Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are all gods aliens?

jmccr8

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I remember back when MW argued like this that his dog was the eye witness to the light beam who took away his nicotine addiction. This then morphed to he had eye witnesses, but they are no longer alive. 

I find it interesting how he claims that he has "nothing to prove" yet issues long-winded responses like a man who does.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Sherapy said:

Great post, That MW emphasized and claimed not feeling traumatized or have any emotions over such a loss of community members that “I knew my whole life” while at the same time not wanting to lord over anyone that they had SDA box seats, hence (in essence suspending the need to proclaim we are so special to be saved by god), while others perished is survivors guilt (rationalizing). I concur this could be read as he is projecting his repressed emotions, not that he doesn’t have them. 

The nature of defense mechanisms ( unless you have had lots of therapy or training) is that while they are hidden from our own view, DM’s are observable to others, 

Just my two cents.

And worth even less than that .

I dont respond to things as you do 

You had a traumatic childhood.

I did not.

You were  raised to respond emotionally.

I was raised to respond rationally 

My childhood was filed with love and the time and effort of others to care for me teach me and strengthen me  In large part yours was not.  Where i was built up you were often pulled down 

All this is from  your own posts here about your younger years 

You have  done a good job overcoming that childhood, in large part due to your grandmothers love, but it is still there deep inside you ,as is my own childhood 

I am not emotionless, but I choose emotional  responses  which are productive and constructive to me and to others 

My wife was much the same as me, although she was very scared as the fire was about to hit.

She has never cried or shown any response that others might see as normal or necessary but that is normal for her, and thus quite healthy. We simply were NOT traumatised as others were 

However for years afterwards she needed to know where i was, and be in contact with me (I think because she knew  that if i had not been home that  day she would have died )

She was the one who always wanted to live on a farm, and she spent a lot of time and effort on the house, animals and garden, while i was teaching She felt the loss of her home more than i felt the loss of our house 

Of course ive thought through the analysis you presented along with many others

It is simply false 

It is how YOU think and respond, not how i do 

32 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I find it interesting how he claims that he has "nothing to prove" yet issues long-winded responses like a man who does.

True 

when questioned i try to explain.

its part of my nature both personally and by profession

However i noted tha t since Friday night i have spent over 6 hours responding to this thread mostly to people who choose not to believe my responses 

So I am going to take a break for a while.

Too many other fun things and responsibilities in real life to waste time in totally non productive discussions 

Please feel free to take up any of the suggestions i made, and until you can prove i have said anything untrue, don't claim that i have.

You will only end up embarrassing yourself, like another poster did, who claimed a whale had NEVER been trapped in tuna pens in Boston Bay  and that i was lying about it   ever happening 

I could look out our window and see the council office in Lincoln so I KNOW we could be seen from there Sure there have been Norfolk island Pine  trees on the foreshore for many years (they are only slightly younger than I am but their shape and spacing mkes it quite possible to see through  them (but as i said i dont KNOW where Peter was speaking from.  It is logical that, as the mayor, on such a day he would be in his office in the council chambers,  both receiving information and speaking with media from  all over Australia  (He already had a high media profile) 

Port Lincoln Council to review car parks in CBD, foreshore | The Advertiser

Here is a quite recent photo of the foreshore .As you can see there are gaps between the trees, especially at the second story level where a view to the north is available 

Edited by Mr Walker

39 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

And worth even less than that .

I dont respond to things as you do 

You had a traumatic childhood.

I did not.

You were  raised to respond emotionally.

I was raised to respond rationally 

My childhood was filed with love and the time and effort of others to care for me teach me and strengthen me  In large part yours was not.  Where i was built up you were often pulled down 

All this is from  your own posts here about your younger years 

You have  done a good job overcoming that childhood, in large part due to your grandmothers love, but it is still there deep inside you ,as is my own childhood 

I am not emotionless, but I choose emotional  responses  which are productive and constructive to me and to others 

My wife was much the same as me, although she was very scared as the fire was about to hit.

She has never cried or shown any response that others might see as normal or necessary but that is normal for her, and thus quite healthy. We simply were NOT traumatised as others were 

However for years afterwards she needed to know where i was, and be in contact with me (I think because she knew  that if i had not been home that  day she would have died )

She was the one who always wanted to live on a farm, and she spent a lot of time and effort on the house, animals and garden, while i was teaching She felt the loss of her home more than i felt the loss of our house 

Of course ive thought through the analysis you presented along with many others

It is simply false 

It is how YOU think and respond, not how i do 

Well, your wife is is not you, she has her own autonomy and right to dignity and she does have deep emotions. Think back to the circumstances you met under, her fiancé had died. You said she was crying on the swing.

Lots of women do not share their feelings with their husbands, not that they do not have them.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

I do hope Mr Walker doesn't fall under a bus or encounter some other serious misadventure that prevents him posting, as the tragics of the "team" will have no-one to take their insecurities out on ! Seriously, what was that word I used to describe the situation ? I think it was cathexis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You will only end up embarrassing yourself, like another poster did, who claimed a whale had NEVER been trapped in tuna pens in Boston Bay  and that i was lying about it   ever happening 

Was it Chuck? He goes into plenty of details re the situation. Apparently there are two different recollections of the event in question. 

He also apologised to our esteemed friend @Habitat

That was a thread for the ages. Needs to be saved in some kind of an archive.  A real treat.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Habitat said:

cathexis.

It sure is entertaining and I'm certain Mr Walker will agree :lol:

19 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Well, your wife is is not you, she has her own autonomy and right to dignity and she does have deep emotions. Think back to the circumstances you met under, her fiancé had died. You said she was crying on the swing.

