Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schilling says AIG canceled policy

Sakari

Curt Schilling says AIG Insurance canceled his policy due to pro-Trump social media posts

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/curt-schilling-aig-insurance-canceled-policy-pro-trump-social-media-posts

Edited by rashore
Corrected topic title to reflect article title
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Awww, poor, poor Curt. Sad right winger finds out there are consequences for spreading lies. Just another amongst many crying over their cornflakes this morning. Actions have consequences. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Am I missing something? He states he left out personal details, obviously, but he also seemed to leave out the part where they said they're canceling him due to his social media profile. 

• Like 4

Would be interesting to see the posts, that got him turfed from AIG. Funny he didn't show them as an example of how he was innocent he is.:whistle:

Edit; went and checked. Yup, he deserved it. Twitter feed should be cut too.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Awww, poor, poor Curt. Sad right winger finds out there are consequences for spreading lies. Just another amongst many crying over their cornflakes this morning. Actions have consequences. 

Typical cancel culture, entitled attitude. It is ok, as long as I don't like who it is happening too. Does not matter what is wrong or right, because it only matters to me.

I seriously wish it had been a plague. We have de-evolutioned about all of any intelligence out of 80% of the world.

And, heads up on the assuming. Not a trump supporter. Just someone who is very disgusted at seeing America going away fast.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, HandsomeGorilla said:

Am I missing something? He states he left out personal details, obviously, but he also seemed to leave out the part where they said they're canceling him due to his social media profile. 

Google another article. I just posted the first one I found. I heard it on ESPN. They dumped him for being a Trump Supporter.

• Thanks 1

I've Googled and still nothing that points to that being the reason for doing so. 

I'm like you, I hate cancel culture myself, but insurance underwrites people all the time. It's still their right to do so in a free market. Whatever happened does make it sound like a contract violation, so good luck on him getting that overturned lol

Insurance companies don't want you. They want your money, but they sure as hell don't wanna pay out for anything. When a guy in the spotlight like that starts making the sort of comments he did, the insurance company could've used that as a reason to deem him high risk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“We will be just fine, but wanted to let Americans know that @AIGinsurance
canceled our insurance due to my ‘Social Media profile,'” Schilling tweeted Tuesday.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/curt-schilling-says-aig-canceled-insurance-over-social-media-posts/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/schilling-insurance-cancel-trump-support

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Are we sure at this point that this is an instance of "cancel culture" and not an instance of "victim culture" where the individual in question blames his personal inaction/failings on someone else?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

And, heads up on the assuming. Not a trump supporter. Just someone who is very disgusted at seeing America going away fast.

I missed where you got called a trump supporter, what ive noticed is there is a clique not saying you are one i have no clue what you are but there are trump subjects they defend his every word and action yet denounce it when called a ttrump supporter, its like they are ashamed to admit it or something, its preplexing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

AIG is an insurance company.  Pretty sure they can't cancel a policy on a whim such as not agreeing with you politics.  You are one messed up person, I would hate to live between your ears.  Seriously.

That said, for the reason I put above I don't believe AIG canceled his insurance over social media posts.  He's lying in my estimation.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sakari said:

Typical cancel culture, entitled attitude. It is ok, as long as I don't like who it is happening too. Does not matter what is wrong or right, because it only matters to me.

I seriously wish it had been a plague. We have de-evolutioned about all of any intelligence out of 80% of the world.

If you can refuse service for someone being gay, you can surely refuse service for someone being a moron.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

AIG is an insurance company.  Pretty sure they can't cancel a policy on a whim such as not agreeing with you politics.  You are one messed up person, I would hate to live between your ears.  Seriously.

That said, for the reason I put above I don't believe AIG canceled his insurance for over social media reports.  He's lying in my estimation.

It's called terms of service. You know, all the tiny print at the bottom of your contract? Try reading it sometime. You might be surprised. As for your personal feelings about me? Don't care, never have. AIG has the right to refuse or terminate any contract they want. It's called Capitalism. You may have heard of it, even cheered it on. Don't like it anymore?

Also, pretty sure is not truth, just opinion.

Edited by Hankenhunter

25 minutes ago, OverSword said:

AIG is an insurance company.  Pretty sure they can't cancel a policy on a whim such as not agreeing with you politics.

Cancel culture has been getting worse for the last twenty years though. PETA harassing butcher shops and their customers, the states that outlawed smoking in any public place turned around and made pot smoking pretty much legal everywhere. Anyone, even at a peaceful right wing protest getting fired just for being there. Actors and comedians objecting to the cancel culture getting blackballed for letting their opinions be known.

For a lot of people there is no middle ground.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

If you can refuse service for someone being gay, you can surely refuse service for someone being a moron.  

Again. "If was ok than, it is now". It is not about whom it was happening too, it is the point that it is happening. The message, not the messenger.

