covid dental helmet revealed

UM-Bot

That's.... silly. I kind of wonder if researchers spoke with any dentists or hygienists about how that might work. 

• Like 3

I went to the dentist 2 weeks ago to get my teeth cleaned.  Everyone was masked and gloved up.  No one allowed to just walk in.

• Like 2

My husband has some dental work done a couple of weeks ago and he said the dentist wore one of the plastic hood type protectors. Plus all the other necessary PPE coverings. That seems to be the way to go.

• Like 3

My dentist has full PPE too... my notion more was how difficult it would be to work on someone with a thing like that on their head. Reaching into a hole to get to the mouth... and how gross having that helmet would be with it sucking air out through the top. What about the spittle and water and such that can sometimes fly during dental stuff? Or trying to work devices and X-ray slides around? The dentist has a little suction for in the mouth,  but anything that overspray would spray right over the patients face while the air was sucked out of the helmet. 

• Like 1

I am wondering if this is actually some joke.  No dentist would use something like that mask.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've also put back my dental appointments because they're just too damn close to my face during this Covid crisis.

Heard that Covid could roll through the entirety of 2021 before enough people get shots.

Probably won't schedule a dentist visit until 2022.

Regarding the mask, the general principle seems sound, as it's a "suction device", but not sure how effective it is in practice, but maybe it's OK. Hell, I don't know.

I'm a dental hygienist. I would feel safe coming to our office as a patient. We're doing everything we could possibly do to keep everyone safe. We have the suction vacuums. we open the windows, have air purifiers in each room, we're diligent on cleanliness in our office wiping everything down in between patients. Thankfully it seems most of our patients have been honest and will postpone their appointment if they have been exposed or have not been feeling well. Wearing all the PPE is hell. It's uncomfortable and takes time to put on and take off. Most of my boss's colleagues are taking all the same safety precautions as we are. Tomorrow I get my first dose of the vaccine. Everyone else in the office has had theirs last week . I've been surprised though how busy we've been since we opened back up in June.  We have a waiting list of people who want to come in. It's great for my boss, but everyday I pray for a cancellation or two. :yes:

That helmet thingy has to be a joke. There's no way you can work is a patient's mouth with that on. 

• Thanks 2