Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uganda takes down twitter and facebook

OverSword

Like I said, who holds the power?? the people or the corporations?  If no one uses twatter, then they go down.   There are always alternatives.  Anyone thinks that corporations are there forever like we thought years ago; ie, woolworths, that went.    

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Like I said, who holds the power?? the people or the corporations?  If no one uses twatter, then they go down.   There are always alternatives.  Anyone thinks that corporations are there forever like we thought years ago; ie, woolworths, that went.    

As mentioned in the video the governments of Germany and France are also contemplating action to curb twitter and facebook's ability to censor speech saying that is the job of government not corporations :lol:.  It actually isn't by my way of thinking but if they tell the tech giants to suck it, more power to them.

• Like 5

Digital reckoning: EU regulators move to tame Big Tech

France 24

Together, the EU's planned Digital Services Act and Digital Markets Act could be the biggest threats ever posed to the dominance of digital giants.

Deutsche Welle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, OverSword said:

As mentioned in the video the governments of Germany and France are also contemplating action to curb twitter and facebook's ability to censor speech saying that is the job of government not corporations :lol:.  It actually isn't by my way of thinking but if they tell the tech giants to suck it, more power to them.

That is what the government should be doing, looking after the people.  When a corporation like twatter goes above the president of the united states then something is very wrong indeed.  A corporation can only get big through the people joining that their EGOs explode and think they can do what ever they want.  The corporations are what is condemned in the bible as what to watch out for, because we could be worshiping the wrong GOD!  The people have built up these corporations where they simply think they can say s&&ew you Mr president and the rules and constitution?   The Government is the higher power when it comes to matters where the lower courts can't decide on a cases   The trouble with corporations and governments are the back handers to pass legislation to allow the corporations to continue their world domince and rejecting people that don't fit their political expanding corporate aims.  We are seeing this all the time with people being deleted for exposing their corruption.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Digital reckoning: EU regulators move to tame Big Tech

France 24

Together, the EU's planned Digital Services Act and Digital Markets Act could be the biggest threats ever posed to the dominance of digital giants.

Deutsche Welle

Never thought I would say this....I'm moving to France :lol:

• Haha 1

The internet has been cut off in Uganda as voters cast their ballots in a hotly contested election.

A 38-year-old singer is challenging Yoweri Museveni, 76, in one of the world's youngest countries.

Robert Kyagulanyi, known by his stage name Bobi Wine, says he represents the country's younger generation, while Mr Museveni says he is standing for stability.

Dozens of people have been killed in the run-up to the election.

BBC report