Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
joc

Tournament Winners Post Here

72 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

danydandan

@joc Danydandan wins Vs everyone. 

Thus I win the tournament.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
joc
17 minutes ago, danydandan said:

@joc Danydandan wins Vs everyone. 

Thus I win the tournament.

Everyone with a score lower than 1800  B)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
On 2/19/2021 at 11:31 AM, joc said:

Everyone with a score lower than 1800  B)

Give 'em hell, joc lol

 

Dany has done well, must admit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Give 'em hell, joc lol

 

Dany has done well, must admit.

I do not know man, I keep making the stupid mistake to playing to peoples rating rather than playing my game. So as a result I am looking like I am on the bad side of two losses now.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
10 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I do not know man, I keep making the stupid mistake to playing to peoples rating rather than playing my game. So as a result I am looking like I am on the bad side of two losses now.

Jeez, I had to look and I can see why in one game - your famous "sacrifice without a cause"  lol.  :D

One thing I have learned about chess... it sure sucks defending all the time and I try hard, of course, not to make dumb-dumb mistakes.
And dany, I know that sacrificing feels good because you do control the battle, but if it is not a sound sacrifice, you will suck bilge water in the end.

I think maybe I should have had a bit more flare in my game, sack the occasional piece and had some fun watching the weakies try to defend.
Maybe in my next life, I'm too old a dog to learn new tricks now. Either that or I'm a big chicken lol. Good luck in your games, Dany :tu:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73

zep 73 (white) wins vs Eric261992 (black)

Edited by zep73
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth

 

@joc  SeekTruth (W)  win vs.  Danydandan(B)

 

Good games, buddy. You are a formidable opponent!

Edited by SeekTruth
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73
6 minutes ago, SeekTruth said:

 

@joc  SeekTruth (W)  win vs.  Danydandan(B)

 

Good games, buddy. You are a formidable opponent!

Our very own Beth Harmon :wub:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 2/21/2021 at 2:09 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I know that sacrificing feels good because you do control the battle, but if it is not a sound sacrifice, you will suck bilge water in the end.

:yes: Amen Brother

On 2/21/2021 at 2:09 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm too old a dog to learn new tricks now. Either that or I'm a big chicken lol.

Maybe being a big chicken is one of the tricks in your bag. ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 2/20/2021 at 2:48 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Dany has done well, must admit.

...an intelligent child, a remarkable child...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

And SeekTruth, too, who is new to the tournament and who just handed Danydandan a loss. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

@joc EoT (W) wins v. SeekTruth (B)

 

Almost done :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
SeekTruth

@joc  SeekTruth (B)  win vs.  eric261992(W)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth

@joc  SeekTruth (B)  win vs.  pettytalk(W)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth

@joc  SeekTruth (W)  win vs.  pettytalk(B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SeekTruth

pettytalk resigned those games. Not sure why though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

@joc EoT (B) wins v. PettyTalk (W)

 

Joc, I told PettyTalk he was not supposed to use books or any reference materials. He told me he was going to resign all his tourney games.

I tried to stop him, explaining to him that the rule was never displayed in here or explained. So not his fault. I think he is going to resign them all. P!sses me off. Damm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@joc EoT (B) wins v. PettyTalk (W)

 

Joc, I told PettyTalk he was not supposed to use books or any reference materials. He told me he was going to resign all his tourney games.

I tried to stop him, explaining to him that the rule was never displayed in here or explained. So not his fault. I think he is going to resign them all. P!sses me off. Damm. 

 

I didn't make that all clear now, did I.

What I am saying is, he quit his games because he was using reference books and feels as though he got unfair advantage, - NOT because he was protesting the ban of such texts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zep73

@joc zep 73 (black) was given the win (undeserved) by PettyTalk (white) :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@joc EoT (B) wins v. PettyTalk (W)

 

Joc, I told PettyTalk he was not supposed to use books or any reference materials. He told me he was going to resign all his tourney games.

I tried to stop him, explaining to him that the rule was never displayed in here or explained. So not his fault. I think he is going to resign them all. P!sses me off. Damm. 

He should have asked me first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

I'll sort all the scores out later...my dog died last night...just buried her...so...I'll deal with all this at some point.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

Ok, Joc, take your time. February has not been your month. Sorry about your dog passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.