Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earliest modern human found outside Africa

Abramelin

"Researchers have found the earliest example of our species (modern humans) outside Africa.

A skull unearthed in Greece has been dated to 210,000 years ago, at a time when Europe was occupied by the Neanderthals.

The sensational discovery adds to evidence of an earlier migration of people from Africa that left no trace in the DNA of people alive today.

The findings are published in the journal Nature.

It's about five times older than any other evidence of modern humans in Europe. And obviously it's older even than Misliya from Israel (a 150,000-year-old early modern human fossil). The shape of the back of the skull is very modern looking and it's potentially the oldest fossil that shows this modern look to the back of the skull, Prof Chris Stringer, from London's Natural History Museum, told BBC News.

The earliest proposed Homo sapiens, a 300,000-year-old skull from Jebel Irhoud in Morocco, does not show this rounded, high back."

SOURCE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"Researchers have found the earliest example of our species (modern humans) outside Africa.

outside Africa?    Wasn't it man came from Africa?

Edited by Dreamer screamer

Modern humans may have been in Europe 150,000 years earlier than thought

By reanalysing human skull fragments discovered four decades ago in Greece, an international team of researchers now believe that an early modern human migration out of Africa may have reached Europe by at least 210,000 years ago.

This pushes back the known date of Homo sapiens in the region by more than 150,000 years.

SOURCE

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dreamer screamer said:

outside Africa?    Wasn't it man came from Africa?

Yes, and this is about the earliest modern humans who were found outside Africa.

• Like 2

What I think is astonishing is, that this discovery hasn't been posted om UM. It dates from 2019.

This discovery should give us second thoughts about the accepted theories about modern humans migrating to Europe between 40-45000 years ago.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

And he looked like Lee Marvin!

image.jpeg.8202bf7a34f2ad29a6a4c58052e27c3c.jpeg

Maybe it's a new art of Homo species.......Homo Leemarvinicus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

What I think is astonishing is, that this discovery hasn't been posted om UM. It dates from 2019.

This discovery should give us second thoughts about the accepted theories about modern humans migrating to Europe between 40-45000 years ago.

If the theories are accepted by peers, which is sadly not usually the case with science. Things get political and scientists will protect their theories at just about any cost! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Your BBC link was posted as part of the "Let's talk history" thread, but it hasn't been posted as a separate topic before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am at home now for the second day, because while planting trees, my right eyeball was almost ripped out by a branch.

So, I was thinking about any DNA that could possibly be retrieved from those ancient bones from Greece.

If - BIG if - they are able to find any complete DNA left in those bones , would it rewrite the genetics of the Europeans?

• Like 1