13 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

It's called terms of service. You know, all the tiny print at the bottom of your contract? Try reading it sometime. You might be surprised. As for your personal feelings about me? Don't care, never have. AIG has the right to refuse or terminate any contract they want. It's called Capitalism. You may have heard of it, even cheered it on. Don't like it anymore?

Also, pretty sure is not truth, just opinion.

Belittling, smart ass keyboard warrior. Lots of them here anymore. I really wonder how 99% of you would act in a conversation face to face. Have some maturity already.

I have no personal feelings towards you at all. I said what you are, that was a fact. And, you are not even American. So I hear nothing from you aye.

Just now, Michelle said:

Cancel culture has been getting worse for the last twenty years though. PETA harassing butcher shops and their customers, the states that outlawed smoking in any public place turned around and made pot legal everywhere. Anyone, even at a peaceful right wing protest getting fired just for being there. Actors and comedians objecting to the cancel culture getting blackballed for letting their opinions be known.

Yup. It has gotten worse. It is the entitlement. It is sad.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Cancel culture has been getting worse for the last twenty years though. PETA harassing butcher shops and their customers, the states that outlawed smoking in any public place turned around and made pot smoking pretty much legal everywhere. Anyone, even at a peaceful right wing protest getting fired just for being there. Actors and comedians objecting to the cancel culture getting blackballed for letting their opinions be known.

Recreational marijuana can't be smoked in public.  Only in your own home.  How about "I won't watch football anymore!"  Ohh..or even better!  Now Trump supporters won't even watch fox news!  EVERYONE avoids businesses and people if they don't hold to their values.  But you crybabies act like it's some "left wing" anomoly.

39 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I missed where you got called a trump supporter, what ive noticed is there is a clique not saying you are one i have no clue what you are but there are trump subjects they defend his every word and action yet denounce it when called a ttrump supporter, its like they are ashamed to admit it or something, its preplexing.

No one had, yet. I and I made sure they did not make that assumption. See, when you see things repeated over, and over, and over, it becomes the norm. The norm is, if you are a Trump supporter you are racist. If you defend things he stands for, you are racist. If you wear the red, white, and blue, you are a trump supporter. I was not born yesterday.

I am not a *****. If I say something, I stand by it. I support a ton of what trump has done. I also feel ALL of the Government is corrupt, and do not vote for lesser of evils. If someone does not deserve my support, they do not get it. Period.

But something happened this time. A candidate promised to cure cancer if he was elected president. He did this on his campaign. Once I saw this for myself, and heard this for myself, I realized there is no where lower you can go. Trying to get votes off of families with children and loved ones that have cancer. That is disgusting. It is not a promise any of my Oncologists would even come close too. It is immoral and sick.

Once I heard it, I did what many did that voted for Biden because they hated trump. But, their hate is off of social media education. (I bet you have not gone to the official Government sites and looked at what trump has actually done to see. Or Biden, or Pelosi, or any of them. You used social media as your education) I went and registered to vote for the first time in over 30 years. I voted against Biden.

If my cancer comes out of remission during his term, I promise you I will be heading to DC, and gathering as many cancer patients, widows, parents of dead children, and who knows what else, and demanding to hear his "plan". Good chance you will see me on national TV.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Recreational marijuana can't be smoked in public.  Only in your own home.  How about "I won't watch football anymore!"  Ohh..or even better!  Now Trump supporters won't even watch fox news!  EVERYONE avoids businesses and people if they don't hold to their values.  But you crybabies act like it's some "left wing" anomoly.

Problem is all of you cry babies. Every damn one of you. Biden and Trump supporters. All of you have "picked a team" and lost track of reality, and what it is you are voting for. This Country is so divided, it is disgusting. and do not go blaming Trump. Riots started when he won the election. Those did not happen when Clinton or Obama won.

Most of you are entitled babies. Trump and Biden supporters. All of you. You have all completely forgotten what freedom is about, and what America stood for. Yes, past tense. 

You have Dem's saying we need to unite, yet start a impeachment with 8 days left. Really? These last 8,9,10 days should have been used to meet and come up with a way to get people, and our Government to stop acting like children, and stop acting like this is a sporting event, and have another 9/12.

"I miss 9/12. I would never want another 9/11, but I miss the America of 9/12. Stores ran out of flags to sell because they were being flown everywhere. People were Americans before they were upper/lower class, Jewish/Christian, Republican/Democrat. We hugged people without caring if they ate Chic-Fil-A or wore Nikes.

On 9/12, what mattered more to us was what united us, not divided us."

On 9/12, what mattered more to us was what united us, not divided us.

