Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

National Garden of American Heroes

Eldorado

The National Garden will be built to reflect the awesome splendor of our country’s timeless exceptionalism. It will be a place where citizens, young and old, can renew their vision of greatness and take up the challenge that I gave every American in my first address to Congress, to “believe in yourselves, believe in your future, and believe, once more, in America.”

Across this Nation, belief in the greatness and goodness of America has come under attack in recent months and years by a dangerous anti-American extremism that seeks to dismantle our country’s history, institutions, and very identity. The heroes of 1776 have been desecrated, with statues of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin vandalized and toppled.

The dead who gave their lives to end slavery and save the Union during the Civil War have been dishonored, with monuments to Abraham Lincoln, Hans Christian Heg, and the courageous 54th Regiment left damaged and disfigured. The brave warriors who saved freedom from Nazi fascism have been disgraced with a memorial to World War II veterans defaced with the hammer and sickle of Soviet communism.

The National Garden is America’s answer to this reckless attempt to erase our heroes, values, and entire way of life.

The Whitehouse

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

rashore

They are going to need to find a goodly sized site... that's a lot of statues on that list. 

• Like 1

smanthaonvaca

I'd wonder how long the project would take to complete and how it would be funded. He put the order in a few days previous to inauguration so I wonder if there would be any delays.

That whole fiasco with the statues was complete chaos. People were being injured again and they weren't sure how to handle the riots for some time although they had a few police out to start. Then it eventually just became random statues and any locations. There were some areas around here that had nothing to do with the history of it that were graffitied and such.

I'm happy it didnt extend to claiming that all documents and books and other forms of history were offensive and had to be burned. There is irony in erasing the history and therefore credibility behind the occurrence of the events that caused the oppression. If there were no history of slavery that could eventually change the course of things to repeat itself. Glad that was not the case.

• Like 1