Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are all gods aliens?

jmccr8

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

basically instantaneous communication via entangled  photons or similar  where one photon no mater how far away responds instantly to  manipulation of the other photon 

Eventually it may be used for matter transmission and communication. Presently  the Chinese are capable of this  from earth to  orbiting satellites and return 

This is old news now  2017

who knows how far they have progressed 

Quantum entanglement—physics at its strangest—has moved out of this world and into space. In a study that shows China's growing mastery of both the quantum world and space science, a team of physicists reports that it sent eerily intertwined quantum particles from a satellite to ground stations separated by 1200 kilometers, smashing the previous world record. The result is a stepping stone to ultrasecure communication networks and, eventually, a space-based quantum internet.

"It's a huge, major achievement," says Thomas Jennewein, a physicist at the University of Waterloo in Canada. "They started with this bold idea and managed to do it."

Entanglement involves putting objects in the peculiar limbo of quantum superposition, in which an object's quantum properties occupy multiple states at once: like Schrödinger's cat, dead and alive at the same time. Then those quantum states are shared among multiple objects. Physicists have entangled particles such as electrons and photons, as well as larger objects such as superconducting electric circuits.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/china-s-quantum-satellite-achieves-spooky-action-record-distance

at the moment i dont think its instantaneous or faster than light, but that is coming, as we master quantum communications and the technologies required  

Nevertheless, research continues on this subject and some physicists believe that faster-than-light communication might be possible with some intricate manipulation of entangled particles. For now, we know that the interaction between entangled quantum particles is faster than the speed of light. In fact, Chinese physicists have measured the speed. We know that quantum entanglement can be used to realize quantum teleportation experimentally. We know that entanglement has applications in the emerging technologies of quantum computing and quantum cryptography. With a fiber optic network that can carry conventional data and quantum data, a quantum internet is becoming more of a possibility. The real hurdle to overcome, though is being able to communicate data through quantum entanglement – that’s when we might be able to communicate faster than the speed of light.

https://quantumxc.com/is-quantum-communication-faster-than-the-speed-of-light/#:~:text=Although these entangled particles are,basis for the premise that

It's older than that. Einstein referred to such quantum phenomena as spooky action at a distance. It always amuses me how the mystical  and the religious will cherry-pick science for a fact or two to cling to, to bolster their personal delusions and outrageous assumptions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

As this thread came from another discussion I was not clear on what the OP was about. I am also one of those believers that aliens have been involved in human history. I think although they have higher technology but the earth and its challenges is a learning place for them and us. I think higher civilizations than exist today once existed (Atlantis for example) that crashed and forced a reboot of humanity. I think the DNA of modern humans and ancient now lost technologies came with alien assistance. 

How much of that is founded in reality?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

:lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

See the source image

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

check the definition of alien.

Given your love of sci-fi, you like I might remember the posters and previews for the movie 'Alien' in 1979 before it came out.  Before you saw the movie, you really were wondering if the movie was going to be about a god?

it has many variants, but basically means not of this area or neighbourhood or nation.

Mine says you are from a foreign country or nation.  What country is your alien god from?

so yep you could argue tha t dogs are alien to human beings, or men are alien to women

You could but the first would be dumb, and the second is your usual tour through different definitions of words that are irrelevant to what the context.  When you say you believe in an alien god, you don't mean 'alien' in this same general way as 'men are alien to women', English teacher.

Those   are characteristics we may GIVE to a being but may not apply  

What we 'know' about gods isn't really relevant, since we don't know anything about them.  The characteristics that are proposed for a god define that concept, what those characteristics actually are if we actually discover a god is a separate question.  I see my earlier extremely basic analogies pointing out the difference between 'Bigfeet are defined as tall hairy humanoids' and 'sightings of Bigfeet are actually sightings of black bears' flew over your head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

I think it is the most reasonable understanding of reality all things considered. To me reality includes those gifted with so-called psychic insight and abilities that talk of the past. And it includes higher realm sources that channel information through humans.

Edited by papageorge1

7 hours ago, eight bits said:

But you know that better than I do. You have lots of experience teaching it to young people.

Hey, now... he even verified with his wife that he was never part of the SDA as a pathfinder.

IDK about you but that's a pretty convincing argument. :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think it is the most reasonable understanding of reality all things considered.

All things considered?  You've completely ignored the most important one, the complete lack of evidence of this advanced technology.

