Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Detention Camps for Covid Rule-Breakers?

Eldorado

Germans who refuse to quarantine after being exposed to Covid will be held in detention centres under new rules prepared by regional authorities.

The eastern state of Saxony has confirmed plans to hold quarantine-flouters in a fenced-off section of a refugee camp set to be build next week.

The regional state claimed that the facility will only be used for people who have repeatedly flouted lockdown rules around self-isolation.

Baden-Württemberg in south-west Germany will use two hospital rooms to detain repeat offenders, who will be guarded by police.

Full story from the UK Mail via MSN: Link

Germans who keep refusing to quarantine could be put in detention centres under new Covid rules.

UK Telegraph

• Like 3

German minister suggests lockdown relaxation for vaccinated people

Foreign Minister Heiko Maas' remarks contrast with the rest of Chancellor Angela Merkel's cabinet. Officials oppose easing restrictions for those who have been vaccinated, fearing it will lead to inequalities in society.

Deutsche Welle: Link

Now that Trump's out of office. The democrats want to reopen the economy.:blink:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Now that Trump's out of office. The democrats want to reopen the economy.:blink:

What the hell does that have to do with Germany? 

• Like 2

I read the state of New York wants to do something similar, to put lockdown violators in internment. Gov Cuomo is allegedly targeting Hasidim known for large gatherings banned by the state during the COVID pandemic. I would thought the USA, esp New York (where there's a large Hasidic community) and Europe, esp Germany with its Nazi (and in Saxony, communist) past would be sensitive to such ideas. 

If the entire world would isolate 3 weeks, will get over this in no time. Just look at the big picture here. It has to end and if this must include drastic measures, so be it!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Eldorado said:

German minister suggests lockdown relaxation for vaccinated people

Foreign Minister Heiko Maas' remarks contrast with the rest of Chancellor Angela Merkel's cabinet. Officials oppose easing restrictions for those who have been vaccinated, fearing it will lead to inequalities in society.

Deutsche Welle: Link

Heiko Maas, lawyer and our Foreign Minister, is an idiot and well known for his stupid comments. Too often I read in the news "Mr. Maas admonishes blahbla", Mr. Maas is incensed blahblah", "we have to be carefull blahblahblah" etc. He is a headline hero and he should shut up when its about issues which are strongly related to science.

Here a quote from the linked DW article;

"A vaccinated person does not take away a ventilator from anyone. This means that at least one of the main reasons for restricting basic rights is no longer applicable."

Here the full quote from another German source:

"It is not yet conclusively clear to what extent vaccinated people can infect others. What is clear, however, is that a vaccinated person no longer takes a respirator away from anyone. This removes at least one key reason for restricting basic rights."

Its correct that its not clear yet but nevertheless he advocate a relaxation of the restrictions for vaccined people because of some "basic rights", means, to visit restaurants, cinemas etc., what a dangerous and stupid demand. Currently we really have much more important problems than to allow people to vist restaurants, clubs and cinemas. I dont care if some people feel restricted in their basic rights and I dont care when such companies go bankrupt because of the pandemic because we have to live with it and we will manage it somehow later on. And above all, the bad situation we suffer now is a result of the behavior of people who executed their "basic rights" during the past month. Yes, I`m **ssed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

What the hell does that have to do with Germany? 

Because his grandfather was a ***** house operator German. :lol:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, toast said:

Because his grandfather was a ***** house operator German. :lol:

:lol:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfdzjHomkz3qenTtSTkS_

:rofl:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

If the entire world would isolate 3 weeks, will get over this in no time. Just look at the big picture here. It has to end and if this must include drastic measures, so be it!

Yeah, good luck, when i cant even wear a mask around others without some self centered self absorbed egomaniac having a kicker knot over it do you really think those types would really put themselves out for 3 minutes much less 3 weeks for their fellow man? No way, its not their problem.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

I read the state of New York wants to do something similar, to put lockdown violators in internment. Gov Cuomo is allegedly targeting Hasidim known for large gatherings banned by the state during the COVID pandemic. I would thought the USA, esp New York (where there's a large Hasidic community) and Europe, esp Germany with its Nazi (and in Saxony, communist) past would be sensitive to such ideas. 

Wasn't cuomo the idiot who went for a bike ride when he supposedly had covid.either him or his dozy brother.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

Wasn't cuomo the idiot who went for a bike ride when he supposedly had covid.either him or his dozy brother.

His brother, CNN reported Chris had COVID and he reported his experiences which were strong (to experienced delirium of seeing the ghost of his father Governor Mario Cuomo). 

Already, my state governor Gavin Newsom could face a recall election, much of it to do with his violation of his own statewide COVID rules, attending a party in his wife's winery and restaurant back in Nov. 

I worry about right-wing militia groups target Newsom the same way they targeted Michigan Gov Gretchen Whitmer, she imposed some stringent COVID regulations in that state. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 5:49 AM, Eldorado said:

Germans who refuse to quarantine after being exposed to Covid will be held in detention centres under new rules prepared by regional authorities.

Sounds a bit strick perhaps Nazi-ish but covid according to the forums own papageorge is the 3rd highest killer in the US.  the misplaced self entitlement to infringe on others some spoiled ego driven twerps have is obnoxious,

I would support fines, a ticket for chumps who do things like refuse to mask in a public place and its always those dolts who want to get right up into a maskers personal space,

The money from such tickets could be returned back to covid precautions,  care , and vaccines

I believe Germany is on the right track, they give you the chance to do the right, decent thing and if you refuse you face a consequence for your arrogance.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

I believe Germany is on the right track, they give you the chance to do the right, decent thing and if you refuse you face a consequence for your arrogance.

We were on a much better track after the first wave/lockdown in Juni/July last year with daily new infections below 400/day, even down to 4 (four)/day, with a population of 82M. There was no real pressure by our government, it was more a "please do so" than a "you have to". But now we face the consequences and we had a peak of >31k on 8th January.

As I promised in spring 2020 already, the numbers increased after the summer holidays because too much people thought C19 is over somehow so they travelled, made partys/clubbing, attended to church services etc. With the beginning of the 2nd wave, precautionary measures like wearing masks in public transport were ordered by law but too much idiots ignored the rules. There were even no checks in public transport and the fine for not wearing a mask was ridiculous, IIRC 25Euro.

Now, our current lockdown was extended to at least 14th of February. Shops, schools, kindergardens are closed and employers are forced to offer the option for home office work when ever possible.

I`m not the only German who say that our government was too indulgent in the past, its the majority of us. The government did well and human, addressing the issue to the people`s common sense but the project failed because common sense isnt available everywhere.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, toast said:

"please do so" than a "you have to".

35 minutes ago, toast said:

The government did well and human, addressing the issue to the people`s common sense but the project failed because common sense isnt available everywhere.

I get a bit of a pebble in my shoe from the ones who lack the common sense or choose not to use it,  and force things from "please do this" to "we gave you a chance now its mandatory"

and most times these that i call noisy negativists are the first to p*** and moan about shut downs etc are causing some long list of fall outs conveniently forgetting they were the very ones who help spring board things to where they are, they helped cause the problems they are raving about.

I would much rather live in some dreamland where people did the right thing out of heart, soul and humanity and not cry about masks dont help anyway, and the vax is killing everyone who gets it than for covid to get so bad these self entitled have to be forced to act responsible and decent.

• Like 1