Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
jmccr8

Are all gods aliens?

339 posts in this topic

Hammerclaw
2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

in my experience there is a network of instantaneous  communication and limited transport  across our galaxy Thus your mind  can connect to the mind of a being in the centre o f the galaxy and BE in their body with them They can do the same with us.

If you  actually want to take your consciousness there it requires a little bit of travel time in the first instance  but then the communication is instant    

The transport/communication hub/node is just outside the solar system so tha t only those with some skill training or who are chosen to be linked to the cosmic consciousness   can access it 

However any human has the potential to do these things ) "Mind melding"  projection of consciousness, accessing the cosmic consciousness ) within the precincts of the solar system, and quite a few do. 

In my experience, I flew high above the Twin Cities of Helium in a Martian Flyer, with the beautiful Princess Dejah Thoris clinging tightly to my side at midnight, under the hurtling moons of Barsoom.. Believe me, Mr. Walker, it was just as real an experience for me, as yours are to you.;)

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rlyeh
3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

in my experience there is a network of instantaneous  communication and limited transport  across our galaxy Thus your mind  can connect to the mind of a being in the centre o f the galaxy and BE in their body with them They can do the same with us.

How did you find these portals?

• Like 3

quillius
12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

My point was science with humility is good. Arrogant and pompous scientism is bad.

Hi Papa,

I would argue that true science has neither humility nor arrogance. I do not quite understand the notion of 'science with humility' nor do I understand the notion of 'science with arrogance'....at what point in the scientific process/method does humility or arrogance come into play? 

Can you expand on this or show an example of what you mean please.

thanks

• Like 4

jmccr8
2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Sorry but i dont get this.

Hi Walker

Didn't think you would to be honest basically all I am saying is that for me in my life my system works for me it is not a buddy that asks me to pray to it. My life isn't that complicated eat, work, play, learn sleep and I don't put a lot of drama in any of it I have done what I have because I taught myself with at times mentors that I thought reflected have a certain standard I wanted to attain. To me why we exist or for how long has no meaning for me so that declutters a lots of things like gods and such haven't seen one but have seem me every day . Trying to reach imaginary plateaus of enlightenment is foolhardy and can be quite a delusional picture of ones self awareness and ego and all I care about is being a good guy doing my own thing.

jmccr8

• Like 3

eight bits

No (IMO)  you wouldn't if it was real to you.

Let's not get confused here. You didn't tell the committee, therefore you wouldn't, but your question was what somebody else would do in your place.Your question was posed to another member, and I did jump in. However, the situation was just so familiar to me from the historical-mythical Jesus controversy:

An intrepid scholar ( @Nuclear Wessel ) discovers a new manuscript with the earliest extant version of an important sacred story (The Miracle of the Flames). And as so often happens, this early version is different from the later more familiar versions. In this case, an important element is missing, The Kitchen Radio from Heaven.

Thus, the question arises: why is the missing element not there? Could it have been a later embellishment of the original story? In the Bible Studies trade, the affirmative case for that has a name: argument from silence. Those come up so often, there's an established drill for dealing with them, focused on would we expect to find the element in this version of the story if it were already part of the story? Only if we'd expect to find what's missing would we be justified in thinking the element was a later embellishment.

Well, it is a news report of what the Prophet Walker said, not the Prophet speaking to us directly. Maybe the reporter was so overwhelmed by the miracle which he or she did report (that the Prophet was home for the holidays) that the radio didn't measure up. That could have been quite a debate, but we caught a break: there is independent evidence that the radio really was omitted from the sermon in question.

However, the same source tells us that at about the same time, there was an oral tradition that did have that element. That is, the Prophet had supposedly shared a different version of the event with friends and disciples. This could be, compare the Miracle of the Talking Pillar, where the Prophet similarly told a "sanitized" version of events to those whose ears were not worthy of the truth. But as we learn from HJ-MJ, there's always a convenient oral tradition to bridge any gaps that might open up. It's difficult (for me anyway) to overrule written evidence with unattested oral traditions that leave no trace of themselves.

OK, then. You claim directly that the Prophet wouldn't have shared this incident with unenlightened parliamentarians, lest they think less of him (again, compare the Talking Pillar where it was his parents who would have thought less of him).

