Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mitch McConnell Throws Trump Under Bus

Raptor Witness

Looking at these Tea Leaves, I'd say that we're headed for a conviction in the Senate.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 4

There isn't any text in the Constitution that allows for the impeachment of a private citizen. The Senate has no authority to try regardless what the mouth breathers on the internet say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Looking at these Tea Leaves, I'd say that we're headed for a conviction in the Senate.

I wouldn't count on it. Mcconnell is a snake and knows exactly what to say and when to say it to get what he wants from the gullible democratic party.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

There isn't any text in the Constitution that allows for the impeachment of a private citizen. The Senate has no authority to try regardless what the mouth breathers on the internet say.

He has already been impeached...

• Like 1

Just now, Robotic Jew said:

He has already been impeached...

The Senate can't hold the trial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Some light reading for folks. It's about 20 years old, but is an interesting read. 

The Constitutional Case for the Impeachability of Former Federal Officials: An Analysis of the Law, History, and Practice of Late Impeachment by Brian C. Kalt

https://digitalcommons.law.msu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1022&context=facpubs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Some light reading for folks. It's about 20 years old, but is an interesting read. 

The Constitutional Case for the Impeachability of Former Federal Officials: An Analysis of the Law, History, and Practice of Late Impeachment by Brian C. Kalt

https://digitalcommons.law.msu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1022&context=facpubs

The Supreme Court appears to have enough leeway to set a new precedent.

Why not, this is a very unique situation?

The charge was filed while Trump was still in office, and the goal is to block him from running again.

• Thanks 1

Sinus issues and sour grapes aside will trump likely be convicted?

eightball6f.gif.993afaf6fa298e6691791f20f68919db.gif

giveme5.gif.cb8c9b8678acb6315f585a6786d1d4b4.gif

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

The Supreme Court appears to have enough leeway to set a new precedent.

Why not, this is a very unique situation?

The charge was filed while Trump was still in office, and the goal is to block him from running again.

The conviction won't automatically do that. I thought I saw where there is another vote involved. There will be two parts to this trial.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/nation-world/what-happens-if-trump-is-impeached/77-5e6300cb-5109-41f9-921f-9231da687053

Even with a week until President-Elect Joe Biden is inaugurated, the Democrats hope an impeachment will prevent Trump from holding office ever again. However, there's more to it than impeachment.

If the Senate votes to remove Trump, a majority of senators must also decide whether or not to ban him from running for president again in the future.

Currently, the Constitution limits presidents from holding office to two terms. Though he lost the 2020 election, Trump could run again in 2024 as of now.

But if the president is impeached by the House and convicted by the Senate, Trump would be stripped from the post-presidency benefits provided by the Former Presidents Act of 1958.

• Like 2

I try not to watch Faux News, if I can possibly help it, but tonight I was tempted by a family member to watch Hannity.

It reminded me of a description from the New Testament of wailing and gnashing of teeth, simply because Mitch McConnell told the undeniable truth on the Senate floor today.

8 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

I wouldn't count on it. Mcconnell is a snake and knows exactly what to say and when to say it to get what he wants from the gullible democratic party.

I’m not a fan of Mitch McConnell, but I wouldn’t call him a “snake.” I think he’s truly terrified of what happened on January 6.

McConnell is a parliamentarian, at heart, also. He’s looking for a little forgiveness, and I think it should be extended to him.

Anyone who repents is welcome at the table of reconciliation.

If Mitch McConnell is aiming for sainthood, I won’t object. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

We have had enough of divisiveness, find something to discuss that creates unity or at least, the very least a reasonable discussion.  Or is this a joke???

congrats5.gif.f4646889a1e066cdd8380a7015f0f37c.gif

Joe biden and kamala Harris 2021 welcomes you and the unity you will bring starshower1.gif.902b93f517f9a0ff8ce9c2c7130b1575.gif

And a very special thanks to mitch McConnell for recognizing and taking a stand against domestic terrorism and those who incite it.

Thank you mitch starshower.gif.6f34334d3539a63470b1a760a2b1a4a3.gif

Trumps gone...

party.gif.c0da25ec468cbb0e65194c02e89fbeaa.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

20210119_232529.jpg

Ohh, that's David S Pumpkins "charming" Merkel isn't it :lol: I read about that ....... :unsure2:

Edited by psyche101

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

Joe biden and kamala Harris 2021 welcomes you and the unity you will bring starshower1.gif.902b93f517f9a0ff8ce9c2c7130b1575.gif

And a very special thanks to mitch McConnell for recognizing and taking a stand against domestic terrorism and those who incite it.

