Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Coronavirus found in Chinese ice cream

Eldorado

Coronavirus has been detected on samples of ice cream in north China, prompting authorities to seize thousands of potentially contaminated products.

People thought to have come into contact with the batches, produced by Tianjin Daqiaodao Food Company, are now being traced by authorities in the the northern Tianjin municipality.

All of Tianjin Daqiaodao’s products have also been sealed and contained after the company sent three samples to the municipal centre for disease control this week – and all tested positive for Covid.

Full UK Independent story at MSN: Link

And at Xinhuanet: Link

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

simplybill

It’s interesting that the virus survived the routine food processing. I’d think the employees would be required to wear masks and hair nets to avoid contaminating the food, and the machinery would be kept clean and sterilized.

I recently bought a carton of Mango-Habanero-Coconut Ice Cream at Walmart. I wonder if the Covid virus would be neutralized by the capsaicin content of hot peppers? Might be worth a try! Lol

https://www.walmart.com/grocery/ip/Great-Value-Mango-Habanero-Coconut-Ice-Cream-48-fl-oz/815924969?athancid=null

Edited by simplybill