And that's where we are. It's perfectly obvious you were arguing to the committeee that you and your wife shouldn't have needed to rely on luck to survive, but that was your predicament. Well, the radio fits that argument hand-in-glove, just the observed and uninterpreted facts of the incident would have served your case perfectly.

So, yes, we would expect the radio miracle to have been included at that time, if the story were available to you back then. It is reasonable for the intrepid scholar to propose, and for other scholars to agree, that The Kitchen Radio from Heaven may well be a later addition to the probably historical Miracle of the Flames.

On a neat thing that arose in passing:

For example many people would have become angry at me and asked me why we survived when their loved ones died 

That's a projection of what's called suvivors' guilt.

That you can type a sentence like that and not realize what you're saying, and this is not the first time, is why people discount all that talk about how well trained you are in psychology, and how helpful your counseling has been to the generations.

And finally, a less neat thing

You don't seem to realize that going on and on about the minutiae of SDA christology and theology does nothing to defeat the (obvious) conclusion that you're SDA to the marrow of your bones.

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Mr Walker
3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, all REAL things.

Yea all real things, but even the strange things human minds conjure up,  and the sometimes weird workings of our minds,   have a natural /scientific explanation.

It might seem like magic or  supernatural but it is not. 

Mr Walker
16 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

Alien... interdimentional being.... Eternal Spirit. 

We have been discussion this in another thread but a huge post I made vanished and I got frustrated hahaha.

If we are going to consider the existance of a single creator god  then we have to consider the nature of that god relative to us. If somehow we are children or maybe extensions of that god, then I’m not sure we can call that alien. 

Some assert that Their God created existence itself. How can that be? The ability for something to exist must come before something can exist. Or possibly they are co phenomenon. Existance and God being both eternal and together. Even Thomas Aquinas struggled with these thoughts on god.

Even being a catholic priest, he could not deni that god must be subject to some sort of natural order. His struggle however was  about ethics. How could god be good if good is just what god says it is. If this were the case then god could say bad is good and bad would be good. So for goodness to exist, there has to be an external back drop of which to measure. For Aquinas that was natural order. Whatever that means.

Of course philosophers eventually settled on cultural relativity as the source for Ethics. Good is good because everyone says it’s good. If everyone around you hatted you for being good, then in fact in that culture you would be relatively bad. 

Anyway tangent there hahah. 

Good point That depends on what category you are classifying 

if it originated off planet it would still be alien in one sense of the word, but if it was human genetically, then it would not be alien, as in an alien life form 

• Like 1

Mr Walker
7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Walker where did you go?

:D

jmccr8

lol When i was teaching in Whyalla the kids would sing "welcome back welcome back" when i came into the room/

I also looked a lot like rolf harris so another name was Rolf and finally a lot of them called me poppa smurf 

Ive got photos of me that you would have difficulty telling apart from  him in this one (except that i was abit more handsome and sexy :) ) and i even have some of me wearing  an identical jacket :) 

Ive been in Lincoln all day. Took our younger golden retriever in for a clip and toe nail trim and visited quite a lot of friends and family. Left home a t 8am and got back about 5pm Then got tea and watched an old episode of dr who  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Haha 1

quillius

Mr Walker, curious as to how you figured you had 5 minutes to get out of the house when fire was 6km away?

can you remember the exact words that the radio said? 

• Like 3

Mr Walker
4 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Walker

My(most peoples) body could exist quite adequately with animal instinct alone so I see my body as an extension and it's uses of my ability to think, I have to think about many different aspects of my work and my thinking process lays out them to use my body, cost and time efficiently so I have trained my body to do tricks for treats.:D

Is it really universal no bod has gotten that far off the planet yet and there is no physical evidence of aliens getting here so for now anything outside of the stratosphere is pretty subjective. That is not to say aliens do not exist but why they think the exist would be interesting maybe ask your alien and get back to me on that PM is fine.:tu:

What I do know is that I see other people do what they do very well and they all think so can see god in them because of that it's not a religion it's just the way I live my life so it does not matter to me if there are others that think as I do, I don't live others lives I live mine.:D

jmccr8

You are not JUST an animal. Your self aware consciousness makes you unique among all earth animals 

I disagree with you about alien presence on earth, but i understand and respect your belief

Once you've met a few you might change your mind :) 

Again, you are correct.

