Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible Bigfoot sighting shocks & excites

Eldorado

Four friends were heading to their home on Highway 6 just south of Silverton on the evening of Dec. 25, 2020, when the people in the front of the vehicle saw what looked like a “huge, man-like figure” on the side of the road.

“I didn’t see the creature myself, I saw the prints,” says Erica Spink-D’Souza, who was in the back seat. She’s become the informal spokesperson for her companions. “But the person on the front seat cried out ‘Oh my gosh look at that!”’

“They said it looked like a huge grizzly, or it was a large man, standing up.”

Full story with pics of big footprints at The Nelson Star

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Papameter

65% Bigfoot     25% Other Natural Explanation        10% Hoax    

Factors: Moneymaker says unhoaxable; British Columbia is hotspot; Eyewitness of Bigfoot like creature

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Four friends were heading to their home on Highway 6 just south of Silverton on the evening of Dec. 25, 2020, when the people in the front of the vehicle saw what looked like a “huge, man-like figure” on the side of the road.

“I didn’t see the creature myself, I saw the prints,” says Erica Spink-D’Souza, who was in the back seat. She’s become the informal spokesperson for her companions. “But the person on the front seat cried out ‘Oh my gosh look at that!”’

“They said it looked like a huge grizzly, or it was a large man, standing up.”

Full story with pics of big footprints at The Nelson Star

But before Spink-D’Souza could catch a glimpse, the figure turned, went on all fours, and headed deep into the bush.

https://www.nelsonstar.com/trending-now/possible-bigfoot-sighting-shocks-excites-silverton-residents/

"Sighting" addressed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Ah moneymarker he said chris wallas costume was a real BF.

But before Spink-D’Souza could catch a glimpse, the figure turned, went on all fours, and headed deep into the bush.

First alleged BF sighting i recall where it acted just like a bear :whistle:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, Eldorado said:

Western edge of Canada...  late on Christmas Day...  Isn't it obvious?  It's Santa!  Near the end of his working day, hopelessly pi$$ed on all that sherry, stumbling around and falling over...

Did he manage to find his sleigh and finish his rounds?  If any readers in Alaska could let us know...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Western edge of Canada...  late on Christmas Day...  Isn't it obvious?  It's Santa!  Near the end of his working day, hopelessly pi$$ed on all that sherry, stumbling around and falling over...

Did he manage to find his sleigh and finish his rounds?  If any readers in Alaska could let us know...

Give them a little slack...it was hairy like a furries, no like an animal, probably one of santa drunk reindeer dancing !

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Furries

Edited by Jon the frog

6 hours ago, Shylow said:

I was a logger in BC for 25 years - I know all about the locals

And in 25 years how many bigfoot did you see?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, Swede said:

https://www.nelsonstar.com/trending-now/possible-bigfoot-sighting-shocks-excites-silverton-residents/

"Sighting" addressed.

Well, Swede, C'mon. Your prejudice has allowed you to cherry pick a sentence fragment and use it in a way that satisfies your predetermined result. 
Allow me to show you how an objective person collects the evidence in this specific regard and let's see if the "sighting" really is just that.

1]  “I didn’t see the creature myself, I saw the prints,” says Erica Spink-D’Souza," - If she never saw the creature, how would she know it fled on all fours?

2]  “We saw all these different tracks, and then we saw these tracks that were really alarming,” she recalls. “They were bipedal tracks in a straight line into the woods…

So we know that regardless of what an unknow source may have said, Bipedal creatures do not scurry away on all fours. Some witness/reporter was just plain WRONG.
Also, the picture of the prints should stand as good evidence that whatever made the prints was bipedal.

In the end there may not be a way to say with 100% certainty that the prints are "unhoaxable", as Matt Moneymaker claims. However the difficulty 
and expense involved just to play a joke on society at large seems to make "hoax" an unlikely result. And if so, since the witnesses in the car
claim they saw the actual creature, then they would have to be the hoaxers or part of the team, anyway.

Better than 50-50 chance this was a real sighting of a BF. 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
to add

7 minutes ago, Guyver said:

A skilled observer could distinguish sasquatch and grizzly tracks. Just saying.

what is a skilled observer? what does that mean?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Someone who has experience in such observations.

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

And, has continued to study and update their skills.  I believe I could make the distinction myself after my research.  Unless grizzlies are moving at a lumbering gait and in the perfect conditions, they don’t leave sasquatch tracks.  There is a way to distinguish the two, I know it, and a skilled observer would also know this.

• Like 1

There is no big foot! If it was, if would have been captured, filmed for real or found death... things that are not revealed dont exist in never ending shrinkage of forests.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So where are the pics/castings of the tracks? Seems like a simple enough task if they were interesting.

• Like 1

Not quite the whole story.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7581006/bigfoot-or-moose-possible-sighting-shocks-excites-residents-of-small-b-c-community/

Investigators arrive

The sighting was strong enough that members of an Okanagan Bigfoot group returned to the location about 10 days after the sighting.

But after investigating the scene and examining the tracks carefully, the team put a damper on the excitement.

“They suspect the tracks are from a very large moose,” said Moneymaker, who’s based in California.

“The witnesses may have seen a large female moose facing forward and mistook it for a man-like figure.”

Oh lookee, it's a rare mutation:MOOSEFOOT!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Guyver said:

Seeing as Bigfoot is not real, it must be experience in various bear track observations.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Better than 50-50 chance this was a real sighting of a BF. 

Your gullibility remains untarnished.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Guyver said:

And, has continued to study and update their skills.  I believe I could make the distinction myself after my research.  Unless grizzlies are moving at a lumbering gait and in the perfect conditions, they don’t leave sasquatch tracks.  There is a way to distinguish the two, I know it, and a skilled observer would also know this.

How many bona fide bigfoot tracks have you examined? Because unless I've been asleep for a very long time, there is no such thing as a bona fide bigfoot track.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Swede said:

Your gullibility remains untarnished.

And yet even though  you are unable to tell us who said "the creature went into the woods on all fours" -  you have no problem using it to "prove" it is not a BF.

Talk about gullible. You're an incurable romantic, Swede

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

And yet even though  you are unable to tell us who said "the creature went into the woods on all fours" -  you have no problem using it to "prove" it is not a BF.

Talk about gullible. You're an incurable romantic, Swede

NVM.  

Edited by Resume

19 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Well haven't you ever gone hunting like many of us has?  DUH!   It means to train eyes and ears to watch and listen.

7 hours ago, Brandy333 said:

Well haven't you ever gone hunting like many of us has?  DUH!   It means to train eyes and ears to watch and listen.

I think the question was a little more nuanced than that.  Think irony.

Edited by Resume
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 12:27 AM, Guyver said:

No one observed a real Bigfoot before... so it's hard to get such experience...:whistle:

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3