Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are all gods aliens?

jmccr8

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

Years ago I knew a guy that was going through a rough time and he made his hot water rad in his room the god he talked to and this is exactly what I think you have done, either that or you never out grew your imaginary friend from childhood because you claim 60 years of experience with this entity so you were 9-10 years old but you have stated earlier experiences so this just seem like your safe place in life.

jmccr8

I couldn't really follow this (are you saying you knew a person who made the hot water radiator in his bathroom into a god ?)  but you are entitled to your opinion especially as it is based on your own lack of experiences with this being . 

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

A definition is a description, not evidence. 

My argument is that real gods originate off world ie by definition a  real god is an alien being  

I could be wrong they might be human time travellers from  the future :) 

This argument is not about the existence of gods but about their nature Alien is a definition for any off world being or species 

If a god originates off world/earth  it is an alien  (if it originates in Mexico then it is also an alien in America, until it gains citizenship, or at least a green card :) )

11 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

So, in your mind, where do real gods originate from,  if the y exist. 

Hi Walker

After years of discussion and several post in this thread and you don't understand that I do not see beings human or alien as gods and have explained what god is to me

jmccr8

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

A definition is a description, not evidence. 

It is evidence that he lied and is clearly evident in regards to his characteristic nature of a pathological liar 

~

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

After years of discussion and several post in this thread and you don't understand that I do not see beings human or alien as gods and have explained what god is to me

jmccr8

I do have a faint and murky idea of what you think of as god But it also makes no sense to me 

Intelligence in itself is a quality not a being.

it is not self  directed, independent ,separate from  you etc  Itis not even an imaginary god construct    

how why do you think it qualifies as a god form?  

Do you  see it as i do? ie the universal consciousness, which connects and permeates everything?   

what can you do for your god ? What can it do for you?

if nothing, then how can it meet the requirements of a god, for you ? 

Does it protect you, empower you, educate you, inform you, help you etc. ?

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

It maybe an artificial intelligence controlling  events via prior programming  I dont have enough knowledge to be able to ascertain this 

Hi Walker

See this is how things fall apart for you, you assert I don't believe because I know and here you are saying I don't know what it is so then you believe and don't know after 60 years of not knowing something about someone like your alien which we both know is not a god and I doubts exists outside of your mind.

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

See this is how things fall apart for you, you assert I don't believe because I know and here you are saying I don't know what it is so then you believe and don't know after 60 years of not knowing something about someone like your alien which we both know is not a god and I doubts exists outside of your mind.

jmccr8

Iknow this being exists and has the powers and abilities which humans attribute to gods. 

Nup, idont know or understand everything about it.

I am like an indigenous person confronted by a European settler 200 years ago     I can observe and rationally analyse its behaviours and its abilities, but i cant know or understand  much more about it  

18 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Hi Jay

Maybe it's just my perception, but it strikes me that many seem to think that replacing God did it, with Aliens did it somehow makes more sense. 

We can't build the pyramids

Aliens must have done it

We could never fit hard stone

Aliens must have done it

We can't have evolved into intelligent beings alone

Aliens must have done it

The Bible makes no sense, but it simply must be true

This is an interesting link. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hyperallergic.com/470795/pseudoarchaeology-and-the-racism-behind-ancient-aliens/

Hi Psyche

Thanks for the link and yes I am well familiar with the mere moral men are not smart/strong enough attitude of those that can't do compared to those that can in the trades we use that saying all the time except that it is those than can do and those that can't teach. I hope some of the readers of this thread take the time to read through it for their own benefit. I think that for some people it would really help them if they read translated writings from those times to see and understand the depth of mind that existed in those people at that time. As well studying archaic humans also gives a greater insight into the determination, skills and adaptability to survive so we can be here today we are amazing creatures if we take the time to understand and realize what our past was.

jmccr8

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I couldn't really follow this (are you saying you knew a person who made the hot water radiator in his bathroom into a god ?)  but you are entitled to your opinion especially as it is based on your own lack of experiences with this being . 