42 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

To me reality includes those gifted with so-called psychic insight and abilities that talk of the past. And it includes higher realm sources that channel information through humans.

Rather ironic that psychics don't understand this reality let alone any higher realms.  You'd think they'd be the ones presenting new research if they had access to that kind of knowledge.

You put more weight in the empty words of charlatans than that of verifiable evidence.  I wonder if they told you to jump off a cliff you'd do it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

All things considered?  You've completely ignored the most important one, the complete lack of evidence of this advanced technology.

Rather ironic that psychics don't understand this reality let alone any higher realms.  You'd think they'd be the ones presenting new research if they had access to that kind of knowledge.

You put more weight in the empty words of charlatans than that of verifiable evidence.  I wonder if they told you to jump off a cliff you'd do it?

Who is the official judge of charlatan or not. We each are for our jurisdiction of one person. And I wouldn't jump off that cliff unless it accords with my 'all things considered' reasoning.

Much of what these sources say can no longer be physically investigated. A few things are available but are sequestered and not understood yet according to one source I respect. But I'm not sure the mods want us to go in that bickering tangent again in this thread.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Much of what these sources say can no longer be physically investigated. 

Then they are irrelevant, IMO.

A few things are available but are sequestered and not understood yet according to one source I respect.

What source?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Then they are irrelevant, IMO.

Fine, you certainly can ignore them. The better ones are relevant IMO.

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

What source?

The channeled and psychic sources referring to Atlantis can produce quite a list.

For a drop from the bucket here's something from Lee Carrol channel of Kryon. Aparently he is saying artifacts from Atlantis can be found deep underground somewhere near Mt. Maga in what in the present day is called Arkansas. Things I consider.

Question: Dear Kryon, I just read on the Internet about information Kryon talked about November 2001 in New England. Kryon gave a precise dated timeline of Atlantis, then added that indisputable evidence of Atlantis exists in Arkansas. This is not what I read in Book 9. You said artifacts. I did not know what group of people you were talking about but I thought it would be a lot more controversial since you did not elaborate. Can you elaborate?

Also: I live on the water, a lake that connects to the intra-coastal region. I've seen the birds flying in circles, the entire circumference of the lake for a long time between 2 and 3 in the morning. Unusual?

Answer: Do not make Human assumptions about the past. First, know that "Atlantis" is not just a city (although many think it is). It's a race. It's a philosophy, and it's a consciousness. Here are the simple facts. Combine these into anything you wish to call it, but don't limit it to the mythology you now call Atlantis.

There is evidence on earth of races over 10,000 years old. It exists as artifacts on this planet. Some of the ones which are closest to the surface are in Arkansas. Simple. This information doesn't target a location, since the earth changed since the original civilization was there. Instead it gives evidence…empirical evidence, that your current history is incomplete, and that you really don't have understanding of when Humanity began. Landmasses were connected, religions and races existed that you don't give credibility to, and science was developed far beyond what you might expect.

World navigation was understood, and even the concept of your solar system was known. The artifacts that may be exposed will show this. Some have been found and are currently being sequestered. If this continues, nothing will come of these revelations. The sequestering is due to fear, and nothing else.

Controversial? Very. Others will find these artifacts and present them to the world, only to be laughed at due to the tremendous bias of what you have been taught. Even with proof, they will turn the other way. Expect this, but understand that eventually, when enough people see the truth, it will prevail. It always does. Then the textbooks will start being re-written.

About the birds? They are confused. Their migration scenarios follow old grid patterns which no longer exist. Make a sanctuary for them, or they will not survive. They simply don't know which direction to fly.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Fine, you certainly can ignore them. The better ones are relevant IMO.

The channeled and psychic sources referring to Atlantis can produce quite a list.

For a drop from the bucket here's something from Lee Carrol channel of Kryon. Aparently he is saying artifacts from Atlantis can be found deep underground somewhere near Mt. Maga in what in the present day is called Arkansas. Things I consider.

Question: Dear Kryon, I just read on the Internet about information Kryon talked about November 2001 in New England. Kryon gave a precise dated timeline of Atlantis, then added that indisputable evidence of Atlantis exists in Arkansas. This is not what I read in Book 9. You said artifacts. I did not know what group of people you were talking about but I thought it would be a lot more controversial since you did not elaborate. Can you elaborate?

