Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
jmccr8

Are all gods aliens?

339 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Mr Walker
11 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Your arguments are just not compelling, bud. Sorry.

Re you being a pathfinder, I'm convinced of that, Sherapy is convinced of that, onlooker is convinced of that, eight bits is convinced of that, etc. 

If we're incorrect, we're incorrect. It happens.

It's my opinion that you were a pathfinder. If it's wrong, so be it--I am just going based off of the evidence that has been provided.

You are unable to convince me of otherwise. The only way that I could be convinced of otherwise is if the person of contact for the SDA in Whyalla had responded with an email claiming "There is no record of this person ever having held the position indicated in the church."

I also verified your claims of being a counsellor. Just saying.

Now that we're on that topic: What institution provided you with the certification for being a fully qualified counsellor?

I'm interested in your response and comparing it against information that I have.

 As it happens :) 

What you choose to believe is down to your own biases and prejudices and what you need to believe  to have a comfortable world view 

What is true is unaffected by all those things :) 

The  South Australian Education dept.  

I won  it (the role of school counsellor  against other applicants  in a job application which involved a panel interview after selection via written application, I needed a verified CV and 3 referees 

It gave me a considerable pay increase and a lot more responsibilities.

 Counselling was not just for students but for staff and community members,

  I also had to write and supervise programs like resilience training ani bullying and mandatory reporting for both teachers and students.  

My role was to help in all ways i could and to pass on issues which required psychological/psychiatric  help or involved suspected child abuse  

Incidentally I was also a fully trained OHS representative for the school for a decade,  which involved assessing and reporting and ensuring the fixing of any physical or  psychological dangers on the school grounds  I also wrote successful applications for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of buildings playgrounds  etc  That included drawing up designs/plans and justifying the need for the new structures, or modifications to existing ones 

I helped write school policies and make pamphlets for many areas of school life  

I contributed to the states new teaching and discipline polices via a submission based on extensive interviews with every student a t our school and what the y wanted frorn discipline and methodologies  based on the different needs of boys and girls  and i was one of two school reps on the district council planning for the future (the other was the principal ) I gave it the name it had at he t time (TARGET 2000)

I was school and regional trade union rep for some years.

 I spent decades on school governing council including as minute secretary  and i ran the tea and coffee  gift  fund for many decades :) 

While you are checking up on my qualifications check those  out as well :) 

The source below is one ive given before.

It outlines the nature and role of a school counsellor in a school of similar size and nature to mine. 

The qualifications I had to win the job  included 3 years of psychology and a lot of inservicing in the area from  professional psychologists like  Michael Carr -Gregg   But the most important  qualification was the respect and  trust in me by all the community, including children parents and other staff. 

http://www.keithas.sa.edu.au/pages/school-information/student-wellbeing.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperionxvii

Were all the gods aliens? It's a good question. As an agnostic, I have often pondered this. We just do not know enough about the nature of reality or the history of everything to answer this. So, this remains an unanswered question. We just do not know enough. Do Gods exist? Where'd we dream up such a notion? If they do, who are they? Where'd they come from? We're still barely more hairless apes with cellular communication devices driving around in 6000 lb steel death machines. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
4 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Were all the gods aliens? It's a good question. As an agnostic, I have often pondered this. We just do not know enough about the nature of reality or the history of everything to answer this. So, this remains an unanswered question. We just do not know enough. Do Gods exist? Where'd we dream up such a notion? If they do, who are they? Where'd they come from? We're still barely more hairless apes with cellular communication devices driving around in 6000 lb steel death machines. 

I think of god/s as being ideas. Human concepts that might represents something. Whatever that somethings is. As for an actual god, no idea. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperionxvii
7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think of god/s as being ideas. Human concepts that might represents something. Whatever that somethings is. As for an actual god, no idea. 

Could be. Might be our ultimate desire ourselves to become Gods and achieve immortality and limitless power. Seems to be a common theme throughout recorded history. Makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
14 hours ago, eight bits said:

Let's not get confused here. You didn't tell the committee, therefore you wouldn't, but your question was what somebody else would do in your place.Your question was posed to another member, and I did jump in. However, the situation was just so familiar to me from the historical-mythical Jesus controversy:

An intrepid scholar ( @Nuclear Wessel ) discovers a new manuscript with the earliest extant version of an important sacred story (The Miracle of the Flames). And as so often happens, this early version is different from the later more familiar versions. In this case, an important element is missing, The Kitchen Radio from Heaven.

