Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Musk: Mars settlers could trade in 'Marscoin'

UM-Bot

@Eldorado  This makes perfect sense, why do you think it is funny?  Elon Musk and his employees are gamers and you always have some kind of crypto currency in video games.   (I know they are gamers based on that pickup they developed, I wanted one until I saw it, but then after all the political stuff I am thinking it would be a good idea - mad max here we come and I am going to have a video gamer's ideal pickup truck as soon as I can afford it).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

@Eldorado  This makes perfect sense, why do you think it is funny?  Elon Musk and his employees are gamers and you always have some kind of crypto currency in video games.   (I know they are gamers based on that pickup they developed, I wanted one until I saw it, but then after all the political stuff I am thinking it would be a good idea - mad max here we come and I am going to have a video gamer's ideal pickup truck as soon as I can afford it).

I find it amusing that folk would want to go live under a dome on Mars when only 10% of Earth is inhabited.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

If they smelt a load of Marscoins will they make Mars Bars?

Sorry.

They would have to be imaginary Mars Bars since mars coin, like all crypto currencie is imaginary, based on what ever is viable at the time.

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

I find it amusing that folk would want to go live under a dome on Mars when only 10% of Earth is inhabited.

I find it "funny" that instead of trying to figure out a new way of living, on a new planet, and having, say happiness, as a measure of success, this guy is already trying to create another monetary system that would ultimately destroy that planet too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I find it "funny" that instead of trying to figure out a new way of living, on a new planet, and having, say happiness, as a measure of success, this guy is already trying to create another monetary system that would ultimately destroy that planet too!

It seems to me a lot of Musks ideas started out as trying to make things better for us on earth, an example Tesla cars and the train he designed with his friends and put the design on open source so there would be no way anyone could buy up the patent for it.   So, now he is looking at mars, in the long run that may make life better on earth and of course he is thinking about currency, it is how you barter nowadays to get the supplies or food or what ever you need or want.  Do you think the currencies we use now are based on anything real?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It seems to me a lot of Musks ideas started out as trying to make things better for us on earth, an example Tesla cars and the train he designed with his friends and put the design on open source so there would be no way anyone could buy up the patent for it.   So, now he is looking at mars, in the long run that may make life better on earth and of course he is thinking about currency, it is how you barter nowadays to get the supplies or food or what ever you need or want.  Do you think the currencies we use now are based on anything real?

Tesla wasn't his idea, he invested in it and became chairman. Then had the founders fired.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Tesla wasn't his idea, he invested in it and became chairman. Then had the founders fired.

Still, he invested in it.  I don't know the details but if it wasn't for his money would it have gotten off the ground?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No..

But I am still glad that social media groups have lost $51 billion since banning Trump.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Still, he invested in it.  I don't know the details but if it wasn't for his money would it have gotten off the ground?

How do you know it wouldn't of gotten off the ground?

5 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

How do you know it wouldn't of gotten off the ground?

I am asking, do you know what a question mark indicates?  Do you know the answer?  I don't, that's why I asked @Rolltide

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am asking, do you know what a question mark indicates?  Do you know the answer?  I don't, that's why I asked @Rolltide

To be honest I didn't see the question mark, my bad.

29 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

They were very much off the ground before Elon invested with his Paypal money, but to his credit he did take them to where they are today with his business acumen.

Tesla, originally Tesla Motors, started out in 2003 when a group of engineers, who had a passion for electric cars, wanted to show people that they didn't need to compromise when considering buying one.

They strived to develop their own range of cars that could be, in the company's words, "better, quicker and more fun to drive than gasoline cars."

One of the main motivations for starting Tesla was the recent retirement of the General Motors EV1 program. General Motors ran this program for only three years between 1996 and 1999 and produced a limited run of cars.

The vehicles were never released for public purchase, but were considered a great success from an engineering point of view. 

Inspired by this, Tesla Motors' founding engineers, Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning began the company in July of 2003. They became Tesla's CEO and CFO respectively.

https://interestingengineering.com/the-short-but-fascinating-history-of-tesla

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Yes, you can pretty much get the same experience as living on Mars by moving to Antarctica. Only that Antarctica is a lot more suited to human habitation.

• Like 1

I wish the other billionaires were as big of sci-fi nerds as Musk.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I wish the other billionaires were as big of sci-fi nerds as Musk.

It’s all for his ego and eccentric delusions.  If he had any real sense, he would invest in this planet and be a real hero to curb anthropocene. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreadLordAvatar said:

It’s all for his ego and eccentric delusions.  If he had any real sense, he would invest in this planet and be a real hero to curb anthropocene. 

He does. Compared to other top billionaires at least. Plus his flagship of innovation in electric vehicles certainly would have much more real effect on climate than say amazon or googled operations.

https://cleantechnica-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/cleantechnica.com/2021/01/07/elon-musk-the-worlds-wealthiest-person-is-focused-on-helping-humanity/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D

Also I think his Neurolink company is going to do some awesome things in the future.

https://neuralink.com/

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1