Also: I live on the water, a lake that connects to the intra-coastal region. I've seen the birds flying in circles, the entire circumference of the lake for a long time between 2 and 3 in the morning. Unusual?

Answer: Do not make Human assumptions about the past. First, know that "Atlantis" is not just a city (although many think it is). It's a race. It's a philosophy, and it's a consciousness. Here are the simple facts. Combine these into anything you wish to call it, but don't limit it to the mythology you now call Atlantis.

There is evidence on earth of races over 10,000 years old. It exists as artifacts on this planet. Some of the ones which are closest to the surface are in Arkansas. Simple. This information doesn't target a location, since the earth changed since the original civilization was there. Instead it gives evidence…empirical evidence, that your current history is incomplete, and that you really don't have understanding of when Humanity began. Landmasses were connected, religions and races existed that you don't give credibility to, and science was developed far beyond what you might expect.

World navigation was understood, and even the concept of your solar system was known. The artifacts that may be exposed will show this. Some have been found and are currently being sequestered. If this continues, nothing will come of these revelations. The sequestering is due to fear, and nothing else.

Controversial? Very. Others will find these artifacts and present them to the world, only to be laughed at due to the tremendous bias of what you have been taught. Even with proof, they will turn the other way. Expect this, but understand that eventually, when enough people see the truth, it will prevail. It always does. Then the textbooks will start being re-written.

About the birds? They are confused. Their migration scenarios follow old grid patterns which no longer exist. Make a sanctuary for them, or they will not survive. They simply don't know which direction to fly.

Why do you respect Lee Carrol? What makes him so deserving of this respect?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Why do you respect Lee Carrol? What makes him so deserving of this respect?

My overall 'all things considered' judgment of his life, work and message along with his message not standing alone as many quality sources say similar things.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

My overall 'all things considered' judgment of his life, work and message along with his message not standing alone as many quality sources say similar things.

Could you elaborate on "all things considered" with respect to his life, work, and "message"?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Who is the official judge of charlatan or not.

Your psychics have nothing to show what so ever for their advanced knowledge.  Rather the opposite, they tend to support hoaxes or medical quackery.

We each are for our jurisdiction of one person. And I wouldn't jump off that cliff unless it accords with my 'all things considered' reasoning.

Everything but repeatable evidence.  All you'd need was the psychic's word you'd float safely to the ground.

Much of what these sources say can no longer be physically investigated. A few things are available but are sequestered and not understood yet according to one source I respect. But I'm not sure the mods want us to go in that bickering tangent again in this thread.

What sources?  You've got psychics claiming advanced technology, they are the only sources.  How do you physically investigate something there is simply no evidence of?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Your psychics have nothing to show what so ever for their advanced knowledge.  Rather the opposite, they tend to support hoaxes or medical quackery.

Everything but repeatable evidence.  All you'd need was the psychic's word you'd float safely to the ground.

What sources?  You've got psychics claiming advanced technology, they are the only sources.  How do you physically investigate something there is simply no evidence of?

As Lee Carrol said there are only a few things that can be physically investigated but they are not understood and some are still under the earth. If you require physical repeatable evidence and proof then stick to traditional methods only. I have seen enough to consider some of these other sources are onto something. My considered opinion. The paranormal and psychic  have proven to me the universe is deeper than mainstream science can reach at this time.

Edited by papageorge1

11 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

No Walker is a bloke who grew up living in this world, where he was reading aged 2, lucid dreaming aged 3, beginning to control his mind by age 4 etc.  Who was flying around his neighbourhood in dreams while a pre schooler  and building dreamscapes and lands to live in every night in his dreams, and travelling the world with projection of consciousness before high school 

Yep i can identify some things  i read as a child which i incorporated in some of my dreams etc but  mostly it was matter of learning about my mind and what it was capable of doing 

What I am is what i am  Those abilities and qualities and interactions are real and have been all my llfe Inever knew anything theoretical  about them until i was middle aged and the internet arrived Ijust developed all those abilities by myself 

The 4 year old you describe is not noted for being able to distinguish the difference between actuality and make believe, which is typical of this age. 

Your memories of yourself support this. 

Typically around 5 this begins to change, for example: Santa is no longer real, the tooth fairy is really mom and dad, your favorite cartoon character isn’t really real etc. etc.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Could you elaborate on "all things considered" with respect to his life, work, and "message"?