Thus, the question arises: why is the missing element not there? Could it have been a later embellishment of the original story? In the Bible Studies trade, the affirmative case for that has a name: argument from silence. Those come up so often, there's an established drill for dealing with them, focused on would we expect to find the element in this version of the story if it were already part of the story? Only if we'd expect to find what's missing would we be justified in thinking the element was a later embellishment.

Well, it is a news report of what the Prophet Walker said, not the Prophet speaking to us directly. Maybe the reporter was so overwhelmed by the miracle which he or she did report (that the Prophet was home for the holidays) that the radio didn't measure up. That could have been quite a debate, but we caught a break: there is independent evidence that the radio really was omitted from the sermon in question.

However, the same source tells us that at about the same time, there was an oral tradition that did have that element. That is, the Prophet had supposedly shared a different version of the event with friends and disciples. This could be, compare the Miracle of the Talking Pillar, where the Prophet similarly told a "sanitized" version of events to those whose ears were not worthy of the truth. But as we learn from HJ-MJ, there's always a convenient oral tradition to bridge any gaps that might open up. It's difficult (for me anyway) to overrule written evidence with unattested oral traditions that leave no trace of themselves.

OK, then. You claim directly that the Prophet wouldn't have shared this incident with unenlightened parliamentarians, lest they think less of him (again, compare the Talking Pillar where it was his parents who would have thought less of him).

And that's where we are. It's perfectly obvious you were arguing to the committeee that you and your wife shouldn't have needed to rely on luck to survive, but that was your predicament. Well, the radio fits that argument hand-in-glove, just the observed and uninterpreted facts of the incident would have served your case perfectly.

So, yes, we would expect the radio miracle to have been included at that time, if the story were available to you back then. It is reasonable for the intrepid scholar to propose, and for other scholars to agree, that The Kitchen Radio from Heaven may well be a later addition to the probably historical Miracle of the Flames.

 

On a neat thing that arose in passing:

That's a projection of what's called suvivors' guilt.

That you can type a sentence like that and not realize what you're saying, and this is not the first time, is why people discount all that talk about how well trained you are in psychology, and how helpful your counseling has been to the generations.

And finally, a less neat thing

You don't seem to realize that going on and on about the minutiae of SDA christology and theology does nothing to defeat the (obvious) conclusion that you're SDA to the marrow of your bones.

I was very well aware of survivors guilt and also general PTSD 

Thats one reason WHY I didnt announce to the general public  that we survived due to "gods"  protection 

i wasn't guilty about surviving (What did ihave to feel guilty about) ? Some people suffered trauma which was unresolved a decade later. Neither of us suffered any a t all 

but I was sensitive to the many losses suffered by others  I'd spoken with dozens of them , both in recovery centres and at the commission 

I do not believe tha t anyone in my place and with my background would say "Oh i am sorry all those other people died but we  were protected by god and so survived "

This had been my community all my life and i knew most of  the people who died or lost their homes 

However its possible some people might have such a callous disregard for the feelings of others.

  I dont know about other stories. Mine is as true and as accurate as i can make it, and i told it from  the time it happened to family and friends 

I was arguing to  the committee that the relevant authorities needed to put in plans and laws, both to prepare for such a disaster and to respond to it as it unfolded.

ALL the recommendations were implemented and have since saved many lives and properties 

I dont see what god had to do with any of this.

It is an individual and random factor and not an instrument of the state 

Ps yep i studied the theology of the SDA and JW and LDS and Anglican and   Methodist Baptist and Lutheran beliefs though  weekly  study with groups from  each and via independent and academic studies 

I wasn't interested in Catholicism  enough to attend weekly study groups with them but i did do a lot of research on it  

I alos know more than the average person about other world religions 

I am  married to a woman whose been a member of the church since she was about 10 but hasn't attended it for several decades 

So yep I made sure i knew a lot about her religious beliefs (and her family and her other likes /dislikes etc.)  