You are observing a part of "god" which exists within all of us, but its only a small part of god, just as each of us is only a small part of god Where it gets interesting is where the part of you and the part of god get connected or unified. 

quillius

actually whilst you consider the response to above, if you dont mind, there are a couple of other points you raised that I am struggling to reconcile.

We received a radio broadcast  from  a  mains powered radio when the power had been off for several hours and our power lines were lying on the ground melted  God (the cosmic consciousness)  had told me to turn the radio on and listen to the warning which i did even knowing there was no power (its not a good idea to argue with a god :)     It told us that the fire front had changed direction and was burning rapidly towards,  us  about  6 kilometres to the south 

We had about 5 minutes to grab animals and valuables and get out.

By then spot fires and dense smoke were all around us    The house blew up a few minutes after we left it 

questions:

if the power had been off for several hours due to your power lines being melted...how far away was the fire (several hours ago) ? how did it manage to melt the wires at such a distance?

how long would you say from radio broadcast to house blowing up? from above I am guessing somewhere between 5minutes-10minutes right?

Edited by quillius
edit to add: once again sorry Jay for the sidetrack...maybe we should have a thread on 'heavens radio'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Mr Walker
36 minutes ago, quillius said:

actually whilst you consider the response to above, if you dont mind, there are a couple of other points you raised that I am struggling to reconcile.

questions:

if the power had been off for several hours due to your power lines being melted...how far away was the fire (several hours ago) ? how did it manage to melt the wires at such a distance?

how long would you say from radio broadcast to house blowing up? from above I am guessing somewhere between 5minutes-10minutes right?

File:Wangary Fires (Eyre Peninsula) inquest - -- map of fire scour  boundary.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

The fire began at lake Wangary the day before and then next day got out of control in very bad conditions  and burned  East  to North shields. I thought we were safe and was playing a game of Age of empires   on my laptop using battery power. The power had gone off mid day or earlier, when the fire burned through the high voltage line coming down to port Lincoln from whyalla   This cut ALL power to all of southern Eyre peninsula, other than that provided by emergency generators. Land line phones were still working (they dont require a power source)  but the mobile network apparently crashed   

What we did not know was that a southerly wind change had shifted the direction north  The warning said the fire was at Louth bay and moving rapidly north  

Our house was on  the road you can see going down to Peake bay It was called Moonlight bay road   It was right on the eastern  edge of the fire front (another 100 metres to the west and it would have passed us by )

We had about 10minutes to grab our papers and the cat By then spot fires were breaking out past our house and visibility was a few yards  We were a few minutes up the road when the mayor of port Lincoln, who was on the radio said, "Some poor b*****s house has just blown up"  (we heard this on the car radio while driving slowly through  spot fires and heavy smoke.

Ours was the only house in the vicinity which was destroyed,  although over 100 were lost in the fire area, and 6 lives.  While it was a distance of about 15 miles there was a clear line of sight from our house to Lincoln (as you can see its mostly water between the two )  and we could see the silos and bay area, so the y could see our house explode. 

we lost our house which was the last one lost But in a way it was lucky.

if the wind had not changed, the southern  edge of the fire would have hit port Lincoln and losses could have been hundreds of times greater   Conditions improved in the afternoon  and the fire was stopped at the highway between Tumby Bay and Cummins.  we made the right choice by driving to the east and managed to get to Tumby where i had access to the school and a phone (middle of school holidays) we drove on small dirt roads but I was very familiar with them.

If id gone west and tried to drive up the highway to Tumby, we would have been caught   by the fire front   

CSIRO PUBLISHING | International Journal of Wildland Fire

The furthermost dot on the right/east side of the map is where our house was. The red dots represent houses lost  ( as far as i can tell )

Edited by Mr Walker

Nuclear Wessel
5 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

And i never held a position in the SDA church 

The evidence is stacked against you quite heavily, bud. I've (and several others on here, apparently) have done the research.

