Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witness recounts 'winged creature' encounter


UM-Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

for something 'human sized' to get off the ground, it'd need a 14 foot+ wingspan, be incredibly strong in the upper body, and yet very light weight for its size/mass...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, Seti42 said:

for something 'human sized' to get off the ground, it'd need a 14 foot+ wingspan, be incredibly strong in the upper body, and yet very light weight for its size/mass...

This is it right there, and the larger it gets the more strength is needed to get it a loft,

Many times people will make a claim the creature is man sized yet the wings would not be large enough to give it flight, i also have seen in claims that even with the wings it takes off like superman hence wings wouldnt be needed and just a hindrance.

This case is a nit more mundain after reading the story for little details and knowing size is almost always aggravated i would say almost certainly they saw a large owl or bird that might not normally be out at night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2021 at 12:28 PM, Seti42 said:

for something 'human sized' to get off the ground, it'd need a 14 foot+ wingspan, be incredibly strong in the upper body, and yet very light weight for its size/mass...

But it obviously simply exploits quantum mechanics and is inter dimensional.

Can’t argue with that, explains it well and proper. :w00t:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some kind of owl. They often fly just above the headlights and look HUGE. Also in the dark, everything looks grey and black, so could have been brown, like a horned owl.

https://wildlifeinformer.com/owls-in-wisconsin/

Says the great gray owls can get almost 3 feet long.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mind just isnt a good gauge of size especially in the dark and in a surprise situation, several times ive rescued screech owls, under 10 inches tall but when they get snow blinded by headlights and hit the car they look hugh, i get out pick them up and hold them still and in 5 to 15 mins they recover and to say thanks open a can of owl whip ass on you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Some kind of owl. They often fly just above the headlights and look HUGE. Also in the dark, everything looks grey and black, so could have been brown, like a horned owl.

https://wildlifeinformer.com/owls-in-wisconsin/

Says the great gray owls can get almost 3 feet long.

Hi Die Checker

 Many years ago at my aunt and uncle's chalet just outside of Banff and there was an owl around dusk or early dawn that had a six foot wing span and would fly right through the yard on the way home in the nearby mountain.

jmccr8

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Die Checker

 Many years ago at my aunt and uncle's chalet just outside of Banff and there was an owl around dusk or early dawn that had a six foot wing span and would fly right through the yard on the way home in the nearby mountain.

jmccr8

I saw a big owl fly right in front of my car about a week ago. They're so quick that all you get is a glimpse and they're off into the dark.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I saw a big owl fly right in front of my car about a week ago. They're so quick that all you get is a glimpse and they're off into the dark.

Hi Diechecker

Surprised the hell out of me one time damn near hit a pelican in town in the landlocked prairies in the middle of the country that thing was huge.:lol:

jmccr8

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.