Marriage is for life  IMO and you  dont want to marry someone who is in compatible, so you get to know them and their parents to see what the y will be like in 40 years time 

Her mum was an Adventist while  her dad was an atheist. They were happily married for  40 years when my wife and i married (and stayed married for a total of over 70 years ) so i knew it could work 

 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xeno-Fish
2 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Could be. Might be our ultimate desire ourselves to become Gods and achieve immortality and limitless power. Seems to be a common theme throughout recorded history. Makes sense. 

Might be a reason people wish to be immortalized in some way. What better way than to make yourself a "god". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
11 hours ago, quillius said:

thanks for your answers Mr W.

I do wonder how the radio report of:

was reported on the radio within seconds of it happening? especially when the area is surrounded by dense fire and smoke.........hmmm

how did they see this and feed back to the station so quickly?

maybe they also had a heavens radio to hand reporting in real time?

when a house explodes it is visible through heavy smoke 

 

The mayor was on the ABC commenting on the fire via landline phone   He was in Port Lincoln looking north  when he observed our house explode and commented immediately. We heard it on the car radio as he did so  We could see the foreshore of Lincoln from our house so it was visible line of sight from  the foreshore where the council offices are located   (on an upper floor with a balcony ) 

Idont know where the mayor was, but he had a good view 

I am not sure why you  find this questionable 

I later did some  interviews  with the  ABC on radio and television  and one extended one on the national TV program, Sunrise  from  an outside broadcast unit the y had set up at a friends house in North Shields 

Some of this may (or may not)  still be searchable online but hundreds if not thousands of people could confirm it   Half of South Australia was probably   listening to the ABC reporting that afternoon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
11 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I'll give you a hint:

They didn't

answered above   As you  like checking these things, ask the ABC  about their reporting on that afternoon    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
25 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I dont see what god had to do with any of this.

Hi Walker

Petty sure most of us have asked the same question but in answer to your question it is because you said god saved you and your wife although I do have to wonder why your entity did not take a more active part in saving others not as fortunate as you.

jmccr8

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
11 hours ago, quillius said:

:)

I guess what I am really unsure about is whether Mr W really believes this happened. 

my money, to be frank, would be on he knows exactly what he is saying and the total fantasy or exaggerations are put forth on purpose for entertainment.

The reason I lean towards him knowing what he is saying are little snippets such as :

ie he states the name of game he was playing, an irrelevant piece of information that is only added to try and make things more believable. Then the ending of 'using battery power' ......this is an attempt to try and second guess the angles of questioning and trying to cover the obvious hole the story would leave if he didn't clarify he was using battery power. 

This is quite common, whilst attempting to convey a 'true' story the small details added actually have an opposite effect to those intended and expose many things.

but hey what do I know.....that's just the way I see this. Maybe Mr W is a real life 'Forest Gump'......who would have believed his stories, right? :)

You are right and wrong 

Playing  the  game was significant. I became immersed in it and hadn't noticed tha t smoke was increasing and the wind direction had changed The temp outside was over 100 F  but i thought the front had burned into the sea.

I will never forget what game i was playing because of the role it played in distracting me  and the context of it  Being in my lap top it was also the only game i had left after losing hundreds of game console and computer  games in the  fire  A couple of nice young lads  I taught ( one of whom went on to be a contender for Australian  judo at the 2012 Olympics  and 2014 commonwealth games  and is now a professional wrester :)  offered me their consoles and games but we were well insured .  )

(you think that is an extraneous detail designed to make the story more  interesting  or believable ? :) 

No it is again simple truth  His name is Jake Andrewartha , and you can google him  

But yes, i was forestalling questions  (which have been asked before)  like how i could be playing on a computer when there was no power.