Lots of women do not share their feelings with their husbands, not that they do not have them. Some husbands are clueless.

I gave a long response to this outlining my wifes life history  but  pushed the wrong button somehow and lost it  Maybe that was for the best . 

You are wrong and insult my wife, and her strength and independence

Was a tomboy with the nickname Jack Spratt as a young girl 

Left home aged 15.

worked to support her college schooling from 15 to 17 

worked in 3 capital cities Perth Sydney and Melbourne   while living alone without family or  close friends  and still a young woman  

loved an older man who died in her arms from a heart attack   not long before i met her  (but dont worry i didn't grab her on the rebound or in grief  :)  I waited 5 years, wooing her and getting to know each other  

Came home and was invited to my 21st where i met her  She was by then 29

Chose her own path as a married woman and is an equal partner in our marriage  

I am more emotional than she is although for different reasons   and in a different way  (I think she represses  some emotions having been hurt by them in her past)

SHe doesn't like emotional gestures, only practical ones  eg I used to bring her flowers or chocolate and  she asked for a new floor rug  or similar Before she let me buy her an engagement ring  Beautiful south American emerald about a quarter inch square  which she lost while gardening :)  I had to  buy a  dishwasher 

I cry in movies She never does 

We have both wept together at the loss of dearly loved ones  

Part of the reason i fell in love with her at first sight was because she was sitting on our swing under a pepper tree softly crying a the loss of her first ove 

I thought she needed a protector comforter and someone to love her completely.  I was only part right She had no need of protection of any form but, like all of us, had a need to be loved  and someone  to love 

22 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Was it Chuck? He goes into plenty of details re the situation. Apparently there are two different recollections of the event in question. 

He also apologised to our esteemed friend @Habitat

That was a thread for the ages. Needs to be saved in some kind of an archive.  A real treat.

two difernt /alternative versions, both of which could be correct,  depending on physical perspective of the event 

BUT the event happened and i was NOT lying as was categorically  claimed  Chrlz said no such event had ever occurred.  He was wrong 

Just now, Mr Walker said:

two difernt /alternative versions, both of which could be correct,  depending on physical perspective of the event 

BUT the event happened and i was NOT lying as was categorically  claimed  Chrlz said no such event had ever occurred.  He was wrong 

Thought you were taking a break? Can't resist, can you?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Will Do said:

It sure is entertaining and I'm certain Mr Walker will agree :lol:

Entertaining but very time consuming and really i have better things to do with my time :) it is 41 degrees  C outside today so not too much else to do. Normally id be running the dogs about now  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Thought you were taking a break? Can't resist, can you?

True  :) see post above, but i'm off now.

Got my wife breakfast.  Have to pick my sister in law up at 3pm from Tumby (40ks away) and will sit in front of the air conditioner, reading or watching a movie until then(now 11.30 am)Oh but do have to go to the supermarket to get stuff for tea  before it closes at1pm 

Interesting that Nuclear Weasel now appears to be "the leader of the pack" !

Just now, Habitat said:

Interesting that Nuclear Weasel now appears to be "the leader of the pack" !

Uh wha?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Uh wha?

Do not take the bait NW.  I see Habitat is back trolling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

Do not take the bait NW.  I see Habitat is back trolling. 

I figured as much.

• Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I gave a long response to this outlining my wifes life history  but  pushed the wrong button somehow and lost it  Maybe that was for the best . 

You are wrong and insult my wife, and her strength and independence

Was a tomboy with the nickname Jack Spratt as a young girl 

Left home aged 15.

worked to support her college schooling from 15 to 17 

worked in 3 capital cities Perth Sydney and Melbourne   while living alone without family or  close friends  and still a young woman  

loved an older man who died in her arms from a heart attack   not long before i met her  (but dont worry i didn't grab her on the rebound or in grief  :)  I waited 5 years, wooing her and getting to know each other  

Came home and was invited to my 21st where i met her  She was by then 29

Chose her own path as a married woman and is an equal partner in our marriage  

I am more emotional than she is although for different reasons   and in a different way  (I think she represses  some emotions having been hurt by them in her past)

SHe doesn't like emotional gestures, only practical ones  eg I used to bring her flowers or chocolate and  she asked for a new floor rug  or similar Before she let me buy her an engagement ring  Beautiful south American emerald about a quarter inch square  which she lost while gardening :)  I had to  buy a  dishwasher 

I cry in movies She never does 

We have both wept together at the loss of dearly loved ones  

Part of the reason i fell in love with her at first sight was because she was sitting on our swing under a pepper tree softly crying a the loss of her first ove 

I thought she needed a protector comforter and someone to love her completely.  I was only part right She had no need of protection of any form but, like all of us, had a need to be loved  and someone  to love 

Indeed, you are a lucky man to have had her by your side all these years. Take care of her. 

• Like 3

Have we established the bona fides of Mr Walker's whale yet ? Or is still suspect of being a figment of his imagination, or a giant plastic inflatable ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Have we established the bona fides of Mr Walker's whale yet ? Or is still suspect of being a figment of his imagination, or a giant plastic inflatable ?

49 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

• Like 2

How does that answer my question, seriously a bunch of people still trying to disprove that whale story, when I confirmed it with locals who would know, just pathetic !

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

How does that answer my question, seriously a bunch of people still trying to disprove that whale story, when I confirmed it with locals who would know, just pathetic !

Do you have anything useful to add?

• Like 1

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

I sure do, CATHEXSIS, look up the meaning of it

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Think 'old worn sock'

~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3