Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

N.R.A. declares bankruptcy

Eldorado

Seeking an end-run around an investigation by the New York attorney general, the National Rifle Association said Friday that it was declaring bankruptcy and would reincorporate in Texas. The gun group was set up in New York after the Civil War.

The group’s effort to circumvent New York’s legal jurisdiction raised immediate questions from Letitia James, the New York attorney general and a Democrat, who is seeking to use her regulatory authority to dissolve the N.R.A. She has been conducting an investigation into corruption at the gun group since 2019.

NY Times

Gromdor

Sounds about right.  Since a corporation is an entity, if it is corrupt and ruined you can just kill it and start a new one. Erik Prince did similar things with Blackwater: Same Blackwater, Different Names - ABC News (go.com)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

the13bats

I didnt know nra was corrupt was trump involved?

aztek

it's ok it is not going away, there are also other gun rights organizations.   

Kismit

Hopefully they will stay out of foreign politics now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hankenhunter

Moving to Texas is out of the question. They are a (supposedly) charitable organization,  and as such, they need permission from the NYAG, the Supreme Court of New York. Their big mistake was saying that they had lots of money for the move. Lapierre is/was nothing more than another grifting Republican who got to greedy, and comfortable. Texas can cheer them on all they want, it's not going to happen.

From Letitia James (in August) as she's already 6 steps ahead of these idiots:

fark_enrVTQgyewFqw7Soc0pywvo7Am8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

aztek

of course they will continue to be involved , about 2 dozen  of courtiers export guns to usa,  

actually right now demand for guns outstrips supply, by far, gun stores are basically empty, i've never seen anything like this ever, and prices tripled since last time i bought one,   it is a good time for any county to make good money by exporting guns to usa. guns  will sell faster than  they can bring them in, same for ammo

Edited by aztek
  • Confused 2

Tatetopa
1 hour ago, aztek said:

it is a good time for any county to make good money by exporting guns to usa. guns  will sell faster than  they can bring them in, same for ammo

That is kind of a turn around isn't it?  Usually we are the ones selling arms.  Has that business been taken over by China too?  Can't we make anything in America?

Hankenhunter
4 hours ago, Kismit said:

You spelled money laundering wrong.

• Like 1

rashore

Thank goodness it’s not the National Restaurant Association going bankrupt. I’m one of the folks that sees N.R.A. and thinks of food instead of guns.

• Haha 5

Hammerclaw
6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That is kind of a turn around isn't it?  Usually we are the ones selling arms.  Has that business been taken over by China too?  Can't we make anything in America?

Buy a Henry. Made in America or Not Made At All. I bought myself a Henry Lever Action for Christmas.

• Like 1

Hammerclaw

The NRA isn't broke. Declaring Chapter 11 is tactical as it halts all pending litigation for one year, by which time the NRA headquarters will be snugly ensconced in a friendly State which has 400,000 members. 

NRA is leaving 'toxic' New York, heading to Texas: CEO (nypost.com)

• Like 1

spartan max2
9 hours ago, Kismit said:

What do you mean?  I'm not familiar. Do you mean they donate to different politicans in other races in like Europe?

• Confused 1

aztek
3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Buy a Henry. Made in America or Not Made At All. I bought myself a Henry Lever Action for Christmas.

brazil and Turkey are leading exporters,   even Croatia exports  guns to usa, more so than Canada. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/215644/number-of-imported-firearms-into-the-us-by-country/

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

aztek
3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

The NRA isn't broke. Declaring Chapter 11 is tactical as it halts all pending litigation for one year, by which time the NRA headquarters will be snugly ensconced in a friendly State which has 400,000 members. 

NRA is leaving 'toxic' New York, heading to Texas: CEO (nypost.com)

there are other gun rights groups. nra is far from the only one.    in 2020 alone 5 more million people became new gun owners, at very least,  i personally know 4 people who never touched guns, but after antifa\blm riots they saw the necessity and bought guns

Edited by aztek

preacherman76

The NRA sucks. I wouldn’t support them over several better organizations. They are sell outs. 

Autochthon1990

Forgive me if I'm not exactly feeling sorry for the group that's done more to cause the mass shooting epidemic we're dealing with then anything short of 'girls actually having standards'. 

• Like 2