Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are all gods aliens?

jmccr8

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Yes, that's why it was in my reply.

Then why do you welch on bets, make broad sweeping statements, promote any anecdote as likely genuine and don't back up your claims?

None of that adheres to the definition you provided.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I don't think he is a target. I think he seeks targets. Attention seeking through shock value or one of the charlatans themselves in pseudo. 

I can see him being both a target and seeking targets, if I'm honest.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Then why do you welch on bets, make broad sweeping statements, promote any anecdote as likely genuine and don't back up your claims?

I don’t actually do any of those things, psyche.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I don’t actually do any of those things, psyche.

Ive witnessed every one of those on these boards Papa. Do you have memory problems?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

It's a loaded term that woo peddlers use to try and insult those that ask for an empirical scientific reason to believe something. 

It's like asking for a well constructed argument, evidence and/or reason is somehow proclaiming, "Science knows everything!"

99.999999% of supernatural "evidence" is "You just gotta believe me" stories and anecdotes.

Woo peddlers seem to think that science is a religion to anybody who doesn't believe supernatural claims.

I see it more as not being woefully ignorant of how science actually works and not being so extremely gullible.

This is such a key point, striving to be a woo thinker is putting oneself at risk for charlatans. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I can see him being both a target and seeking targets, if I'm honest.

After all the cases Ive seen presented, and the refutation of them, and the hatred for scientific explanation makes me think

Nobody is actually that stupid. Has to be on purpose.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

After all the cases Ive seen presented, and the refutation of them, and the hatred for scientific explanation makes me think

Nobody is actually that stupid. Has to be on purpose.

I feel the same way every time I read the comments section on a COVID-19 YouTube video. As much as it pains me to say, I really do think some people are that stupid.

Not to derail too much, but I have a long-time friend who, in spite of mountains of evidence and in-depth refutation, STILL believes that COVID 19 is a "flu virus"... was convinced that Trump was going to be president for a second term even though he lost. Today he even argued with me that Biden actually isn't the president. It pains me to say this but I think I'm gonna do a slow fade on him, 'cause it's just too much. I can't surround myself with that kinda crap--it just doesn't align with my soul.

I've seen some ****, man.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Ive witnessed every one of those on these boards Papa. Do you have memory problems?

My memory is still sharp. You might have biased and wrong interpretations of past events.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I feel the same way every time I read the comments section on a COVID-19 YouTube video. As much as it pains me to say, I really do think some people are that stupid.

Not to derail too much, but I have a long-time friend who, in spite of mountains of evidence and in-depth refutation, STILL believes that COVID 19 is a "flu virus"... was convinced that Trump was going to be president for a second term even though he lost. Today he even argued with me that Biden actually isn't the president. It pains me to say this but I think I'm gonna do a slow fade on him, 'cause it's just too much. I can't surround myself with that kinda crap--it just doesn't align with my soul.

I've seen some ****, man.

Well, I suppose I have met a flat earther in real life....... But I make a conscious effort to avoid gatherings he may attend. 

Does he have many friends? I'd think most people would do their best to avoid crazy people. 

That's why I thought shock value was a reason these people might promote such garbage, because nobody wants to hang out with them in real life. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

My memory is still sharp. You might have biased and wrong interpretations of past events.

Obviously it's not as sharp as you think. Ive pointed out said examples as they happen. Welching on the bet was when I realised you have no intention of being forthright and honest in any discussion.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Define quantum entanglement--in your own words, no cut-and-paste. If you can't do that, you're just dropping big words.

in my experience there is a network of instantaneous  communication and limited transport  across our galaxy Thus your mind  can connect to the mind of a being in the centre o f the galaxy and BE in their body with them They can do the same with us.

If you  actually want to take your consciousness there it requires a little bit of travel time in the first instance  but then the communication is instant    

The transport/communication hub/node is just outside the solar system so tha t only those with some skill training or who are chosen to be linked to the cosmic consciousness   can access it 

However any human has the potential to do these things ) "Mind melding"  projection of consciousness, accessing the cosmic consciousness ) within the precincts of the solar system, and quite a few do. 