Hi Walker

Not sure what difference which room it was but no it was the rad in his bedroom of a boarding house. so are you saying his hot water rad was a god and not just a soother?

jmccr8

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Hi Walker

It is for many of us that create, adapt ourselves our environments and see and realize potential

25 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

it is not self  directed, independent ,separate from  you etc  Itis not even an imaginary god construct 

It is directed by me through many influences

26 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Because it gives me the ability to create and change/ modify myself and the environment around me it is the ability to think

28 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Do you  see it as i do? ie the universal consciousness, which connects and permeates everything?   

Nope

29 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

The ability to think gives me knowledges, teaches me how to learn, what to look for, how to use it using the ability is all I have to do for it. I do not have requirements for god to do anything for me it is how I do things for myself and others that matters it's not an entity it's a means by which.

33 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Absolutely

jmccr8

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Iknow this being exists and has the powers and abilities which humans attribute to gods. 

Nup, idont know or understand everything about it.

I am like an indigenous person confronted by a European settler 200 years ago     I can observe and rationally analyse its behaviours and its abilities, but i cant know or understand  much more about it  

Hi Walker

So you don't ask it questions like I do with mine, It doesn't love you enough to let you know where you stand in it's presence mine does because it is the reason for looking for answers that make sense and can be trusted and shared because I am active in the discovery I suspect you are not independent or motivated enough to discover 

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do have a faint and murky idea of what you think of as god But it also makes no sense to me 

e327960fed0ad543c43bfce0d24dbd29.gif

• Haha 6

We received a radio broadcast  from  a  mains powered radio when the power had been off for several hours and our power lines were lying on the ground melted  God (the cosmic consciousness)  had told me to turn the radio on and listen to the warning which i did even knowing there was no power (its not a good idea to argue with a god :)     It told us that the fire front had changed direction and was burning rapidly towards,  us  about  6 kilometres to the south 

Hi Walker

I know this has been addressed several times over the years some radios have small back up batteries built in any you may not have known this. I also remember that Eight bits has given a very solid response that satisfies all the criteria involved and most of us agree that it is likely what happened. Every now and then someone new drops in but for the most part it's the same bunch of guys having a coffee, brew or bud (or both :D) sitting around discussing interesting subjects and having fun teasing and having a few laughs while trying to learn something new and you might find it more advantageous to not over argue this. But seeing as we doing this anyway I thought you said in earlier discussions that the radio turned itself on.

jmccr8

• Haha 4

My argument is that real gods originate off world ie by definition a  real god is an alien being  

I could be wrong they might be human time travellers from  the future :) 

This argument is not about the existence of gods but about their nature Alien is a definition for any off world being or species 

If a god originates off world/earth  it is an alien  (if it originates in Mexico then it is also an alien in America, until it gains citizenship, or at least a green card :) )

This is not an argument.

It is just you spinning yarns, letting your imagination run free on confabulation. :P

All the best.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Psyche

Thanks for the link and yes I am well familiar with the mere moral men are not smart/strong enough attitude of those that can't do compared to those that can in the trades we use that saying all the time except that it is those than can do and those that can't teach. I hope some of the readers of this thread take the time to read through it for their own benefit. I think that for some people it would really help them if they read translated writings from those times to see and understand the depth of mind that existed in those people at that time. As well studying archaic humans also gives a greater insight into the determination, skills and adaptability to survive so we can be here today we are amazing creatures if we take the time to understand and realize what our past was.

jmccr8

Many severely underestimate our ancestors for sure. But it just strikes me as religion all over again. We could not explain lighting do we attributed that to gods. A large portion of people treat abiogenesis the same way. I think gods and aliens of just repeating the process. Gods don't seem as viable as they once did, so higher tech fills the god did it gap. 

More that we are stuck in a thinking rut than actual thought being applied.

IMHO of course. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

I know this has been addressed several times over the years some radios have small back up batteries built in any you may not have known this. I also remember that Eight bits has given a very solid response that satisfies all the criteria involved and most of us agree that it is likely what happened. Every now and then someone new drops in but for the most part it's the same bunch of guys having a coffee, brew or bud (or both :D) sitting around discussing interesting subjects and having fun teasing and having a few laughs while trying to learn something new and you might find it more advantageous to not over argue this. But seeing as we doing this anyway I thought you said in earlier discussions that the radio turned itself on.

jmccr8

They are called Harbulary batteries.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

jmccr8

What gets me is how this cosmic consciousness whispered tenderly in his ear, "Hey bud, turn on the radio" when it could have just communicated the message itself.

