Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Spectacular' UFO spotted over the Gold Coast

Eldorado

A Gold Coast resident has captured footage of a “spectacular” object in the sky which she believes could have been space junk or a meteorite.

Zoe-Ann Bradley spotted the “bright” flying vessel at about 6.50pm on Thursday in the Worongary area, facing west.

She posted the footage on a Gold Coast community Facebook page.

Full story at 7news Australia: Link

45secs

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Did anyone look up whether it might be a meteorite?   That's what it looks like to me or something burning and crashing.  I suspect it is not really unidentified, just that those posting the video have not identified it.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did anyone look up whether it might be a meteorite?  

To slow to be a meteorite.

That's what it looks like to me or something burning and crashing.  I suspect it is not really unidentified, just that those posting the video have not identified it.

The author know very well its a contrail but the click rate is doing the trick here.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

A Gold Coast resident has captured footage of a “spectacular” object in the sky which she believes could have been space junk or a meteorite.

Zoe-Ann Bradley spotted the “bright” flying vessel at about 6.50pm on Thursday in the Worongary area, facing west.

She posted the footage on a Gold Coast community Facebook page.

Full story at 7news Australia: Link

45secs

Space-junk re-entry.

• Like 1

From the description:

She shared the video on a community Facebook page where some suggested the object was simply a 'high flying jet with the sun on its exhaust vapours'. Another stated: 'It's an airliner contrail. The airliner is at altitude, so the sun is still shining on it, even though we on the ground are in the dark. 100% certain.' Ms Bradley remains unconvinced, and would love a definitive answer from experts. 'Planes don't fly downward,' she told 7NEWS.com.au. 'I just think it looked (a little) different. I don't think a plane does that.

:D:lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

From the description:

:D:lol:

Plains don't fly downward?  Has she never seen air force jets doing manuevers or planes landing at Burbank?   :lol:

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 2:35 AM, moonman said:
On 1/16/2021 at 2:10 AM, Jon the frog said:

Airplane contrails in the west sunset...

This.

Yep, that.

On 1/16/2021 at 8:17 AM, Golden Duck said:

'Planes don't fly downward,'

Omigod, I'm never flyin' again!  I want to land at the end of my flight...

To be fair, this plane is flying straight and true, heading away from the observer's location, and way up there at about 35,000 feet (yes, there are ways that you can tell...).  So of course it will appear to be flying at a downwards angle from the observer's viewpoint.

• Like 1

And here ya go.....

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsGoldCoast/videos/224831882468389/

We have a perfect match.  Same date, slightly earlier, nearby location.  Case 100% closed.  If necessary it's possible to even identify the exact flight, but that takes a little digging and I have a life.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1