Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Biden's 1.9 Trillion recovery plan

Hankenhunter

Personally, I think it's great. A large percentage of it will be immediately be put back into the economy thereby stimulating it. Unlike the extremely rich who just stash it away creating more pressure on the dollar. The 100 million jabs in one hundred days is going to be huge if they can pull it off. I wonder how much foot dragging will come from the Republicans. Will this be a repeat of Obama's battle throughout his presidency? Time will tell. I would think they would be a bit more subdued after the 6th, but we're talking about the party of corruption, so who knows.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/01/14/business/economy/biden-stimulus-plan.amp.html

Edited by Hankenhunter
Forgot the link. :)
  • Like 3

Where is the money coming from, and more importantly, how will they get it back?

Lisa simpson season 9 9x12 GIF - Find on GIFER

Happy Homer Simpson GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Where is the money coming from, and more importantly, how will they get it back?

How dare you question.  The fed will provide all the money the president will need.

17 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Know how I know you didnt read the link? 

19 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

From our children, our children's children and their children into perpetuity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Here's Biden's speech for reference. Everything you need to make an informed opinion.

Good speech in my opinion.

Edited by Hankenhunter

38 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

I'll believe you people give a rat's ass about that when you go one administration without massively cutting revenue by giving the ultra rich tax breaks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do find it amusing that all it takes is losing an election to make people suddenly care about fiscal responsibility and the national debt again.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

From our children, our children's children and their children into perpetuity.

especially considering  these stimulus packages  happened on several occasions  in the last 50-60 years. and not one worked, not one stimulated economy enough,  only about 15% of money went into economy, the rest were used to pay off  debts, which did not create any new revenue to improve an economy

now watch the bunch who are clueless in history and economy get confused and laugh.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, aztek said:

especially considering  these stimulus packages  happened on several occasions  in the last 50 years. and not one worked, not one stimulated economy enough,  only about 15% of money went into economy, the rest were used to pay off  debts, which did not create any new revenue to improve an economy

now watch the bunch who are clueless in history and economy get confused and laugh.

Then why did Trump do it twice?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, aztek said:

especially considering  these stimulus packages  happened on several occasions  in the last 50 years. and not one worked, not one stimulated economy enough,  only about 15% of money went into economy, the rest were used to pay off  debts, which did not create any new revenue to improve an economy

The part that went to pay of debt directly was then used to go into the economy indirectly. Once people have payed of their debt the money they have now freed up goes back into the economy.

Also, @Buzz_Light_Year , you are alrady paying the debt of your parents, just like eveyone does. Once you retire, where does the money comes from? From your and someone elses children and their children.

• Like 5

The United States is on the mat, and down for the count. The virus is easily winning. 

The stock market should not be sitting at all time highs right now. How does that make any sense? 

It’s not wise to increase taxes during a pandemic. It is wise to directly stimulate the economy by giving average Americans, money to spend.

Where I live, the roads are absolutely falling apart, due to extreme mismanagement by idiots.

So long as we have idiots in charge, the United States will lose.

Janet Yellen is no idiot. I applaud her nomination as the first female Treasury Secretary.

Good job Joe Biden. 

15 minutes ago, odas said:

Once you retire, where does the money comes from? From your and someone elses children and their children.

Actually, it's based on how much you paid in in your lifetime. If you didn't pay in much, you don't get much. Not that you do anyway. You could also be denied Medicare.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, susieice said:

Actually, it's based on how much you paid in in your lifetime. If you didn't pay in much, you don't get much. Not that you do anyway. You could also be denied Medicare.

I understand that. Same here in Canada. Your pension depends on how much you have paid into. However, let's say, I paid for 40 years 200 a month and retire at 65, I wil receive about 1000 from CPP and another roughly 600 from OAP. Now, let's say I will live to be 85. That is way more than I payed into. Where does the difference comes from? From the amount my children or yours pay in.

Edited by odas
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, odas said:

I understand that. Same here in Canada. Your pension depends on how much you have paid into. However, let's say, I paid for 40 years 200 a month and retire at 65, I wil receive about 1000 from CPP and another roughly 600 from OAP. Now, let's say I will live to be 85. That is way more than I payed into. Where does the difference comes from? From the amount my children or yours pay in.

And from interest, and from all the folks who die at 67 and don't use theirs.  Sad to say, I've known a lot of working folks who die either a year or two before they reach 65 or a year or two after.  It is no mystery that the age was set at 65.  Actuarial tables  indicated most people would not collect for more than a couple of years.  Course that was 80+years ago.  Ours has be adjusted. Mine is 67.5  and younger people go up to 69 as far as I know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

And from interest, and from all the folks who die at 67 and don't use theirs.  Sad to say, I've known a lot of working folks who die either a year or two before they reach 65 or a year or two after.  It is no mystery that the age was set at 65.  Actuarial tables  indicated most people would not collect for more than a couple of years.  Course that was 80+years ago.  Ours has be adjusted. Mine is 67.5  and younger people go up to 69 as far as I know.

I've heard for some young people, the retirement age will be 72. Many, many, many people die before they collect their social security but widows and dependent children can collect. I think right now children can collect until they are 16. I haven't looked this up but I think that's how it works. It's also important to remember that there's a real good chance the wife worked and paid in her whole life or most of it. Her benefit amount will depend on who's income was greater. The other is absorbed.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Unlike the extremely rich who just stash it away creating more pressure on the dollar.

Is there any proof they are actually doing that right now?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I've heard for some young people, the retirement age will be 72. Many, many, many people die before they collect their social security but widows and dependent children can collect. I think right now children can collect until they are 16. I haven't looked this up but I think that's how it works. It's also important to remember that there's a real good chance the wife worked and paid in her whole life or most of it. Her benefit amount will depend on who's income was greater. The other is absorbed.

Social security full benefit is at 67 for everyone born 1960 and above. 

There has not been any announcement for above that yet.

I think 67 sounds criminal. Can't even imagine 72.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

And that is why immigration is so important. Don't know exactely but I read somewhere that the North American and the European population is getting faster older than there is babies coming. That is also due to the fact that the younger generation is missing out on marriage and babies because they cannot afford it with the tempo of life they have. The tempo of life is regulated and controlled by-who?-by the corporations. In return the corporations have workers without private life of their own. Then, the corporations keep on jacking the prices of everything but the wages do not follow. More people get into debt, lose everything, become homeless. That is where immigration comes in handy for them and for the retieris.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Social security full benefit is at 67 for everyone born 1960 and above. 

There has not been any announcement for above that yet.

I think 67 sounds criminal. Can't even imagine 72.

I've heard 72, but I could be wrong there. I know right now, they suggest you wait until 70 if you can. 

i have serious doubt ss will even exist when i retire,  so i do my own 401k, invest in stocks, and  buy real estate while i can.   the gvmnt just can not be trusted

• Like 1

Like i said in the other thread , if they are gonna increase the unemployment amount received , they should at least make those collecting have to look for jobs while collecting, so people aint just sitting at home collecting fat cash doing nothing. Then there's a chance more jobs could be added .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Then why did Trump do it twice?

To protect the US $ 

Like everybody before him. 

:D 

He's just better entertainment than the rest of the lot!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, aztek said:

especially considering  these stimulus packages  happened on several occasions  in the last 50-60 years. and not one worked, not one stimulated economy enough,  only about 15% of money went into economy, the rest were used to pay off  debts, which did not create any new revenue to improve an economy

heh it must be a american thing.. the stimulus packages we have had here have always worked :)

• Haha 1