Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unpicking the mystery of QAnon origins

Eldorado

The mysterious "Q" behind the QAnon conspiracy movement, which was instrumental in the storming of the U.S. Capitol, is in fact two people, according to Swiss experts.

Swiss startup OrphAnalytics said it had used its algorithm-based machine-learning text analysis software, developed to detect plagiarism, to help crack the mystery behind QAnon.

"There are clearly two styles characterising the QAnon messages," company chief Claude Alain Roten told AFP in an interview at his home in western Switzerland.

The conspiracy movement is based on messages by "Q Clearance Patriot", who claims to be a U.S. intelligence official leaking classified information.

Full article at CTV news (Canada): Link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Needs more fur... 

2 days ago — President Trump should pardon the rioter who broke into the US Capitol building wearing a horned, coyote tail- headdress ...

~

• Like 1

Just goes to show all it takes is one or two people spreading insane BS to infest a whole lot of gullible minds.

It helps that the insane BS is just what they want to hear.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, moonman said:

Just goes to show all it takes is one or two people spreading insane BS to infest a whole lot of gullible minds.

It helps that the insane BS is just what they want to hear.

Like the corona virus = common cold and shuts down the whole world.   know what you mean!!!:yes:

“Shaman?”

What exactly has this horned man done to achieve that status?

Does a Halloween costume make a man or woman a force of nature?

I think his real plan was to mate with Pelosi, judging from his costume.

Beginning at the 8:45 minute mark, we see the illusionist with words, but no real authority or power.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Beginning at the 8:45 minute mark, we see the illusionist with words, but no real authority or power.

words create the illusion?  Words create the illusion of authority and power, but without your Mark, that power and authority is where exactly?

From my understanding Jim Watkins who operates 8chan where Qanon moved when it was banned from 4chan says he knows the identity of Q. Some even think Watkins is Q himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 3:35 PM, Dreamer screamer said:

Like the corona virus = common cold and shuts down the whole world.   know what you mean!!!:yes:

Obviously the corona virus is not like the common cold.

A better analogy to the stupidity of Qanon and the loser believers in it are the people online claiming to be aliens and people buy into it.

Or maybe the con artist JZ Knight that people pay thousands of bucks to watch channel a made up entity she calls Ramtha.

These are both fake stories like Qanon that fool only the most gullible of people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Obviously the corona virus is not like the common cold.

A better analogy to the stupidity of Qanon and the loser believers in it are the people online claiming to be aliens and people buy into it.

Or maybe the con artist JZ Knight that people pay thousands of bucks to watch channel a made up entity she calls Ramtha.

These are both fake stories like Qanon that fool only the most gullible of people.

Corona virus means legally it is just a common cold.  it's nothing more than a cold we all get when our bodies run down without the sun to get our vitamins, and our diets are terrible. 

I never fully believed in the Q thing, but it does seem we always look for someone to save us.

You knock people that fall for these simple beliefs, ever questioned your beliefs?

46 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Corona virus means legally it is just a common cold.  it's nothing more than a cold we all get when our bodies run down without the sun to get our vitamins, and our diets are terrible. 

I never fully believed in the Q thing, but it does seem we always look for someone to save us.

You knock people that fall for these simple beliefs, ever questioned your beliefs?

The coronavirus may have some similar symptoms to a cold, just like that of pneumonia, but that does not mean it is a cold. This is a false analogy. You also fail to understand there are various forms of Covid  https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus-strains#1, again you show your ignorance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

No Corona virus does not "legally" mean anything. It's not a legal term. Where did you get that nonsensical idea? The common cold is due to hundreds of virus only a few of which are corona virus. Most are rhinovirus.

I  have plenty of beliefs and when they are wrong I change based on the available evidence. A current example is that I stated that no one has died of the COVID-19 vaccines. Now Norway has called that into question. At one time my statements were correct. Now that has changed. It is clear that medicines that work will have consequences.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Some say it may even had been a FBI psyop.

https://swprs.org/russian-hacking-nato-psyop-revealed/

https://swprs.org/q-anon-may-have-been-an-fbi-psyop/

But whoever it is will be determined by the party in power.

The party in power has no effect on who originated the stupidity of Qanon. The party in power may have an effect on the interpretation of information whether it be the stupidity of Qanon, or climate change, or environmental policy, or science in general.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The party in power has no effect on who originated the stupidity of Qanon. The party in power may have an effect on the interpretation of information whether it be the stupidity of Qanon, or climate change, or environmental policy, or science in general.

I see the statement escaped you.

35 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

The coronavirus may have some similar symptoms to a cold, just like that of pneumonia, but that does not mean it is a cold. This is a false analogy. You also fail to understand there are various forms of Covid  https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavirus-strains#1, again you show your ignorance.

I get told that alot.  :sleepy:   Yes I know there are various strains:tu:

40 minutes ago, stereologist said:

No Corona virus does not "legally" mean anything. It's not a legal term. Where did you get that nonsensical idea? The common cold is due to hundreds of virus only a few of which are corona virus. Most are rhinovirus.

I  have plenty of beliefs and when they are wrong I change based on the available evidence. A current example is that I stated that no one has died of the COVID-19 vaccines. Now Norway has called that into question. At one time my statements were correct. Now that has changed. It is clear that medicines that work will have consequences.

