Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tournament Chat

joc

43 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

For those who haven't played me yet, I'm playing 3 games at this time

Are you saying you won't take on any more games?

Yes and no, want to take my time rather than have loads of matches at the same time

Edited by Mr.United_Nations
  • Thanks 1

Earl was the early winner my friend before the tournament even began.  If you want to beat the best...you gotta play with the best!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

Earl was the early winner my friend before the tournament even began.  If you want to beat the best...you gotta play with the best!

The best is yet to come!!!  I'm open to another player on the roster, but I'm playing only one game of the two at a time.

58 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

The best is yet to come!!!  I'm open to another player on the roster, but I'm playing only one game of the two at a time.

If you want to call draws on our practice games we can play for real this time. 

I've challenged @SeekTruth but according to RHP they haven't been active for 26 days. What to do?

1 hour ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

I think everyone gets a default  win

yes, or just eliminate him from the tourney. and Gary Hart. Same deal. 1 game open, no moves on RHP for months.

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

I've challenged @SeekTruth but according to RHP they haven't been active for 26 days. What to do?

I don't know what has become of our good friend Seek!  I have left messages on Chess.com...as well as here...with no response yet.  And where is @Gummug?  Where are yous guys?

@joc  Are you going to update the cross table and chart?

You mention Gummug(?) - whoever he is. And there is MrUnitedNatioins, and a guyver(?) perhaps- any others??

I won't challenge anyone until I see them on the cross table. 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@joc  Are you going to update the cross table and chart?

You mention Gummug(?) - whoever he is. And there is MrUnitedNatioins, and a guyver(?) perhaps- any others??

I won't challenge anyone until I see them on the cross table. 

Mr United Nations is eric

Gummug is Gary Hart

I will keep you posted..nothing yet

UPDATED

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

@joc little dilemma here. 

Both SeekTruth and Gary Hart have run out of time in my games with them. However, they did not "skull out" as I thought they would as the game was never started.

And I can see why making a player take a loss on a game that never started is just not right. So anyway, that leaves us with a "what to do". 

My opinion, Joc,... remove them from the tourney.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@joc little dilemma here. 

Both SeekTruth and Gary Hart have run out of time in my games with them. However, they did not "skull out" as I thought they would as the game was never started.

And I can see why making a player take a loss on a game that never started is just not right. So anyway, that leaves us with a "what to do". 

My opinion, Joc,... remove them from the tourney.

I think it is out of character for both of them to just disappear...perhaps they are sick...seems to be a lot of that going on right now.  I have no problem with leaving them on the board in hopes they  show.  Most of the games have yet to be played anyway...so...we will just be patient and hope they can partake of our Chessdom.  I do expect to hear from them both...and I am beginning to worry that maybe they are sick.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I deleted both games before they timed out,i figured it would be easier to just re- challenge them if they turned up later,plus nobody was awarded a win or a loss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Anyone who hasn't challenged me to a 2nd game please do so ;)

Done.your white :tu:

• Like 1

So I am deleting the games I have on with Gary Hart and SeekTruth with the assumption when they resurface we can all play them??

• Like 1

I had a bad chess day yesterday, and today is even worse. I can't even spell the word "now".... <_<

3 hours ago, danydandan said:

So I am deleting the games I have on with Gary Hart and SeekTruth with the assumption when they resurface we can all play them??

Yes...that's the plan.  And if they are not able to play before it's gone on too long, well, there is always next time.  

• Like 1

I might just resign every game.  Something isn't right.

2 hours ago, GoldenWolf said:

I might just resign every game.  Something isn't right.

What isn't right?

Looks good to me on our game...what is the problem?

33 minutes ago, joc said:

What isn't right?

Looks good to me on our game...what is the problem?

Many things, a family member in the hospital with Covid, playing a game while in a room with a steady temperature in the 30's, being screwed over by a neighbor over a job, being harassed by a narcissistic lunatic who thinks he is great mighty alpha and has the right to do evil things because I won't bow to him.  Not to mention a newbie playing like he could give Bobby Fischer a run for his money.

There is no joy.

Edited by GoldenWolf