Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lab Leak Conspiracy is Becoming Mainstream?

OverSword

The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) says further investigation is needed to conclusively rule out a theory that Covid-19 emerged from a laboratory in China.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Tuesday that although a laboratory leak is the least likely cause, more extensive research is needed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-56581246

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think you've got to be dumb to believe this didn't escape from a lab.  this branch of virology should remain in the realm of theory and not practice and I'm wondering why this thread is in the conspiracy section?  It really shouldn't be.  A conspiracy would be that china developed covid19 as a weapon and unleashed it on a suspecting world.  Science would be that we don't know exactly how covid leapt from a bat to a person and immediately became so virulent.  Asking this question is part of science not conspiracy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I actually think you've got to be dumb to believe this didn't escape from a lab.

Maybe even dumber to believe that a "novel coronavirus" walked out of a BSL level-4 Lab by itself and without a bit of assistance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 7:29 AM, ian hacktorp said:

Very well-written article from a few days ago detailing how overall death rates in the UK are no different from previous years.  At this point, believing 'official' stories about covid being a 'killer pandemic' is strictly an exercise for the most stupid and brainwashed among us:

UK COVID Conundrum: The Mysterious Case Of Disappearing Flu
Published on January 27, 2021

Written by Banson Wilcot PhD

https://principia-scientific.com/uk-covid-conundrum-the-mysterious-case-of-disappearing-flu/

I'm struggling to understand your stance on this. Are you saying the virus didn't exist, or that it simply didn't kill as many people as proclaimed? You'd have a hard time convincing me it didn't exist considering I caught it. It wasn't a fun experience. I also worked in a medical setting that tested for it. Trust me, when you work in a lab you can tell the difference between a flu sample and covid. We also got slammed during the peak periods with a bunch of patients needing respirators. What did they have if this virus was fake? Am I lying to you right now? I can pull up every witness from the hospital if that helps. It's not like these events occurred in a bubble. Real people experienced them. Do you have answers for this?

• Like 1

Money is usually at the bottom of it.

I wonder which investors will be singing this song when the next outbreak hits.

Hmm - reliable?

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=technocracy.news  CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/?s=principia-scientific.com  CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

And "Banson Wilcot"? Only record of them on the internet seems to be this article. No other published work, no professional association, no record of where they got their "PhD".

I call shenanigans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This video was broadcast today 10th May 2021 by Sky News in Australia(it's 10mns long).

The link below takes you to a site 'COVID-19 deaths per capita (up to 10th May 2021)'. The chart shows that the UK has had 1,905 per capita; the USA has had 1,764 and . . . . . . wait for it! . . . . . China has had 3.74!!!!!!! Is this the truth? Have they fiddled the numbers? Has something been lost in translation?:lol: If they have lied about the figures, what does that say about any other information about covid that they make available to us?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 8:14 AM, ouija ouija said:

This video was broadcast today 10th May 2021 by Sky News in Australia(it's 10mns long).

The link below takes you to a site 'COVID-19 deaths per capita (up to 10th May 2021)'. The chart shows that the UK has had 1,905 per capita; the USA has had 1,764 and . . . . . . wait for it! . . . . . China has had 3.74!!!!!!! Is this the truth? Have they fiddled the numbers? Has something been lost in translation?:lol: If they have lied about the figures, what does that say about any other information about covid that they make available to us?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Consider this:  ALL of the numbers are made out of whole cloth.  China...shut it down in .5 nano-seconds...supposedly...but in reality that isn't even possible...not even in China.  But it gave the rest of the world a bench mark...see, if China can do it...so can you...all you have to do is make sure everyone stays home.   The whole package was for one reason and one reason ONLY...to rid the world of the hideous, chaotic monster known as...Donald J Trump.

Hope ya'll are enjoying the dramatic rising gas prices...as well as all of the other hits on our economy...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, joc said:

Hope ya'll are enjoying the dramatic rising gas prices...as well as all of the other hits on our economy...

Give me a break!!! the gas prices go down before every presidential election, then go back up after the inauguration.   Trump did not have anything to do with lower gas prices, it is much more complex than that.   Get over your anger about your idol not getting re-elected.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

Since hackers shutdown the pipe line gas has gone up. 

Yes, in some areas.  I haven't noticed it here.  But we have lots of refineries in New Mexico.   Though I noticed in Texas and New Mexico the towns near the refineries have higher gas prices than everywhere else.   

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, in some areas.  I haven't noticed it here.  But we have lots of refineries in New Mexico.   Though I noticed in Texas and New Mexico the towns near the refineries have higher gas prices than everywhere else.   

The hacking of the pipeline is Biden's fault.  He is President now...so...it is HIS fault...he should have been able to anticipate and stop the hackers.  I don't recall any pipeline's being hacked on Trump's watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joc said:

The hacking of the pipeline is Biden's fault.  He is President now...so...it is HIS fault...he should have been able to anticipate and stop the hackers.  I don't recall any pipeline's being hacked on Trump's watch.

Did gas prices go up in Texas when the gas line was hacked?   

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did gas prices go up in Texas when the gas line was hacked?   

The gas prices have gone up 50 cents a gallon in the last week. Was $2.38 ...suddenly it's $2.89 everywhere you go...

• Like 1

Just now, joc said:

The gas prices have gone up 50 cents a gallon in the last week. Was $2.38 ...suddenly it's $2.89 everywhere you go...

Our gas prices went up from 2.23 before the election to 2.89 after the election, before the pipeline was hacked, and they have held at that price for weeks.    

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I'm on the east coast. I've noticed it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xeno-Fish said:

I'm on the east coast. I've noticed it.

Yes because that is where the pipeline is and how you all get most of your gas.

5 hours ago, joc said:

The hacking of the pipeline is Biden's fault.  He is President now...so...it is HIS fault...he should have been able to anticipate and stop the hackers. 

How can anyone expect anything from a man who can't string a sentience together and falls UP stairs???

Edited by Xeno-Fish
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes because that is where the pipeline is and how you all get most of your gas.

It's down. Which means prices on everything goes up. Not just gas. Food has gone up. No one wants to work when places are hiring. We have a man who should be in a senior care center as president. Yeah, I'm feeling really damn optimistic right now. (and yes that is in fact sarcasm.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 9 months later...

It's amazing how often these conspiracy theories turn out to be true, and how quickly they drop from the media radar once that happens.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, C L Palmer said:

It's amazing how often these conspiracy theories turn out to be true, and how quickly they drop from the media radar once that happens.

Are you saying it has been proven that there was a lab leak that set the Covid19 virus into the world?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

Evidence, please.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, C L Palmer said:

This thread.

Thank you. In that case, you are reading it wrong because it doesn't do any such thing.

• Like 2

Just now, Obviousman said:

Thank you. In that case, you are reading it wrong because it doesn't do any such thing.

So this thread denies that there was a lab leak? Most of the posts I've read are at least warming to the idea, at least reluctantly admitting it probably happened. Fauci's emails regarding the lab were proof enough. The point is that conspiracy theories aren't necessarily true or false--it depends on the theory. MK-Ultra, the Tuskegee Experiments... all started out as rumors or "conspiracy theories" between different people until they were revealed as fact to the wider world. What's scary is the sheer number of awful things the world's governments have done to their own people and/or others. Unit 731 was considered a horrible conspiracy theory by a good many Japanese people until it could no longer be denied. 

Oh yeah, and https://www.city-journal.org/new-evidence-for-lab-leak-hypothesis-of-covid-origins

• Thanks 1