It was an early model laptop (about 1999 vintage )  but it ran for several hours or more on a single charge

One ironic thing was that i grabbed the computer from  the table but forgot to pick up the charger /adaptor ) 

and thus your attempt to psychologically  profile my story is an abject failure. Try being more believing of honest people  :) 

It  is all true  (indeed why lie?  It is a matter of public record who I am, and that our house did burn in the bushfire) 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
7 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

You are right and wrong 

one can not be right & also wrong. It's either one or the other! When individuals reply with these words, to me, means deep down they know they are wrong due to good words thrown at them & then put forward nonsensical BS in an attempt at covering their ar+e. Really quite fascinating

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
11 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

What got me was:

Lmao, what ridiculousness. Seriously made me cringe. Straight out of an episode of The Whimsical Life of Walker.

google it His name was Peter Davis. He was being interviewed on ABC radio  about the fire, at the time he saw our house explode and commented on what he saw  

Sorry but this is what my life is like at times.  Fortunately  it is general not quite that   eventful but it has its moments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

google it His name was Peter Davis. He was being interviewed on ABC radio  about the fire, at the time he saw our house explode and commented on what he saw  

Sorry but this is what my life is like at times.  Fortunately  it is general not quite that   eventful but it has its moments

Hi Walker

What will you do when you can't google as it seems that google is talking about not serving Australia? 

jmccr8

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
8 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

one can not be right & also wrong. It's either one or the other! When individuals reply with these words, to me, means deep down they know they are wrong due to good words thrown at them & then put forward nonsensical BS in an attempt at covering their ar+e. Really quite fascinating

nup He is right about why i explained  the computer was running on battery power (I've had to explain that several times over the years, so knew a question was likely ) but he is wrong about any of it being untrue or made up or that i was deliberately putting in details to make it seem more realistic    It is quite amusing how sceptical some people  can be  about things they've made their minds up about,. even simple things like what happened that day  

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

What will you do when you can't google as it seems that google is talking about not serving Australia? 

jmccr8

lol nearly made a side comment on that 

I will happily not use google.

Lots of other options.

  Facebook would be more of an issue but if the y stop, another will take their place 

Id like to see every country insist that google pay fair value for access to news services. 

Its time the y were taken down a peg  and their power reduced,  perhaps through anti monopoly laws  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
13 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Playing  the  game was significant. I became immersed in it and hadn't noticed tha t smoke was increasing and the wind direction had changed The temp outside was over 100 F  but i thought the front had burned into the sea.

Hi Walker

A year ago last summer we had a lot of fires up north as well as in BC and I can smell it in the air from several hundred miles away and the sun was red from the pollution for 2 weeks so if there is a active fire nearby why were you negligent and not have backup radios, batteries power packs I have one that is quite small and easy to tote that is capable of boosting cars also equipped with both USB and 110 outlets. It's just that through many of how past discussions over the years your mid is so fast calculating this that having a plan to shoot people if they break in to your house or a flying kata chop to the nose of some poor unsuspecting bloke, why is it that you were not diligent and prepared?:huh:

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
18 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

It is quite amusing how sceptical some people  can be  about things

I feel people like your good self do not really know the true logical meaning of the word sceptic or skeptic- whichever way you wish to spell it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 hour ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Were all the gods aliens? It's a good question. As an agnostic, I have often pondered this. We just do not know enough about the nature of reality or the history of everything to answer this. So, this remains an unanswered question. We just do not know enough. Do Gods exist? Where'd we dream up such a notion? If they do, who are they? Where'd they come from? We're still barely more hairless apes with cellular communication devices driving around in 6000 lb steel death machines. 

Hi Hyperion

Thanks for dropping in yes we don't know but do have a pretty good understanding about how we evolved and there is nothing that shows a need for other-worldly or supernatural influence we did it all. Mind you at some point heros and great men/women transformed then became myths and legends or sang about that some likely several people used it as a means of unifying and controlling their groups of people. If one shows up in front of the world well then I may review my position. Aliens to me are evolved are were we so no they are more like us than not and would not classify them as a god anymore than I would myself.

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
10 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Do Gods exist?

no

edit to change:

this reply is aimed at Hyperionxvii--- no idea what happened there

Edited by Dejarma
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
Just now, Dejarma said:

no

Hi Dejarma

Agreed even if I use it to describe the ability to think it really isn't a god.:tu:

jmccr8

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dejarma
4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Dejarma

Agreed even if I use it to describe the ability to think it really isn't a god.:tu:

jmccr8

 

jm.... i quoted wrong- you din't ask: 'Do Gods exist?;)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel
2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

 As it happens :) 

What you choose to believe is down to your own biases and prejudices and what you need to believe  to have a comfortable world view 

What is true is unaffected by all those things :) 

The  South Australian Education dept.  