23 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker 

i do not think I am god I am inclined that the ability to think is god 

jmccr8

But you are your abilty to think, and thus you are a god  :) ie without your abilty to think you would not have an identify, or be you .

It is a bit peculiar  but IMO  you are very close to one of the "universal truths," and have discovered it for yourself .

It is consciousness/ awareness which defines us and links us into one being with separate bodies but a linked consciousness 

As you know, my name for "god" is the universal or cosmic  consciousness  ie a universal  abilty to think, not just separately but together with others 

22 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

So then do you understand why I do not need an "entity" human like or alien then?

jmccr8

if i understand you, your entity is your self  aware consciousness That is also true for me but my entity exhibits more than just tha t ; just as you exhibit MORE than just your self  aware consciousness 

21 hours ago, eight bits said:

I would say what happened. If the commission then wished to have, in addition to the objective facts, my interpretation of the religious significance of those events (as well they might if I held a youth leadership position in the local SDA church), then they could ask about that and I would answer.

But based on the direct quotes in the article, having raised the point that fortunate circumstances were fundamental to your wife's survival, it would be natural enough to add "... and even then, it was a lucky break that our radio worked just long enough that I heard the newly revised official warning which told me that the fire had changed course and was headed our way."

There is no earthly reason why I would have had the slightest reluctance to testify that way, if that was what happened.

Yes, that comes through in what is quoted: your wife's survival ought not to have depended on a quirky combination of circumstances. The radio business continues that theme nicely. There's simply no problem with your testifying in a way that would dramatically reinforce the point you were obviously making.

On a different matter:

Chrisitans generally define their faith as seeing a human being (Jesus of Galilee) as God ("the Son" in the Trinity). Now, some Christians see that same human being as having been an angel (Michael) instead of God ... for example, Seventh Day Adventists.

But you know that better than I do. You have lots of experience teaching it to young people.

No (IMO)  you wouldn't if it was real to you.

I learned tha t as a teenager 

It is easy to say you would tell the commissioner you only survived because god warned you and you were protected by its presence.

But No i dont think you  would actually do so knowing tha t it would be widely reported (and still available online  16 years later ) :) 

And i never held a position in the SDA church 

And this was in 2004 when i was no longer attending anychrcahnad hadnt for 20 yeras or so

Plus its irrelevant in a secular inquiry   

Might the commissioner have made a recommendation tha t everyone in isolated areas tune it god during an emergency and get help from  it :) 

Rather my suggestion was adopted ( that people be contacted by phone when a bushfire was in their area) 

(phones were more robust and survived longer than  electricity  but even the y failed eventually so the warnings had to be given early 

You might honestly believe you would testify to gods warning But given a past experience with people of over 30 years and observing their reactions to such claims i doubt tha t you would have.

Again its easy to say when you are NOT actually connected to, and protected by, god. 

For example many people would have become angry at me and asked me why we survived when their loved ones died  (i have no answer to that question except tha t "god"  spoke to me and I listened and took notice of what he said ) 

Indeed  I have pondered many times why god used the radio.

He had already spoken to me 

My best guess is that the radio gave a clear and authoritative warning to my wife.

I didnt have to talk to her and persuade her She was up and ready to go in a minute 

we missed dying in the explosion  of our house by only a few minutes.

Any delay  then, might have been critical.

The radio prompted my wife to move quickly (so quickly that she left her glasses jewellery etc behind, but grabbed our cat :) 

Most Christians as i understand it, see christ as originally being part of the trinity in heaven He was the word or creative force of god  

the CATHOLIC catechism says that christ was the word before he became man The word is the creative force of god as outlined in genesis 

https://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a3p1.htm

It goes on to say that christ is BOTH god and man 

Iam at a disadvantage not being raised christian but a t an advantage having studied with half a dozen different church's  groups to understand their theologies, and having taught comparative religious studies for many years 

Christ gave up his god hood to become man.

Ive read some who believe he remains man, as part of his sacrifice, but the bibles pretty clear that he returned to  heaven not as a man but as his original form  (and even  you  argue that it  was THIS form that  Saul  encountered (a celestial being, to use your words) 

The question  of Michael's identity is an open one, both to Adventists, and to most  Christians 

While catholic doctrine does not see him as god, he is the closest entity TO god.

