Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Trump achievements IYO

Knob Oddy

9 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Leaving office.

Admittedly, this is funny. But could you give some explanation of why this is his greatest achievement? Greater than facilitating the signing of the peace deal preventing any further annexing of Palestinian land by Israel? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Admittedly, this is funny. But could you give some explanation of why this is his greatest achievement? Greater than facilitating the signing of the peace deal preventing any further annexing of Palestinian land by Israel? 

who are the signatories to this peace deal? i.e who is it between?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

what in your opinion were his greatest achievements?

Turning the USA into the DSA: Divided States of America

(A great achievement can also be something bad!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Normalization in the Middle East

President Trump moved the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem and proposed a peace plan that substituted economic development for immediate Palestinian statehood. Traditional experts feared that Trump’s policies would ignite regional conflict. Instead, if anything, the region has calmed. First the United Arab Emirates, then Bahrain and Sudan, and most recently Morocco have opened diplomatic relations with Israel. It’s now possible to fly direct from Tel Aviv to Dubai, overflying Saudi Arabia.

Safeguarding 5G networks from Chinese control

Trump’s trade policy lacked rhyme or reason. He provoked futile, consumer-harming conflicts with partners like Canada and Germany. But Trump’s campaign to build 5G networks on Western rather than Chinese technology was powered by abundant reason: to secure communications in democratic countries from Chinese surveillance, and even Chinese sabotage. For once, Trump’s motives were not narrowly nationalistic; the main alternative suppliers to China’s Huawei are Sweden’s Ericsson and Finland’s Nokia.

In 2018, Australia banned Huawei from its 5G networks. In June 2020, Canada and Singapore announced that they would rely on non-Chinese technology. The United Kingdom followed in July—and even ordered the removal of Huawei components where they had already been installed. France barred Huawei that same month. In September, Germany tightened its review of the security risks posed by Chinese technology.

5G is a rare case in which Trump’s abrasive methods yielded results that might not have been achieved by a more emollient administration. Score one for him, and it’s an important one.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/12/the-things-trump-got-right/617424/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RAyMO said:

who are the signatories to this peace deal? i.e who is it between?

Israel and the United Arab Emirates reached a landmark accord sealed by President Trump on Thursday that could presage a broader realignment in the region as the two agreed to “full normalization of relations” in exchange for Israel suspending annexation of occupied West Bank territory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/us/politics/trump-israel-united-arab-emirates-uae.html

Full details here. Or on Wikipedia if you prefer

• Like 2

Just now, Hugh Mungus said:

Israel and the United Arab Emirates reached a landmark accord sealed by President Trump on Thursday that could presage a broader realignment in the region as the two agreed to “full normalization of relations” in exchange for Israel suspending annexation of occupied West Bank territory.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/13/us/politics/trump-israel-united-arab-emirates-uae.html

Full details here. Or on Wikipedia if you prefer

so no peace deal with the people that actually live on the land?

• Like 5

Just now, RAyMO said:

so no peace deal with the people that actually live on the land?

The people who don't recognize Israel? No, because they don't recognize Israel. 

What Trump did is exactly what i said he did, in the only way it was possible to do it:

12 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Greater than facilitating the signing of the peace deal preventing any further annexing of Palestinian land by Israel? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hugh Mungus said:

The people who don't recognize Israel? No, because they don't recognize Israel. 

What Trump did is exactly what i said he did, in the only way it was possible to do it:

<snip> will leave it there rather than derail the thread. 

• Like 2

Trumps greatest achievements were imo unintentional:

1. He exposed the weaknesses in the US political system; and
  2. He exposed the inherent divisions in American society
Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Turning the USA into the DSA: Divided States of America

(A great achievement can also be something bad!)

You want to lay the division at the feet of Trump? 

Perhaps some of these people below share the blame?

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

People will argue all day but I believe Trump's economics was truly beneifical for alot of people.

Tax Relief for the Middle Class

Passed $3.2 trillion in historic tax relief and reformed the tax code.

• Signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – the largest tax reform package in history.
  • More than 6 million American workers received wage increases, bonuses, and increased benefits thanks to the tax cuts.
  • A typical family of four earning $75,000 received an income tax cut of more than $2,000 – slashing their tax bill in half.
  • Doubled the standard deduction – making the first $24,000 earned by a married couple completely tax-free.
  • Doubled the child tax credit.
  • Virtually eliminated the unfair Estate Tax, or Death Tax.
  • Cut the business tax rate from 35 percent – the highest in the developed world – all the way down to 21 percent.
  • Small businesses can now deduct 20 percent of their business income.
  • Businesses can now deduct 100 percent of the cost of their capital investments in the year the investment is made.
  • Since the passage of tax cuts, the share of total wealth held by the bottom half of households has increased, while the share held by the top 1 percent has decreased.
  • Over 400 companies have announced bonuses, wage increases, new hires, or new investments in the United States.
  • Over $1.5 trillion was repatriated into the United States from overseas.
  • Lower investment cost and higher capital returns led to faster growth in the middle class, real wages, and international competitiveness.