Hmm...I equated blacks law with Blacks medical:blush:  I can't find any substance to my legal definition, so you have corrected me.:tu:  

At one time my statements were correct. Now that has changed. It is clear that medicines that work will have consequences.

If medicines that are created to supposedly work and don't, they're NOT medicines.    If one dies from one vaccine, then all Vaccines stopped.

1 minute ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Hmm...I equated blacks law with Blacks medical:blush:  I can't find any substance to my legal definition, so you have corrected me.:tu:  

If medicines that are created to supposedly work and don't, they're NOT medicines.    If one dies from one vaccine, then all Vaccines stopped.

The idea that medicines " are created to supposedly work and don't, they're NOT medicines." is not true. What you are stating is better known as the Valhalla fallacy.

For example, you are claiming that peanuts are not food because some people die from eating them. You are claiming that cars are not vehicles because some people die in them. This is what  you are stating.

Actual medicines are powerful. They have an effect. Fake things like reiki, or homeopathic whatnot, or acupuncture are not real medicines which is why they are shown not to work.

If someone dies from a vaccine that has nothing to do with the purpose of the vaccine. The purpose is to stop an infection from certain pathogens. And these do as shown by empirical evidence. People are known to die from vaccines. For everyone killed by a vaccine there are from 1000 to a million people that are saved. That's real medicine working in a real world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I see the statement escaped you.

I still see you have nothing of value to post

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

The idea that medicines " are created to supposedly work and don't, they're NOT medicines." is not true. What you are stating is better known as the Valhalla fallacy.

For example, you are claiming that peanuts are not food because some people die from eating them. You are claiming that cars are not vehicles because some people die in them. This is what  you are stating.

Actual medicines are powerful. They have an effect. Fake things like reiki, or homeopathic whatnot, or acupuncture are not real medicines which is why they are shown not to work.

If someone dies from a vaccine that has nothing to do with the purpose of the vaccine. The purpose is to stop an infection from certain pathogens. And these do as shown by empirical evidence. People are known to die from vaccines. For everyone killed by a vaccine there are from 1000 to a million people that are saved. That's real medicine working in a real world.

Who said: let medicine be your food and food be your medicine??    If science geeks didn't play GOD then we wouldn't need vaccines?   All I see Vaccines doing is making certain people richer.

23 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Who said: let medicine be your food and food be your medicine??    If science geeks didn't play GOD then we wouldn't need vaccines?   All I see Vaccines doing is making certain people richer.

You realize this makes no sense. Right?

I showed that your statements were without merit. Nothing in life is 100%. Even required items such as water can kill people and I do not mean drowning.

If you think vaccines make people rich then you don't understand vaccines at all. They do not make people rich. Thy are one or two shot deals and then nothing. The money is in the regular meds, those taken daily or weekly.

You should look up vaccines and money and you will be surprised to learn that few companies make them because they are  huge investment with little reward.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_vaccines

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stereologist said:

You realize this makes no sense. Right?

“Let food be thy medicine"- Hippocrates?

I showed that your statements were without merit. Nothing in life is 100%. Even required items such as water can kill people and I do not mean drowning.

There was a girl who took ectasy years ago in Britain, but she surprisingly didn't die of the X, she died because she drank too much water and drowned herself.

If you think vaccines make people rich then you don't understand vaccines at all. They do not make people rich. Thy are one or two shot deals and then nothing. The money is in the regular meds, those taken daily or weekly.

https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/bill-gates-making-200-billion-from-vaccines-microsoft-co-founder-explains-math-behind-returns/2092891/

Bill Gates making $200 billion from vaccines? Microsoft co-founder explains math behind ‘returns’

You should look up vaccines and money and you will be surprised to learn that few companies make them because they are  huge investment with little reward.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economics_of_vaccines

Depends on the reward?:unsure2:  Reward doesn't only come in money?

1 hour ago, Dreamer screamer said:

There was a girl who took ectasy years ago in Britain, but she surprisingly didn't die of the X, she died because she drank too much water and drowned herself.

Drinking water doesn't drown you.  Drinking too much can lead to water intoxication, which by your anti-vax logic means water is harmful and you should stop drinking it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Drinking water doesn't drown you.  Drinking too much can lead to water intoxication, which by your anti-vax logic means water is harmful and you should stop drinking it.

That was the coroners report on this young girl overdosing on xtc.   She heated up and because of the heat drank water too much and drowned.  

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/ecstasy-girl-may-have-drunk-too-much-water-1583245.html

Ecstasy girl may have drunk too much water

If a lot of water is drunk quickly, the body cannot get rid of it fast enough and the brain swells, putting pressure on the stem and resulting in a coma.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill/

So yes it is true that you can drown if you drink too much water at once.

It’s not the normal type of drowning that you would think of, it is usually your brain that drowns. Hyponatremia is the condition, otherwise known as water intoxication. So what happens is that when you drink too much water, and we’re talking a ridiculous amount, about a gallon of water all at once. Your body just can’t handle it, your kidneys are only able to expel about half a liter of water per hour.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-it-is-possible-to-drown-by-drinking-too-much-water-If-so-how-do-you-determine-that-you-are-at-that-point

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

That was the coroners report on this young girl overdosing on xtc.   She heated up and because of the heat drank water too much and drowned.

Wrong, water intoxication is not drowning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

• Thanks 2