Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

UK Covid-19 digital passport trials to begin

Eldorado

The system, jointly developed by two UK firms, Mvine and iProov, and backed by Innovate UK – which funded the development of a working prototype – the Covid-19 passport will be tested by directors of public health across the UK, with the aim of completing two trials before the end of March 2021.

The firms said this should give the health services the confidence to then deploy the system at scale to benefit citizens.

“Without the need for an extensive new infrastructure, the directors for public health will learn how our innovation is used to promote public health and protect citizen privacy,” said Mvine director Frank Joshi.

Full monty at Computer Weekly: Link

• Sad 1

OverSword

• Thanks 1

OverSword

• Thanks 1

OverSword

I find it disturbing that the other threads about this have disappeared.  Possibly one of the most important subjects of the decade I would guess and it's being treated like conspiracy theory rubbish when it is clearly a real subject with very far reaching huge consequences on society across the entire planet.

• Like 2

Hyperionxvii
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I find it disturbing that the other threads about this have disappeared.  Possibly one of the most important subjects of the decade I would guess and it's being treated like conspiracy theory rubbish when it is clearly a real subject with very far reaching huge consequences on society across the entire planet.

Don't worry, this will never be abused and used for other things, like social credit scores and tracking and restrictions on banking. 

Xeno-Fish

your-papers-please.jpg

• Like 2

TigerBright19
Posted (edited)

Would the passports be valid and recognised outside the UK?  I heard that some countries were not using the Oxford-Astrazeneca vaccine because they did not recognise it as an efficient covid protection and a number of countries are no longer using it.  Does that mean the UK health passports would pretty much be useless outside the UK because if other countries do not recognise it as a viable protection against covid then it effectively means that all card holders are not protected against covid and must remain in the UK?  Wonder if that is the idea all along?  e.g. Issue a card to all UK citizens which forbids them from foreign travel so they have to spend their holidays from now on inside the UK.  Nice idea if you want to invest in Butlin's holiday camps.  "Hi de Hi" :P

Edited by TigerBright19