Seems like a pretty weak "cosmic consciousness".

Also, @Mr Walker what was the brand/model/make of the radio, specifically? Just any kind of information that could help me identify it so I could look up the actual components used. I'd like to verify that the components would not have allowed for @eight bits' explanation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Many severely underestimate our ancestors for sure. But it just strikes me as religion all over again. We could not explain lighting do we attributed that to gods. A large portion of people treat abiogenesis the same way. I think gods and aliens of just repeating the process. Gods don't seem as viable as they once did, so higher tech fills the god did it gap. 

More that we are stuck in a thinking rut than actual thought being applied.

IMHO of course. 

Hi Psyche

Yes as a reading form of entertainment sci-fi has been a big seller for the last 100 years and in film more than 50 so people are well indoctrinated in fictional thinking

then we have people like Dankin and ilk that put biased speculation into new dimensions then throw in a little astral travel and lucid dreaming and you get Walker.:D

jmccr8

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They are called Harbulary batteries.

Fascinating. You're an electrician, right?

How much of a charge could such batteries hold, and for how long after the device received power would the charge be held?

I'll google it myself but your input is always appreciated fella.

EDIT: Did I just get... got? Was that a meme? ****.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

jmccr8

Google it :)

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Fascinating. You're an electrician, right?

Yep

How much of a charge could such batteries hold, and for how long after the device received power would the charge be held?

I'll google it myself but your input is always appreciated fella.

They are extremely powerful. Several billion gigawatts each. Could light up America with one. But because they are unstable, they aren't well known or in use very often.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

To postulate something exists, without a shred of direct evidence, is an argument or rationalization without proof. It is not falsifiable. In dealing with the concept of something that creates universes we stray beyond human experience, beyond human comprehension. We are, thus, reduced to the same status of our primitive ancestors, huddled around campfires, anthropomorphizing deities to explain lightning, rain and thunder, the sun, moon and stars and all other natural phenomena that surrounded and bewildered them. In this thread I see the same thing happening, gods created in our own image, not so much the image of our flesh, but in the image of our own minds. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

It is for many of us that create, adapt ourselves our environments and see and realize potential

It is directed by me through many influences

Because it gives me the ability to create and change/ modify myself and the environment around me it is the ability to think

Nope

The ability to think gives me knowledges, teaches me how to learn, what to look for, how to use it using the ability is all I have to do for it. I do not have requirements for god to do anything for me it is how I do things for myself and others that matters it's not an entity it's a means by which.

Absolutely

jmccr8

Ok so simply being human makes you a god?   :) 

I can relate to that.

Unless the y are damaged in some way, all humans have this quality of self  aware intelligence.

It is a wonderful, mind blowing thing. 

It makes us like gods, but it doesn't   make us gods,  until we have something which perceives us as gods 

Ps do you honestly think i dont see myself and my world in this same way?

I was raised to be like you describe here. "god" is simply an optional extra  It is not a crutch for the weak or a support for the needy. It is a tutor, a protector, a mentor and a guide. Its a mix of father/mother , older brother, uncle, wife etc. 

You can take to or leave it,  (i managed very well without it for a long time,)  but you are much more powerful when you learn to live with it, and adapt it to your own purposes  ) It will protect you from harm, as well, when you can't protect yourself 

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

To postulate something exists, without a shred of direct evidence, is an argument or rationalization without proof. It is not falsifiable. In dealing with the concept of something that creates universes we stray beyond human experience, beyond human comprehension. We are, thus, reduced to the same status of our primitive ancestors, huddled around campfires, anthropomorphizing deities to explain lightning, rain and thunder, the sun, moon and stars and all other natural phenomena that surrounded and bewildered them. In this thread I see the same thing happening, gods created in our own image, not so much the image of our flesh, but in the image of our own minds. 

There may well be other beings out there which are so unrecognisable to us that we cant relate to them, or them to us.

Thus they cant be gods to us.

It is the connection and similarity which enables one being to be a god to/for another being.

Likewise with  constructs.

Not much point in constructing a god who cant speak your language or hear you.

• The topic was locked