What flavour of Kool-Aid are they serving this week?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mr Walker
51 minutes ago, quillius said:

Mr Walker, curious as to how you figured you had 5 minutes to get out of the house when fire was 6km away?

can you remember the exact words that the radio said? 

We wernt sure how long we had, but spot fires were breaking out and visibility was deteriorating rapidly 

we knew from  previous reports that the fire front  was moving at up to 100 k/hr or over 60mph. The distance from  Louth bay to our house was about 5 kilometres The problem was that it wasn't travelling like a normal fire  Spot fires were occurring  way ahead of the front Houses way ahead of the front were just exploding and whole paddocks of stubble just burst into flame all at once  rather than as the fire burned through them  10 minutes turned out to be a generous estimate but we made it partly because the paddocks around our house had short stubble in them and that slowed the fire down  a bit. At100 khr it would have reached us in about 5 minutes but it took around 10 or so. 

Nuclear Wessel
4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

At100 khr it would have reached us in about 5 minutes but it took around 10 or so. 

It would've reached you in like three minutes, dude. Slightly less actually.

100km/hr = 1.67 km/min

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Mr Walker
1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The evidence is stacked against you quite heavily, bud. I've (and several others on here, apparently) have done the research.

What flavour of Kool-Aid are they serving this week?

No its not 

in our wedding report the minister of the port Lincoln church, who married us,    said i held a position in the pathfinders of the Whyalla church  (where i was living ) 

I dont know why he thought that.   It wasn't true. I've never held a position in the church and declined them all because  i said it would be hypocritica,l given tha t i was an evolutionist not a creationist   But i was a  school teacher and i did tell some stories to kids at the church.

Maybe it sounded good for them to claim a govt teacher in their pathfinders .

Its ironic.

I suspect you wouldn't accept similar evidence about Christ's life, but  because it confirms a bias, you happily accept it about me :)   

So, what documentary evidences do you have to support what was a second hand report of a wedding  which took place  174miles from  the church mentioned. :)  

Nuclear Wessel
11 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

No its not 

in our wedding report the minister of the port Lincoln church, who married us,    said i held a position in the pathfinders of the Whyalla church  (where i was living ) 

I dont know why he thought that.   It wasn't true. I've never held a position in the church and declined them all because  i said it would be hypocritica,l given tha t i was an evolutionist not a creationist   But i was a  school teacher and i did tell some stories to kids at the church.

Maybe it sounded good for them to claim a govt teacher in their pathfinders .

Its ironic.

I suspect you wouldn't accept similar evidence about Christ's life, but  because it confirms a bias, you happily accept it about me :)   

So, what documentary evidences do you have to support what was a second hand report of a wedding  which took place  174miles from  the church mentioned. :)  

Uh-huh.

Cultist. :lol:

I trust that article more than I trust you.

Also, what if I told you that I already reached out to the SDA church in Whyalla to verify that article?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mr Walker
3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It would've reached you in like three minutes, dude. Slightly less actually.

100km/hr = 1.67 km/min

i worked it out  as  100 kphr is  10km  in  6 minutes   

So the front had slowed down a bit by then  but i was working on speeds reported in the morning with stronger winds 

100 kilometres per hour

Heat from the fire reached 1,000 °C (1,830 °F), with speeds up to 100 kilometres per hour (62 mph).

Eyre Peninsula bushfire, 2005 - Wikipedia

Ie i was estimating  we had no more than 10minutes. As it turned out i think the house blew up about15 minutes from the original report, but that is from  memory  

We had time to grab the cat, grab some papers  and that was about it.

I didnt even have time to remove flammable screens etc from  the deck or car port    We left everything else.

i grabbed my laptop but forgot the charger :)  My wife left her glasses on the table and her jewellery in a purse in the bedroom (eventually   found, but all melted down into globs of silver and gold :) 

My wife was panicking.  I wanted to stay and get some more personal valuables, but she was too scared to stay.

She might have been right.to be scared  The house exploded, and if we had been in it, or near it, we would have died. 

I reckon we were out of the house in under 10 minutes from the report  and another 5 minutes down the road, and still in the fire zone,  when the radio reported our house exploding, so we got out with 5 minutes or less, to spare 

As we left, i put our safety into "gods" hands and "he" assured me we would be safe and unharmed 

Real or psychological  mind games, that enabled me to stay calm and drive us safely  out of the fire zone  

Mr Walker
19 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Uh-huh.

