Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

U.S. asks Tesla to recall 158,000 vehicles

Recommended Posts

Eldorado

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on Wednesday asked Tesla Inc to recall 158,000 Model S and Model X vehicles over media control unit (MCU) failures that could pose safety risks by leading to touchscreen displays not working.

The auto safety agency made the unusual request in a formal letter to Tesla after upgrading a safety probe in November, saying it had tentatively concluded the 2012-2018 Model S and 2016-2018 Model X vehicles “contain a defect related to motor vehicle safety.”

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment but it must respond to NHTSA by Jan. 27. If it does not agree it must provide the agency “with a full explanation of its decision.”

Full report at Reuters: Link

At Motor Trend: Link

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
third_eye

Oh 5G, 5G... wherefore art thou 5G

...

~

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ouija ouija

Never mind asking Tesla, how about telling them!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

my friend got model x recently, paid 114k,  i drove fast cars in my life, i owned  w140 v12 mb, , but this one can make any sports car on  the streets  today eat it's dust, and it's doing it effortlessly.   this is definitely new automotive era,  as far as mcu, i'm sure a software flash will fix it. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Eldorado
22 minutes ago, aztek said:

my friend got model x recently, paid 114k,  i drove fast cars in my life, i owned  w140 v12 mb, , but this one can make any sports car on  the streets  today eat it's dust, and it's doing it effortlessly.   this is definitely new automotive era,  as far as mcu, i'm sure a software flash will fix it. 

 

How often do they get to drive at top speed, though?  Without breaking any laws.

Edited by Eldorado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
47 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

How often do they get to drive at top speed, though?  Without breaking any laws.

it is not about top speed, it is about crazy quick  acceleration, very useful in real world. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2

Elon became the number two richest person again due to this. Tesla stocks had a bit of a drop :o.

Poor fellow lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
5 hours ago, Eldorado said:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on Wednesday asked Tesla Inc to recall 158,000 Model S and Model X vehicles over media control unit (MCU) failures that could pose safety risks by leading to touchscreen displays not working.

The auto safety agency made the unusual request in a formal letter to Tesla after upgrading a safety probe in November, saying it had tentatively concluded the 2012-2018 Model S and 2016-2018 Model X vehicles “contain a defect related to motor vehicle safety.”

Tesla did not immediately respond to a request for comment but it must respond to NHTSA by Jan. 27. If it does not agree it must provide the agency “with a full explanation of its decision.”

Full report at Reuters: Link

At Motor Trend: Link

Oh good lord!  Are they going to recall all vehicles that don't even have a touch screen.  People still need to know how to drive and if they can't rely on the touch screen they just need to do it old school.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Oh good lord!  Are they going to recall all vehicles that don't even have a touch screen.  People still need to know how to drive and if they can't rely on the touch screen they just need to do it old school.   

I agree that I wouldn't really count it as much of a safety risk.

But if I spent all that money on a brand new Tesla I would definitely be mad if my touch screen didn't work.

 

 

Edited by spartan max2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
34 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I agree that I wouldn't really count it as much of a safety risk.

But if I spent all that money on a brand new Tesla I would definitely be mad if my touch screen didn't work.

 

 

Right, and you would call Tesla and make them fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.