Jobs and investments are pouring into Opportunity Zones.

• Created nearly 9,000 Opportunity Zones where capital gains on long-term investments are taxed at zero.
  • Opportunity Zone designations have increased property values within them by 1.1 percent, creating an estimated $11 billion in wealth for the nearly half of Opportunity Zone residents who own their own home.
  • Opportunity Zones have attracted $75 billion in funds and driven $52 billion of new investment in economically distressed communities, creating at least 500,000 new jobs.
  • Approximately 1 million Americans will be lifted from poverty as a result of these new investments.
  • Private equity investments into businesses in Opportunity Zones were nearly 30 percent higher than investments into businesses in similar areas that were not designated Opportunity Zones.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another positive I think (which people will argue about). His methods had plus and minuses but Trump helped push he conversation about China as a growing international threat into the mainstream. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As i said a few weeks back after trump Is gone i would be too ( from political section ) so im just winding that down now,  after tonight as i keep odd hours i wont be here as much or any more.

As far as things trump archived i can only think of as tate has pointed out many times he didnt get us into any wars and i agree with Chrlzs trump leaving office is a very good thing he did, in that he didnt do as i feared, i honestly thought he would meltdown.

So i do give him much credit for leaving today as a man.

13 minutes ago, the13bats said:

As i said a few weeks back after trump Is gone i would be too ( from political section ) so im just winding that down now,  after tonight as i keep odd hours i wont be here as much or any more.

Yup...

Best trump administration achievement in my opinion is the defeat of ISIS' and the killing of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

• Like 1

He actually did achieve great things, intentionally or not,  he exposed the rat nest we call gvmnt from the pov we have not seen before,  showed us what really msm and social media can do, and what they worth,  and he showed the next guy or girl what works and what does not, they will learn from his mistakes. use his experience. He could not have done any better, 

• Like 2

Personally I credit Trump's dealins with NK as a somewhat success. I do agree with him on the chinese 5G issue, and China's covid initial handling. don't recall anything else at the moment.

His downfall was his big mouth, his inability to not say a lie every 45seg, stupid tweets, stupid observations and  his moronic attempts to take credit for stuff he didn't do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Now that President Trump has left the White House, with no way to return (until 2024), what in your opinion were his greatest achievements?

I know people focus on the unemployment rates which reduced dramatically (especially for minorities), but IMO the fact that multiple peace treaties were facilitated by Trump and that he started no new wars is a massive achievement.

In reality, it has shown just how easy it should be for all Presidents, past and future, to avoid needless conflicts for the profit of the military industrial complex. 

When President Obama spoke with President Trump after his inauguration, Obama said that North Korea was the biggest threat America faced. Trump dealt with it like a boss. No deaths, no wars. 

I never thought in my lifetime i would ever see a President hold office without starting a war. I am 100% certain that Biden will drag us back into the swamp of another endless war to "bring democracy " (read that as "protect the Petrodollar") to whatever country is trying to sell their oil for gold instead of USD$.

Thank you President Trump and long may you remain a voice against the warmongers.

A very strong thick skinned leader who drove through long overdue change no matter how much it made some people upset. He was quite good at economics, and international peace missions. He would get my vote for the Nobel Peace Prize.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Best Presidet so far by a mile.

Puts his country first. 

:D

Yep America First!

You put your own people and country first, and its a shame we cannot see more of that around the world.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Will Do said:

Donald Trump's greatest achievement is that he once and for all, exposed the level, like never before, of how personally corrupt the vast majority of elected representatives, political appointees, and so-called mainstream media people on the Left really are. Even beyond what most believed before.

And some of their supporters too.

That genie will NEVER be put back in the bottle. The good people of this country are going to be happy to ignore all of you now. While you who seek it, lower yourself into the mire of a deep dark pit of filth for what you think is an unobserved casual swim. :tu:

I couldn`t agree more.

I personally have read about 100 articles bad mouthing Trump only to go onto YouTube and watch his speeches to see what he actually said. Then discovered they were blatant lying and being selective with their sound bites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1