Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scotland recorded 33 UFO sightings in 2020

UM-Bot

I live in Aberdeenshire and I have to admit I saw a UFO about two weeks ago that I am trying to work out what it was.

It was 2am and was low, plummeting toward the sea at an 8pm angle, faster moving than any aircraft (we have the airport near us so a lot of planes fly in that same flightpath and they are 10 times slower) and looked similar to a firework or large meteor burning up in the atmosphere (Slower than a shooting star, I have seen a fireball meteor before and it was spectacular).

I would have said it could have been a meteor but the difference was that it was very bright white rather than orange tinted, similar to how an LED light bulb is a clinical white light rather than an orange glow of a regular old-style bulb.

It lasted for two seconds at most before it went behind a house roof so I couldn't see any more and if it did drop further it would have hit the North Sea, at least a mile offshore.

My theory is I caught sight of a meteor falling and that the whiter light of it could be it burning up at a much hotter heat so it was white-hot rather than red hot?

Anyone know if that can happen to a meteor at a low level? (3,000 feet or less).

• Like 2

@ExoPaul a meteor cannot burn up at 3000 feet. 

Generally the lowest altitude would be tens of kilometres.

Edited by Timothy
Corrected non-American autocorrected spelling of kilometres. ;)