Cultist. :lol:

I trust that article more than I trust you.

Also, what if I told you that I already reached out to the SDA church in Whyalla to verify that article?

I wouldn't believe you,  but all they could do would be verify the existence of the  article as a genuine source  Not its content .

I have no recollection of having any official position, and neither does my wife. I  never acted in such a capacity, except perhaps to tell a couple of stories to younger kids    

That is what i said originally 

And the sda is not a cult, but a recognised church. with basic protestant theology. 

The only really radical thing about it is that it  continues   to recognise the seventh day (Saturday ) and so does not  accept the Catholic's authority to change the Sabbath to Sunday.

It does not recognise the authority of the pope to change the bible , or his claim to have the  authority  of god on earth. Not many protestant churches do, and long wars were waged to distinguish Protestantism from  Catholicism  

Edited by Mr Walker

Nuclear Wessel
4 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I wouldn't believe you,  but all they could do would be verify the existence of the  article as a genuine source  Not its content .

I have no recollection of having any official position, and neither does my wife.

OK, if you say so I guess. :w00t:

You were still a pathfinder for SDA tho.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Mr Walker
4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

In my experience, I flew high above the Twin Cities of Helium in a Martian Flyer, with the beautiful Princess Dejah Thoris clinging tightly to my side at midnight, under the hurtling moons of Barsoom.. Believe me, Mr. Walker, it was just as real an experience for me, as yours are to you.;)

Was that YOU i saw in the bar.  I thought you looked familiar :) 

Ps  Also been there done that but its a different category of experience. ie imagination or dreaming   

Ps how did you  keep warm?  More particularly how did SHE keep warm, while wearing nothing but that diaphanous, form hugging gown ? :)  

What would you say, 34 inch or 36?  

Mr Walker
16 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

OK, if you say so I guess. :w00t:

You were still a pathfinder for SDA tho.

Who says ? (apart from  that wedding report)  If id been a pathfinder leader i would have been involved with activities for kids on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons.  I would have had the uniform, badges etc (it was like scouts)   I had none of those.  

I wasn't (or at least have absolutely no memory of doing so ),involved in any activities . I taught kids marked work and prepared lessons  for   long hours all week, and was just married.

i had better things to do with Friday nights and Saturday  afternoons.   

Edited by Mr Walker

Nuclear Wessel
25 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Who says ? (apart from  that wedding report)  If id been a pathfinder leader i would have been involved with activities for kids on Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. 

I wasn't (or at least have absolutely no memory of doing so ) I taught kids  long hours all week and was just married.

i had better things to do with Friday nights and Saturday  afternoons  

Your arguments are just not compelling, bud. Sorry.

Re you being a pathfinder, I'm convinced of that, Sherapy is convinced of that, onlooker is convinced of that, eight bits is convinced of that, etc. 

If we're incorrect, we're incorrect. It happens.

It's my opinion that you were a pathfinder. If it's wrong, so be it--I am just going based off of the evidence that has been provided.

You are unable to convince me of otherwise. The only way that I could be convinced of otherwise is if the person of contact for the SDA in Whyalla had responded with an email claiming "There is no record of this person ever having held the position indicated in the church."

I also verified your claims of being a counsellor. Just saying.

Now that we're on that topic: What institution provided you with the certification for being a fully qualified counsellor?

I'm interested in your response and comparing it against information that I have.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 5

quillius

thanks for your answers Mr W.

I do wonder how the radio report of:

We were a few minutes up the road when the mayor of port Lincoln, who was on the radio said, "Some poor b*****s house has just blown up"  (we heard this on the car radio while driving slowly through  spot fires and heavy smoke.

was reported on the radio within seconds of it happening? especially when the area is surrounded by dense fire and smoke.........hmmm

how did they see this and feed back to the station so quickly?

maybe they also had a heavens radio to hand reporting in real time?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Nuclear Wessel
4 minutes ago, quillius said:

how did they see this and feed back to the station so quickly?

I'll give you a hint:

They didn't

• Like 1
  • Haha 5