It is from the accumulation of decades of considering this  stuff. How do I put that in a reply post. I guess I would need more specific questions. But in general I believe Lee and many are honest people with right intentions but certainly a bit far on the leading edge yet for the mainstream. I do believe he is channeling sources beyond his own mind and that is a bit much for a society where mainstream empirical science has ruled the roost for the last couple centuries.

As Lee Carrol said there are only a few things that can be physically investigated but they are not understood and some are still under the earth.

You mean Lee Carroll the "channeller"?  He's one of the kooks who peddled the 2012 bull****.

Isn't it convenient when there are claims of physical alien artefacts they can't be verified?

If you require physical repeatable evidence and proof then stick to traditional methods only. I have seen enough to consider some of these other sources are onto something. My considered opinion. The paranormal and psychic  have proven to me the universe is deeper than mainstream science can reach at this time.

Too bad you can't investigate it.  Just keep buying Lee Carroll's books.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It is from the accumulation of decades of considering this  stuff. How do I put that in a reply post. I guess I would need more specific questions. But in general I believe Lee and many are honest people with right intentions but certainly a bit far on the leading edge yet for the mainstream. I do believe he is channeling sources beyond his own mind and that is a bit much for a society where mainstream empirical science has ruled the roost for the last couple centuries.

Seems like you're an easy target for charlatans.

"He looks a nice fellow! Why would he ever lead me down the wrong path?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I do believe he is channeling sources beyond his own mind and that is a bit much for a society where mainstream empirical science has ruled the roost for the last couple centuries.

What do you want to rule the roost?  Do you have an issue with the 'mainstream', 'empirical', or 'science' part? I know you don't want merely statements of 'I do believe' to rule the roost, you wave away my and many others' beliefs here frequently on this subject.

• Like 6

Alien... interdimentional being.... Eternal Spirit. 

We have been discussion this in another thread but a huge post I made vanished and I got frustrated hahaha.

If we are going to consider the existance of a single creator god  then we have to consider the nature of that god relative to us. If somehow we are children or maybe extensions of that god, then I’m not sure we can call that alien. 

Some assert that Their God created existence itself. How can that be? The ability for something to exist must come before something can exist. Or possibly they are co phenomenon. Existance and God being both eternal and together. Even Thomas Aquinas struggled with these thoughts on god.

Even being a catholic priest, he could not deni that god must be subject to some sort of natural order. His struggle however was  about ethics. How could god be good if good is just what god says it is. If this were the case then god could say bad is good and bad would be good. So for goodness to exist, there has to be an external back drop of which to measure. For Aquinas that was natural order. Whatever that means.

Of course philosophers eventually settled on cultural relativity as the source for Ethics. Good is good because everyone says it’s good. If everyone around you hatted you for being good, then in fact in that culture you would be relatively bad. 

Anyway tangent there hahah. 

17 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

What do you want to rule the roost?  Do you have an issue with the 'mainstream', 'empirical', or 'science' part? I know you don't want merely statements of 'I do believe' to rule the roost, you wave away my and many others' beliefs here frequently on this subject.

I think empirical science is a great thing but limited at this time in what it can know as much of reality lies beyond the reach of physical senses and instruments. The paranormal has essentially proven that to me. I will consider input from those claiming information from beyond their physical senses. I am convinced they can tell us quite a bit.

When you're used to the imaginative woo found in a charlatan's books, empirical science does seem to be kind of limited.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I think empirical science is a great thing but limited at this time in what it can know as much of reality lies beyond the reach of physical senses and instruments.

You don't really believe that though I don't think.  Doesn't a decent chunk of the paranormal evidence you find convincing rely entirely on what people have actually seen and heard?  I'm pretty sure that's true, I've seen you offer readings from the papameter on purely physical things I'm sure, and this means it is then within reach of physical senses.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I am convinced they can tell us quite a bit.

I'm convinced there's no 'there' there, and the only interesting thing about the reality of it is what it tells us about human perception and cognition and the meanings that some people derive from it.  Your conviction is no more compelling to me than mine is to you I'm sure, but I'm not advocating that mainstream empirical science isn't sufficient enough to convey the idea that the paranormal has been soundly disproven.  So since our mere convictions then don't mean much, when you say that "mainstream empirical science has ruled the roost for the last couple centuries" I think you left out, 'as well it should and of course makes perfect sense, since no alternative can even compete with it'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• The topic was locked