Read More: I Miss 9/12- United We Used To Stand | https://k1025.com/i-miss-912-united-we-used-to-stand/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

the good thing about cancel culture is that they do not care about the truth, they just want blood, so they will attack anyone, so we'll learn to use it against them.   my ex soviet part of the family saw it during Stalin  regime,  millions were killed  when their own neighbors reported them to nkvd,  no one investigated, the repot came, people disappeared,  it wont take long till canceling insurance turns into that,  i bet it was never taught in us school in last 30 years

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sakari said:

I really wonder how 99% of you would act in a conversation face to face. Have some maturity already.

heh I am the same in person as I am on here.. :)

spend 20 odd years working in mining.. you tend to speak your mind when you have something to say.. yup I have been punched in the face a couple of times ;) but it doesnt stop me.. 

Now as for him getting dropped.. its smart business on their part.. 

Trump is bad for business.. and anyone who supports him equally so.. 

sure you will have those who do not care.. but look at the election results .. there were more people who voted to get rid of him than those who voted to keep him (yeah ok before people say it.. forget the fraud bit.. no proof of it at all.. ) have enough people who will get rid of there insurance because of what he did say.. and since AIG has branches all around the world.. 

This is just a business process for them.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

my ex soviet part of the family saw it during Stalin  regime,

The people I know who escaped from Cuba are terrified too.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but we are missing way to much information to be outraged.

1) What insurance policy?  Dental? Life? Health? Rapture pet care? (there is such a thing: Dear Fellow Christian: - After The Rapture Pet Care )

2) The reason the insurance company stated for the cancellation.

3) The reason why anyone would care enough about a Trump Supporter to not take their money.

So far the only person I see crying is him.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sakari said:

Problem is all of you cry babies. Every damn one of you. Biden and Trump supporters. All of you have "picked a team" and lost track of reality, and what it is you are voting for. This Country is so divided, it is disgusting. and do not go blaming Trump. Riots started when he won the election. Those did not happen when Clinton or Obama won.

You're wrong.  I've never picked a team.  You think I love Biden?  You think I love Hilary?  Nope.  I do not like Trump.  I grew up in the northeast.  Not far from Atlantic City, and even closer to New York.  I have known of Trump since before I was a teenager, and for 20 some years of my life, I thought he was a scumbag.  People said it was hyperbole when others called him a threat to democracy, and look at where we are at.  I LOVE MY FREEDOMS.  Yet, there are people in congress and the senate that say my vote shouldn't count.  That electors should be able to pick who won PA.  This is the same as 4 years ago.  Anti-Trump automatically meant pro-Clinton.  And that isn't the case at all.  

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

heh I am the same in person as I am on here.. :)

spend 20 odd years working in mining.. you tend to speak your mind when you have something to say.. yup I have been punched in the face a couple of times ;) but it doesnt stop me.. 

Now as for him getting dropped.. its smart business on their part.. 

Trump is bad for business.. and anyone who supports him equally so.. 

sure you will have those who do not care.. but look at the election results .. there were more people who voted to get rid of him than those who voted to keep him (yeah ok before people say it.. forget the fraud bit.. no proof of it at all.. ) have enough people who will get rid of there insurance because of what he did say.. and since AIG has branches all around the world.. 

This is just a business process for them.. 

Miner myself. Freeport copper in Gold, Morenci, Arizona. Saying anyone who supports Trump is bad for business is pretty ignorant. I mean, it is your opinion, and almost half (I tend to think more) support him over Biden. What is bad for business is to make someone suffer because they have a diferent opinion than you do. 

It is very hard for me to see how Biden won Arizona. Not sure if you saw my other reply, I think they are all corrupt sob's. Just p***ed Biden promised to cure cancer if elected. So, I think anyone that supported that and voted for him can frankly go to hell. But, I do not believe in that hell, so not saying much :)

I ca say I heard this story on ESPN, and it seems to be gaining steam. I do not know all of the facts. I do know the dude is set for life, and I see no reason for him to lie, and set himself up for a antiflamatory (whatever it is called) law suit. He even says that.

Anyway. Off to bed. Up at 2:30 AM. Hour drive to the mine. Have a good night.

Edited by Sakari

5 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

You're wrong.  I've never picked a team.  You think I love Biden?  You think I love Hilary?  Nope.  I do not like Trump.  I grew up in the northeast.  Not far from Atlantic City, and even closer to New York.  I have known of Trump since before I was a teenager, and for 20 some years of my life, I thought he was a scumbag.  People said it was hyperbole when others called him a threat to democracy, and look at where we are at.  I LOVE MY FREEDOMS.  Yet, there are people in congress and the senate that say my vote shouldn't count.  That electors should be able to pick who won PA.  This is the same as 4 years ago.  Anti-Trump automatically meant pro-Clinton.  And that isn't the case at all.  

I screwed that up. The "you" is in general. And I typically point that out and did not this time. My apologies.