I won  it (the role of school counsellor  against other applicants  in a job application which involved a panel interview after selection via written application, I needed a verified CV and 3 referees 

It gave me a considerable pay increase and a lot more responsibilities.

 Counselling was not just for students but for staff and community members,

  I also had to write and supervise programs like resilience training ani bullying and mandatory reporting for both teachers and students.  

My role was to help in all ways i could and to pass on issues which required psychological/psychiatric  help or involved suspected child abuse  

Incidentally I was also a fully trained OHS representative for the school for a decade,  which involved assessing and reporting and ensuring the fixing of any physical or  psychological dangers on the school grounds  I also wrote successful applications for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of buildings playgrounds  etc  That included drawing up designs/plans and justifying the need for the new structures, or modifications to existing ones 

I helped write school policies and make pamphlets for many areas of school life  

I contributed to the states new teaching and discipline polices via a submission based on extensive interviews with every student a t our school and what the y wanted frorn discipline and methodologies  based on the different needs of boys and girls  and i was one of two school reps on the district council planning for the future (the other was the principal ) I gave it the name it had at he t time (TARGET 2000)

I was school and regional trade union rep for some years.

 I spent decades on school governing council including as minute secretary  and i ran the tea and coffee  gift  fund for many decades :) 

While you are checking up on my qualifications check those  out as well :) 

The source below is one ive given before.

It outlines the nature and role of a school counsellor in a school of similar size and nature to mine. 

The qualifications I had to win the job  included 3 years of psychology and a lot of inservicing in the area from  professional psychologists like  Michael Carr -Gregg   But the most important  qualification was the respect and  trust in me by all the community, including children parents and other staff. 

http://www.keithas.sa.edu.au/pages/school-information/student-wellbeing.php

So you were fully certified by the South Australia Education Dept to be counsellor, then? That’s who certified you as being fully qualified to be a counsellor? Was there no psychological/counselling institution involved? No specific certificate/diploma issued?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuclear Wessel
3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

answered above   As you  like checking these things, ask the ABC  about their reporting on that afternoon    

If you insist. :whistle:

So if the information conflicts with what you're saying then what will your defense be?

Also, just to clarify: by what means did Peter Davis see the house being blown up? Was this footage being recorded live? By what network, if so? Just trying to leave no stones unturned in my search. :)

Approx time?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

A year ago last summer we had a lot of fires up north as well as in BC and I can smell it in the air from several hundred miles away and the sun was red from the pollution for 2 weeks so if there is a active fire nearby why were you negligent and not have backup radios, batteries power packs I have one that is quite small and easy to tote that is capable of boosting cars also equipped with both USB and 110 outlets. It's just that through many of how past discussions over the years your mid is so fast calculating this that having a plan to shoot people if they break in to your house or a flying kata chop to the nose of some poor unsuspecting bloke, why is it that you were not diligent and prepared?:huh:

jmccr8

I wasn't negligent.

Read up on this fire It was the fastest, hottest fire ever experienced in Australia and possibly in the world 

I had only had a major heart operation about 8 months before.  There was no power or water  and no way to defend against a fire which caused houses to explode when the fire front was still  a couple of hundred metres away  Our yard was clear There was a firebreak The stubble around us was only a few inches high   Indeed, while the house exploded and burned, most of our yard was unburned 

Our plan was to evacuate, being fully insured. If we had stayed to fight, then, like others who did so, we might have died 

Since this fire the directions for what to do have changed.

 

On such days people  are now  told to evacuate early and not to stay and defend,  because even well defended homes will be often be  destroyed  and lives lost 

It was the wind change which caught me out. I'd been plotting the fires path all night and morning and it had burned into the sea a t North shields   I relaxed and, without a radio, thought the danger had passed. There was one in the car but it was about 120 F inside the car    

Today in the same circumstances i might be a bit more careful but i would basically just lock up and evacuate earlier You cant defend against tha t sort of fire.

Even modern fully equipped fire units are destroyed, and their crews lost, in such fires  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.