Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel bans mention of "apartheid state"

Eldorado

Israel's education minister is banning groups that call Israel an "apartheid state" from lecturing at schools — a move that targets one of the country's leading human rights groups after it began describing both Israel and its control of the Palestinian territories as a single "apartheid" system.

The explosive term, long seen as taboo and mostly used by the country's harshest critics, is vehemently rejected by Israel's leaders and many ordinary Israelis.

Education Minister Yoav Galant tweeted late on Sunday that he had instructed the ministry's director general to "prevent the entry of organizations calling Israel 'an apartheid state' or demeaning Israeli soldiers from lecturing at schools."

Full report at CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-bans-groups-btselem-say-apartheid-state-from-lecturing-in-schools/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Time is running out...

16 Nov 2019 — Harvard University Law Students walked out on the Israeli Consul General. Dani Dayan was invited to ...

7 days ago — Harvard Law Students walkout from a talk given by Israeli ambassador. The event will honor the Nauru ...

harvard law students israeli ambassador from www.campusreform.org

22 Nov 2019 — The Harvard Law School Julis-Rabinowitz Program on Jewish and Israeli Law hosted a discussion ...

~

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps "Apartheid" is not the proper term here. By comparison, what is taking place in Israel seems to be worse than whatever happened in S. Africa. My opinion.

Hey-a, @Third Eye  :tu::nw:

• Like 1

These groups always seem to fail to mention the fact that when treated "equally", a large number of these freedom fighters tend to try to slaughter Jews.  There is no realistic refutation of that, only a wink and a nod by those who agree the killing is "justified".  For THEM, I have no time or patience at all.  I try to avoid hypocrites as much as possible.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Perhaps "Apartheid" is not the proper term here. By comparison, what is taking place in Israel seems to be worse than whatever happened in S. Africa. My opinion.

Hey-a, @Third Eye  :tu::nw:

You quite right @Earl.Of.Trumps. I mean blacks in South Africa where completely barred from all positions in society, including the Judiciary, Military, Civil Service, Academia ,and senior roles in private companies. And of course, you could NOT have blacks in Parliament. 

Whereas in Israel the oppressed Arab Israeli's  are in senior roles across the board, including the courts (and a Supreme Court Judge, to boot), Generals in the IDF, senior ministers in the Civil Service, Professors in Academia (as well as lecturers etc), and - of course - Knesset members. 

The poor oppressed dears. This is apartheid FAR worse than South Africa. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2