Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Charlatan in us all...

Sherapy

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Interesting you have sexualized the paintings. 

What is this all about for you? Shock value or projection?

Object sexuality or objectophilia is a form of sexual or romantic attraction focused on particular inanimate objects. Individuals with this attraction may have strong feelings of love and commitment to certain items or structures of their fixation. For some, sexual or close emotional relationships with humans are incomprehensible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Read my opening and title. 

what makes you think i have not? ok, i'll leave it.. peace to you & all you love

dej....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Object sexuality or objectophilia is a form of sexual or romantic attraction focused on particular inanimate objects. Individuals with this attraction may have strong feelings of love and commitment to certain items or structures of their fixation. For some, sexual or close emotional relationships with humans are incomprehensible.

Interesting.

If you have never had to do the 12 step program, I would say you are lucky, and not.  I challenge any atheist to go through that experience, if even you don’t need it.....only to observe.  You can make the universe your god.  That’s the good thing about the program, it places no restriction about what you think God is.  

Well, if you’re an atheist, then you know that the universe is greater than you, because it existed before you.  That’s all you need.  Just admit that the universe is your maker.....that’s pretty easy.  Then, go in and listen to these people tell their stories, and report back on your findings.  That’s a good thing for a scientific atheist to do....do some study on the 12 step.  I bet you find it works.  And you know why it works?  Because people believe it does.  I know this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

what makes you think i have not? ok, i'll leave it.. peace to you & all you love

dej....

Thank you and the same to you. :wub:

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

If you have never had to do the 12 step program, I would say you are lucky, and not.  I challenge any atheist to go through that experience, if even you don’t need it.....only to observe.  You can make the universe your god.  That’s the good thing about the program, it places no restriction about what you think God is.  

Well, if you’re an atheist, then you know that the universe is greater than you, because it existed before you.  That’s all you need.  Just admit that the universe is your maker.....that’s pretty easy.  Then, go in and listen to these people tell their stories, and report back on your findings.  That’s a good thing for a scientific atheist to do....do some study on the 12 step.  I bet you find it works.  And you know why it works?  Because people believe it does.  I know this.

I love the serenity prayer.

• Thanks 1

I had to go through the12 step on my path, but I tell you what.  It was an honor and showed every bit as much courage as I showed when I went through the U.S.Army.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Thank you and the same to you. :wub:

That’s what he says when he doesn’t wish to study or debate.

• Haha 1

I had to go through the12 step on my path, but I tell you what.  It was an honor and showed every bit as much courage as I showed when I went through the U.S.Army.

Thank you fo your service. AA is a good thing for some.

Edited by Sherapy

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I love the serenity prayer.

Greatest prayer ever.  Onlookerofmahem brought it up as a good thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greatest prayer ever.  Onlookerofmahem brought it up as a good thing to do.

Me too, great prayer.

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Thank you fo your service. AA is a good thing for some.

It is good for those who need it, but I argue that an atheist can benefit from it, but it just depends on what one wishes their life to be like.  If they wish no principles, then they should not consider that program.  But that’s not it.  The bottom line is that any good program works only if you work it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

these are not your words!! nice copy & paste there- well done:blush:

I’m just saying I had to do AA once, and it worked.  So, people can believe whatever.  There is something to the focused power of the mind to change ones behavior, and there is no question about this.  It doesn’t matter if you have faith, or if you are an atheist....your thoughts and intentions shape your life.  At the same time, I don’t believe, as Mr Walker, that my thoughts could kill a child, or that they can have much immediate impact at all, except for the obvious.  Like, “Look out!  You’re about to be run over by a bus.”  

But, I have learned that if you want to call it God, or whatever you want to call it, you can change yourself if you want to.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dejarma said:

these are not your words!! nice copy & paste there- well done:blush:

Saves time. Information and definitions are open source, not proprietary.  Changing the wording slightly would not change the source,

• Like 3

I remember this lady, when I was in group.....man she was in bad shape.  You talk about living hard?  She had it.  She was talking about how she was so sick and needed blood, and that she felt like she was dying until she got that blood and how much better she was....I went down and signed up to give blood the next day.  This lady looked like a librarian.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Saves time. Information and definitions are open source, not proprietary.  Changing the wording slightly would not change the source,

oh joy, saves time does it:huh: 

well you, out of respect, should state this as a quote from someone else!!!! 

How much of the stuff you've typed in here has been a: 'copy & paste'? Eh? 

I guess we'll never know, will we--- pathetic

Edit to add:

if one is looking for a good example of the word deceive= well here it is

Edited by Dejarma

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I am not 100% certain if I am following, either.

I think the "fooling ourselves" part comes in when we associate feelings and thoughts to objects/symbols that are otherwise objectively unrelated to the thoughts/feelings that we have.

Ok, caught up.

If I'm getting it, we can fool ourselves by making a decision based on personal preference.

Think that's it.

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Also, I am wondering: what if what you're potentially perceiving as being a bible illuminated by candlelight is actually not a bible/intended to be a bible?

Sheri says it is actually a Bible. 

It could be a representation of an old alchemy, satanist or medical manual. The candle indicates no electricity, indicating age. The most revered book in human history is the Bible. And as I say, I have collected a few old ones. They look just like it, the voluminous pages, the cover, the format. It just seems a logical assumption.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

I think you need optical illusions for that.  There have been some good ones.  That’s not what this is about.  A certain type of person can analyze you based upon the answers you give.

I suspected as much. I'm wondering where the analysis is.

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

She’s not going to tell you all the answers from the beginning?!  Sheez.  You are so impatient.

I already said that myself in post #65

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Ok, caught up.

If I'm getting it, we can fool ourselves by making a decision based on personal preference.

Think that's it.

Sheri says it is actually a Bible. 

It could be a representation of an old alchemy, satanist or medical manual. The candle indicates no electricity, indicating age. The most revered book in human history is the Bible. And as I say, I have collected a few old ones. They look just like it, the voluminous pages, the cover, the format. It just seems a logical assumption.

Yeah, she says so on post #6. I missed that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Yeah, she says so on post #6. I missed that.

No flies on me bud. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Interesting you have sexualized the paintings. 

What is this all about for you? Shock value or projection?

actually jmcr8 made that suggestion, and i agreed it was a possible common thread

Sorry, but i dont understand your last question 

I assumed it had a purpose for you (Some very literal/material thinkers cant see the point but i can see many reasons why you might set an exercise like this Including just for fun and light relief  On the other hand its a fairly standard form  of psychological profiling which includes Rorschach inkblots and responding to pictures and movies 

I have no investment in this but i did find it interesting, even intriguing, and i agree with others that it made an interesting thread.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Actually the only one i saw a possible physical representation in, was the pipe 

I cant find any reference to it but i have seen a similar trick photo of a female figure which looks like a pipe or vice versa 

Its even been on something like the antiques roadshow, perhaps as a sculpture

Actually, i must stop prefacing every statement with actually 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

Actually, i must stop prefacing every statement with actually 

Noble Actual appreciates that.

• Haha 3

• The topic was locked