His name means "who is like god" 

He is recognised as the only archangel referenced in the bible  Archangel means princely messenger ( another name for Christ) 

In catholic doctrine, it is he who weighs people's souls on the day of judgment To non Catholics that is god's role and god's alone   and if it is Michael doing it, then he is god/Christ 

Edited by Mr Walker

20 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's older than that. Einstein referred to such quantum phenomena as spooky action at a distance. It always amuses me how the mystical  and the religious will cherry-pick science for a fact or two to cling to, to bolster their personal delusions and outrageous assumptions. 

Yep i know about Einstein He was bit early to get the knowldge of theoretical (quantum )physics required to understand this.  Hence he called it spooky action a t a distance  because, while it could be observed it couldn't then  be explained 

You might be right about cherry picking.

My point was just that  when we observe  something inexplicable, it always  has a natural/scientific cause or explanation.

A lot of what i have observed COULD be explained through quantum physics,  but it might be the result of an even more advanced technology that i haven't got a clue about. (However it is not magical or miraculous. I don't believe such things exist. IMO  ALL real things fit in a natural or constructed context, and relationship, with other things   )

16 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

But you are your abilty to think, and thus you are a god  :) ie without your abilty to think you would not have an identify, or be you .

It is a bit peculiar  but IMO  you are very close to one of the "universal truths," and have discovered it for yourself .

It is consciousness/ awareness which defines us and links us into one being with separate bodies but a linked consciousness 

As you know, my name for "god" is the universal or cosmic  consciousness  ie a universal  abilty to think, not just separately but together with others 

Hi Walker

My(most peoples) body could exist quite adequately with animal instinct alone so I see my body as an extension and it's uses of my ability to think, I have to think about many different aspects of my work and my thinking process lays out them to use my body, cost and time efficiently so I have trained my body to do tricks for treats.:D

Is it really universal no bod has gotten that far off the planet yet and there is no physical evidence of aliens getting here so for now anything outside of the stratosphere is pretty subjective. That is not to say aliens do not exist but why they think the exist would be interesting maybe ask your alien and get back to me on that PM is fine.:tu:

What I do know is that I see other people do what they do very well and they all think so can see god in them because of that it's not a religion it's just the way I live my life so it does not matter to me if there are others that think as I do, I don't live others lives I live mine.:D

jmccr8

17 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Given your love of sci-fi, you like I might remember the posters and previews for the movie 'Alien' in 1979 before it came out.  Before you saw the movie, you really were wondering if the movie was going to be about a god?

Mine says you are from a foreign country or nation.  What country is your alien god from?

You could but the first would be dumb, and the second is your usual tour through different definitions of words that are irrelevant to what the context.  When you say you believe in an alien god, you don't mean 'alien' in this same general way as 'men are alien to women', English teacher.

What we 'know' about gods isn't really relevant, since we don't know anything about them.  The characteristics that are proposed for a god define that concept, what those characteristics actually are if we actually discover a god is a separate question.  I see my earlier extremely basic analogies pointing out the difference between 'Bigfeet are defined as tall hairy humanoids' and 'sightings of Bigfeet are actually sightings of black bears' flew over your head.

working backwards 

Those who live with gods can observe them and analyse their nature, behaviours, motivations etc

A scholar can do the same with any god construct  

And we can do the same with/for dragons even though they  dont exist)  I bet you KNOW enough about a dragon to identify one in a movie . 

Language is complex and i think it is you who doesn't get the many uses and meanings of alien

When we talk about  "intelligent" species we only know of one from earth. (human)

Gods are self  aware, self  directed beings.

If they originate on earth the y are not alien to earth, although we might still find them alien in nature  to.us 

Hypothetically.

Take the god of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, and assume it is real  

Is it from  earth or not ?

if not, then it is  an alien,  intelligent being  

It is as simple as that 

14 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Hey, now... he even verified with his wife that he was never part of the SDA as a pathfinder.

