Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Witness recounts 'winged creature' encounter

jethrofloyd

Mothman is back!

• Like 2

Timothy
3 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Mothman is back!

12 1/2 years ago...

• Haha 3

Seti42

for something 'human sized' to get off the ground, it'd need a 14 foot+ wingspan, be incredibly strong in the upper body, and yet very light weight for its size/mass...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mr.United_Nations

Fruit bat?

• Haha 1

rashore
1 hour ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Fruit bat?

Too far north and too big to be a fruit bat. 

• Like 1

the13bats
On 1/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, Seti42 said:

for something 'human sized' to get off the ground, it'd need a 14 foot+ wingspan, be incredibly strong in the upper body, and yet very light weight for its size/mass...

This is it right there, and the larger it gets the more strength is needed to get it a loft,

Many times people will make a claim the creature is man sized yet the wings would not be large enough to give it flight, i also have seen in claims that even with the wings it takes off like superman hence wings wouldnt be needed and just a hindrance.

This case is a nit more mundain after reading the story for little details and knowing size is almost always aggravated i would say almost certainly they saw a large owl or bird that might not normally be out at night.

Timothy
On 1/19/2021 at 12:28 PM, Seti42 said:

But it obviously simply exploits quantum mechanics and is inter dimensional.

Can’t argue with that, explains it well and proper. :w00t:

DieChecker

Some kind of owl. They often fly just above the headlights and look HUGE. Also in the dark, everything looks grey and black, so could have been brown, like a horned owl.

https://wildlifeinformer.com/owls-in-wisconsin/

Says the great gray owls can get almost 3 feet long.

• Thanks 1

the13bats

The mind just isnt a good gauge of size especially in the dark and in a surprise situation, several times ive rescued screech owls, under 10 inches tall but when they get snow blinded by headlights and hit the car they look hugh, i get out pick them up and hold them still and in 5 to 15 mins they recover and to say thanks open a can of owl whip ass on you.

• Like 1

jmccr8
2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Some kind of owl. They often fly just above the headlights and look HUGE. Also in the dark, everything looks grey and black, so could have been brown, like a horned owl.

https://wildlifeinformer.com/owls-in-wisconsin/

Says the great gray owls can get almost 3 feet long.

Hi Die Checker

Many years ago at my aunt and uncle's chalet just outside of Banff and there was an owl around dusk or early dawn that had a six foot wing span and would fly right through the yard on the way home in the nearby mountain.

jmccr8

• Like 2

DieChecker
30 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Die Checker

Many years ago at my aunt and uncle's chalet just outside of Banff and there was an owl around dusk or early dawn that had a six foot wing span and would fly right through the yard on the way home in the nearby mountain.

jmccr8

I saw a big owl fly right in front of my car about a week ago. They're so quick that all you get is a glimpse and they're off into the dark.

• Like 2

jmccr8
3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I saw a big owl fly right in front of my car about a week ago. They're so quick that all you get is a glimpse and they're off into the dark.

Hi Diechecker

Surprised the hell out of me one time damn near hit a pelican in town in the landlocked prairies in the middle of the country that thing was huge.:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 1

MissJatti

The Creeper

• Like 1