Trumps gone...

Curb your enthusiasm just a while longer.  There is a little more time to play this game.

Unity will last until the bad dogs find out they won't be punished, then all bets are off.

15 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

The Senate can't hold the trial.

Why not? They hold them for Federal judges after they've resigned.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Draino the swampo  

:D 

Into the the dustbin of history you go yo  

:D

Interesting you should say that in 2017 Trump signed an ethics executive order banning his former aides from lobbying. at the time he claimed it was proof that he was draining the swamp. Today he rescinded that order. 

make of that what you will. 

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

congrats5.gif.f4646889a1e066cdd8380a7015f0f37c.gif

Trumps gone...

party.gif.c0da25ec468cbb0e65194c02e89fbeaa.gif

Why is it that you expect 'unity' when all you have done for the last four years is kick me in the gonads?  And now it's suppose to be all Kumbaya? Seriously?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, joc said:

Why is it that you expect 'unity' when all you have done for the last four years is kick me in the gonads?  And now it's suppose to be all Kumbaya? Seriously?

If I were you, I'd have worn a cup after the first day.

This one even has your name on it.

https://www.greatrex.com.au/all-star-shock-jock-adult-cup-large-fit

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, joc said:

Expect? You asked to create unity i give it a shot i was happy today the 20th was getting past a hurdle, i guess you are being ironically sarcastic as you have been the one trying to drop kick folks fellows the last 4, not me.

14 hours ago, the13bats said:
16 hours ago, joc said:

We have had enough of divisiveness, find something to discuss that creates unity or at least, the very least a reasonable discussion.  Or is this a joke???

• Thanks 1

All righty folks, if this topic is to stay open, everyone needs to lay off commenting at/about each other, and stick to discussing the OP topic please. I understand there are a lot of hot collars and this is a frustrating time for some, but leave off and have civil and constructive conversations or walk away. 

This isn't a political thing, this is a UM rules thing we all agree to abide to as members here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

All righty folks, if this topic is to stay open, everyone needs to lay off commenting at/about each other, and stick to discussing the OP topic please. I understand there are a lot of hot collars and this is a frustrating time for some, but leave off and have civil and constructive conversations or walk away. 

This isn't a political thing, this is a UM rules thing we all agree to abide to as members here. 

politically inflammatory topics designed to stoke hate or a divisive left vs right "civil war" mentality, are liable to be closed without warning.

Note: Due to recent events in the US, comments and/or discussions promoting Trump's claims of electoral fraud should be avoided. 

Honestly, I was unaware of  the 'upgraded' rules concerning the Politics section, nor do I post updated rules in a flamboyant way, because I know that citing rules to other members is also not allowed. I only make note of them because I was unaware of the changes in the rules of the political section and I would imagine others are as well. 

I understand the reasoning behind such rules and I will abide them.   I have nothing but the utmost respect for Saru and all of the moderators of this unique and wonderful forum.  It is precisely because of such rules and the integrity of the moderators and the administrator that I will now just ... walk away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

politically inflammatory topics designed to stoke hate or a divisive left vs right "civil war" mentality, are liable to be closed without warning.

Note: Due to recent events in the US, comments and/or discussions promoting Trump's claims of electoral fraud should be avoided. 

Honestly, I was unaware of  the 'upgraded' rules concerning the Politics section, nor do I post updated rules in a flamboyant way, because I know that citing rules to other members is also not allowed. I only make note of them because I was unaware of the changes in the rules of the political section and I would imagine others are as well. 

I understand the reasoning behind such rules and I will abide them.   I have nothing but the utmost respect for Saru and all of the moderators of this unique and wonderful forum.  It is precisely because of such rules and the integrity of the moderators and the administrator that I will now just ... walk away.

Well that's great, can we just agree that I'm right and move on? :lol:

If people could quote the rules more might be aware of them when changed happen? Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Well that's great, can we just agree that I'm right and move on? :lol:

If people could quote the rules more might be aware of them when changed happen? Just a thought.

Let me rephrase your sentence for you so it actually makes a little more sense....

Well that's right, can we just agree that I'm great and move on?   Absolutely!  You are great! :)  Being great doesn't always make us right...but we aren't suppose to mention right...wait..that's left...nevermind.  You are definitely not right...but you are definitely right! 

• Haha 2