IDK about you but that's a pretty convincing argument. :rolleyes:

I dont care. I know what is true and what is not.

it is strange how so many wont accept evidences from  online which contradict what they believe yet accept  evidences uncritically when the y support a pov :)  If tha t had been a wedding notice for Christ, i bet most people here wouldn't have  just accepted it as being true /correct  :) 

The only person /source  i had to check my memory against  was my wife This was supposed to have occurred in1976  

Heck that's a longer period of time than between Christ's death and the writing of the first gospel :)   

Cant be relied upon for truth/accuracy  then, can it :)  

45 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

if i understand you, your entity is your self  aware consciousness That is also true for me but my entity exhibits more than just tha t ; just as you exhibit MORE than just your self  aware consciousness 

Hi Walker

When I use the term(label) god it is solely used to describe an ability to be used not thoughts because most of what goes on with your body does not require thought after it has been trained so it is subconscious that is aware until someone needs to think about it consciously I am unaware of myself at times like when focused on somethings even if it is to distract my thinking process to relax and reboot. The ability to think does not give common directions, we all have different jobs, interests, hobbies so it is not universal in that it promises anything to an entity because one does not exist they have to promise to themselves.

jmccr8

13 hours ago, Sherapy said:

The 4 year old you describe is not noted for being able to distinguish the difference between actuality and make believe, which is typical of this age. 

Your memories of yourself support this. 

Typically around 5 this begins to change, for example: Santa is no longer real, the tooth fairy is really mom and dad, your favorite cartoon character isn’t really real etc. etc.

And yet it is verified that i was reading non picture books and understanding their content while still 3 years old 

You are imposing what you believe about children's development (and might be true for some) onto my own 

Indeed my memories include visualising vivid imaginary beings But the y also include a successful struggle to eliminate  those from  my mind 

My mother had records of the time i was 5 and was beaten up in the play ground (sand pit actually)  for talking about how i lucid dreamed, built my own dream scapes,  and flew, and explored my home, in my dreams. It scared the other children (perhaps understandable to me  now, but then i thought every one could, and did, dream and project their consciousness like this ) 

This was not imagined. it was recorded 

When my mother passed and we cleaned out her home i found the stories i had written and illustrated   for my little brother when  i was about   6

3 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

When I use the term(label) god it is solely used to describe an ability to be used not thoughts because most of what goes on with your body does not require thought after it has been trained so it is subconscious that is aware until someone needs to think about it consciously I am unaware of myself at times like when focused on somethings even if it is to distract my thinking process to relax and reboot. The ability to think does not give common directions, we all have different jobs, interests, hobbies so it is not universal in that it promises anything to an entity because one does not exist they have to promise to themselves.

jmccr8

Sorry but i dont get this.

Most of what you are saying  is unfamiliar to me 

Eg I never have any time when i am not consciously thinking (i do so even when dreaming ) Of course when completely unconscious  i might stop thinking, but i dont know that because later i cant access the memories from  that period of time   :) And i never have undirected, uncontrolled or spontaneous thoughts.  I dont even understand  how that is possible (however I do know that, unless experiences   are consciously transferred to memory   storage (first short term and then long term)   one might not REMEMBER thinking,  while one was doing something 

i only have the thoughts i direct my mind to think   To me, one CANNOT have any other form of thought, because thinking is language and thus must be constructed, and that takes  conscious intent 

Plus of course, for me, there is no hidden subconscious.

I access my subconscious as readily as my conscious  Which is how /why i choose, shape and control my dreams 

How do you have a subconscious thought without becoming aware that you had it, and thus it being part of your conscious thinking ? 

45 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Yep i know about Einstein He was bit early to get the knowldge of theoretical (quantum )physics required to understand this.  Hence he called it spooky action a t a distance  because, while it could be observed it couldn't then  be explained 

You might be right about cherry picking.

My point was just that  when we observe  something inexplicable, it always  has a natural/scientific cause or explanation.

A lot of what i have observed COULD be explained through quantum physics,  but it might be the result of an even more advanced technology that i haven't got a clue about. (However it is not magical or miraculous. I don't believe such things exist. IMO  ALL real things fit in a natural or constructed context, and relationship, with other things   )

Yeah, all REAL things.

• Thanks 3

• The topic was locked