Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woke up screaming

Ells

Hello everyone,

I had an awful dream last night and I was wondering what the meaning of it is? It was so vivid and I've been shaken up all day ( I'll try and keep it short ) ** warning, graphic ** 

I was in my parents house, in their bedroom, I was trying to leave when ( someone ) blocked the door, they had a knife and they went to stab me in the stomach, when I looked down I was pregnant.

Also with her back to the door was another pregnant woman. I moved away from the door and this ( mystery ) person stabbed the pregnant woman in the stomach with a knife, whilst leaving me move away.

I ran to the other side of the room and my sister in law was somehow there ( you know when people just appear in a dream ) she was angry and tied up my arms. She was angry because this other woman was pregnant by her husband ( brother in law ) - the BIL also appeared and was denying the accusation.

The SIL then said my cat would make a good " chew toy " for her dog, and she took him and snapped his neck in-front of me. She draped my dead cat over my tied up hands. Then, the SIL and the woman who got stabbed in the stomach ( who was still alive ) ganged up on the BIL and chopped him up with a chain-saw, blood and guys everywhere. very vivid. 

I look down at my hands and all I can see is the outline of them, like someone had drawn around them with a black marker, my hands where transparent apart from this outline. My dead cat is still draped over my hands. 

Then all I can here over and over is " THEY NEED TO KNOW, THEY NEED TO KNOW, THEY NEED TO KNOW, THEY NEED TO KNOW, " I could feel my mouth move with the words, like it was penetrating my mind.

I felt something horrible in my mouth - I vomited blood, but it was like jelly, and had a texture, like you would see after a miscarriage. 

I went to open the door to leave the room, as I left the room I woke up, screaming

----------

I've had 2 MC's in the past 18 months and if you check out my other posts, I've had dreams that have predicted things

I am so shook up, this dream was vivid and I still feel uneasy about it as I am typing this post

Any help will be appreciated

Ells

Wow, that is a messy dream.   I suspect it is one that indicates you have a lot of suppressed feelings and fears you need to look at.  First question I have does your sister in law dislike your cat, or do you think she dislikes you?   Second, is her brother in law (assume not your brother) annoying or seemingly a threat to you for some reason?

The fear I see is not having control over what people think of you or each other, there is a fear of violence and of loosing your cat.  

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Wow, that is a messy dream.   I suspect it is one that indicates you have a lot of suppressed feelings and fears you need to look at.  First question I have does your sister in law dislike your cat, or do you think she dislikes you?   Second, is her brother in law (assume not your brother) annoying or seemingly a threat to you for some reason?

The fear I see is not having control over what people think of you or each other, there is a fear of violence and of loosing your cat.  

thank you for the response,

I am very close with my SIL and BIL ( they are married ) I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear in my post, I know some people wouldn't call him a BIL, better explained as my SIL's husband - I have no worries about my relationship with them in any way, and they do like my pets ( I have 3 cats ) 

In the dream she killed my youngest cat, and he's one of the things that has gotten me through my rough days, I don't know what I would do without him

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ells said:

In the dream she killed my youngest cat, and he's one of the things that has gotten me through my rough days, I don't know what I would do without him

Hi. I'm Peg and I just read your dream.  This last thing you said to Desertrat56 says this youngest cat that gives you great comfort, I think may be the Key to your dream.  That says that you feel your comfort, your Linus blanket, has been killed, destroyed.  I lot of us could feel this way following the Attack of the Capitol.  Pregnancies in dreams often refer to ideas that are forming, things we want to do.  All lot of plans have been killed by the Corona Pandemic.  Lots of dreams have been stabbed in the gut, such as going off to college, opening a new business, finding the One, etc. Your plans, and the plans of others near and dear to you, have taken a near deadly hit, and the hits are like...unconscionable/a deviant blow to your life expectations..  Seeing yourself as an outline says you feel as if you have become invisible to the universe, to life, to all your plans.  Who are you without those life plans and actions.  It is very hard to escape the effects of our lockdown (being tied up).  But you can and you will.  There's never been a better time for self-reinvention.  Good luck and best wishes to you.

Hope this helps ~Peg

Edited by Peggy aka Moonchaser
  • Like 1

I believe other things (beyond our control) sometimes effect dreams. For example, hearing background noises (like a thunderstorm) or frequently experiencing physical pain. This definitely doesn't seem far from reason. I'm having lumbar fusion (back surgery) soon and my dreams aren't too grand right now.

Anyway, my point, perhaps it doesn't really have some deep psychoanalytic meaning. Maybe you just didn't sleep well. Possibly you slept in an uncomfortable position. Or you mentioned three cats. I've had my cat jump on me (while half asleep) a hundred times. Good luck.