Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tournament Chat

joc

This is the place for chit chat regarding the Tournament.

We have another thread for 2021 Chess Tournament Chart and Score Card

We have another thread for Tournament Winners Post Here  ( Winners only need post and per the example.)

Also, be mindful of Challenges by other tournament players...if you feel you can't play any more games than you are playing, just send them a PM here on UM and let them know. 

Thank you!

@danydandan        DanydandanUM 

@GoldenWolf          GoldenWolf79

@Pettytalk               Petty Talk

@Green Wasp         Green Wasp

@diddyman68         diddyman68

@SeekTruth            Seek Truth

@Gummug             Gary Hart

@zep73                 zep 73

@Earl.Of.Trumps     Earl of Trumps

@Mr.United_Nations Eric261992

@joc                       joc44

Edited by joc

GoldenWolf

All players are on my buddy list now, so anyone here can challenge me now.

Thanks! 

37 minutes ago, joc said:

Thanks! 

I know have started a game with GoldenWolf79 and Zep 73.That's everyone. Only  two players have not moved. Not bad overall.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Could someone who would probably get their butt kicked still join in?

guyver, there are plenty of matchups that have yet to start. the TD and final say on such matters is Joc, but my opinion is that you'd be fine at this early stage.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Guyver said:

Could someone who would probably get their butt kicked still join in?

Go to RedHotPawn.com and register and then let me know your user name on that site and I will add you.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I know have started a game with GoldenWolf79 and Zep 73.That's everyone. Only  two players have not moved. Not bad overall.

Experience has shown me that I can only handle two games at a time, without making too many mistakes, and I'm currently playing diddy and Mr.UN.
But the game with diddy is getting to an end, and as soon as he kicks my @ss for the 10th time (or so), I'll join you!

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1

I too can only handle two games at a time. Actually less if the players are better than me. But if there is a need to speed this up, I guess that I can accept another challenge, and another loss. I'm open game for the chess preditors!

• Haha 2

I am tied up with 12 games at the moment. I will challenge someone as soon as Earl, Petty, Diddy and Joc beat me.

• Haha 2

And to think, guys,, if the computer did the pairings - which it does for standard RHP tourneys, everyone would have 20 games going.now

7 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

I too can only handle two games at a time. Actually less if the players are better than me. But if there is a need to speed this up, I guess that I can accept another challenge, and another loss. I'm open game for the chess preditors!

There is no need to speed anything up.  I can only go so fast myself.  

2 minutes ago, zep73 said:
@joc didn't you forget to include Guyver?

I told him to give me his redhotpawn user name and I would add him.  He hasn't gotten  back with that yet.

@Guyver  I need your redhotpawn user name.  If you don't have one...go to redhotpawn.com and register and let me know what your user name is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

I told him to give me his redhotpawn user name and I would add him.  He hasn't gotten  back with that yet.

@Guyver  I need your redhotpawn user name.  If you don't have one...go to redhotpawn.com and register and let me know what your user name is.

Sorry for posting in the wrong thread.

@Guyver if you sign in with google, it will pick your username for you. So you wont get to choose yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Ahhh I'm playing diddyman but I can't move my pieces

You're in check,you can only move the king. @Mr.United_Nations .

1 hour ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

You got my king?

Your king is in check,my queen is in line with your king.

If none of your pieces can get between the king and my queen,then the only piece you can move is your king.

So you basically have to move the king so it's not on the same line as my queen.

On 1/18/2021 at 10:09 AM, zep73 said:

Experience has shown me that I can only handle two games at a time, without making too many mistakes, and I'm currently playing diddy and Mr.UN.
But the game with diddy is getting to an end, and as soon as he kicks my @ss for the 10th time (or so), I'll join you!

not a problem, as long as you are aware and active :-)

I keep forgetting this is not a natural :"chess" crowd per se, and not everyone here has ever played in a chess tourney before.

It'll be fine.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, danydandan said:

I am tied up with 12 games at the moment. I will challenge someone as soon as Earl, Petty, Diddy and Joc beat me.

what a snow job that was LOL. priceless

Good luck with that but you shan't be sucking me in with that blarney, mister "I'm not so good"  lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

not a problem, as long as you are aware and active :-)

I keep forgetting this is not a natural :"chess" crowd per se, and not everyone here has ever played in a chess tourney before.

It'll be fine.

Normal Chess Crowd is an oxymoron. LOL.

You have me in one of our tourney games the other can go either way, but I think you have me in both.

• Thanks 1

@joc have you seen or heard from 'Gary Hart'  or  'SeekTruth' 

I have opened games with them on Jan 15 and have not gotten a move back. When they run out of time, they will be skulled out.