Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Trump achievements IYO

Knob Oddy

1 hour ago, Setton said:

As would you and as do you.

You know the US lost when it simulated a war with Iran, right?

“Loosing” is a relative term. Destroying everything they have and trying to occupying them and the fallout  at home with trying to maintain a true ocupation are different things. There are different Kinds of “Wars” countries can fight, I guarantee we wouldn’t loose. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

That is just flat out inaccurate.  America didnt lose but what the war game did show was an American fleet being sunk until the war game was restarted but there is a lot more to the story.

The main problem is the marine general simulating the Iranians flat out cheated cause he was throwing a fit over the war game being simulated and purposefully wanted to ruin it.  Some of the tactics he employed during this simulation included but not limited to were to have small craft often carrying multiple antiship missiles that frequently weighed more then the craft itself, had all of those small craft regardless of type going at speed boat speeds as in he had dhows going near 80 to 100 knots, he frequently had hundreds of small strike craft appear out of no where near American ships and fire all their antiship missiles in one salvo, had messages delivered by dirt bikes to avoid the message interception but the dirt bikes frequently delivered messages instantaneously.

There was a reason why he was requested to stand down or be removed from the war game.

As for why he was trying to ruin the war game, he was basically throwing a fit.  The issue was he was involved in a previous war game that was highly scripted and designed to show off new military hardware.  He hated it as he wasnt allowed to deviate off the script and he hated the new military hardware as he opposed high tech weapons and wanted the military to stick to traditional weapon systems and tactics.  He finally relented and went along with it under the agreement that in the next war game he could fight it anyway he wanted.  The next war game was the one you mentioned America being defeated it and he found out it was also to be highly scripted and once again showing off new weapon systems.

The media heard about it and decided Iran defeats America in simulated war was a better story then angry general tries to ruin war game.  The general also wrote a very biased and one sided book on the event where he just rips into high tech weapons.

How fascinating. I'm sure you have a source to support your story that goes completely against every other version out there?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

“Loosing” is a relative term. Destroying everything they have and trying to occupying them and the fallout  at home with trying to maintain a true ocupation are different things. There are different Kinds of “Wars” countries can fight, I guarantee we wouldn’t loose. 

Losing 20,000+ men and most of your fleet doesn't sound particularly relative.

9 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

That is just flat out inaccurate.  America didnt lose but what the war game did show was an American fleet being sunk until the war game was restarted but there is a lot more to the story.

The main problem is the marine general simulating the Iranians flat out cheated cause he was throwing a fit over the war game being simulated and purposefully wanted to ruin it.  Some of the tactics he employed during this simulation included but not limited to were to have small craft often carrying multiple antiship missiles that frequently weighed more then the craft itself, had all of those small craft regardless of type going at speed boat speeds as in he had dhows going near 80 to 100 knots, he frequently had hundreds of small strike craft appear out of no where near American ships and fire all their antiship missiles in one salvo, had messages delivered by dirt bikes to avoid the message interception but the dirt bikes frequently delivered messages instantaneously.

There was a reason why he was requested to stand down or be removed from the war game.

As for why he was trying to ruin the war game, he was basically throwing a fit.  The issue was he was involved in a previous war game that was highly scripted and designed to show off new military hardware.  He hated it as he wasnt allowed to deviate off the script and he hated the new military hardware as he opposed high tech weapons and wanted the military to stick to traditional weapon systems and tactics.  He finally relented and went along with it under the agreement that in the next war game he could fight it anyway he wanted.  The next war game was the one you mentioned America being defeated it and he found out it was also to be highly scripted and once again showing off new weapon systems.

The media heard about it and decided Iran defeats America in simulated war was a better story then angry general tries to ruin war game.  The general also wrote a very biased and one sided book on the event where he just rips into high tech weapons.

thank you, I was not aware if these details.

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Losing 20,000+ men and most of your fleet doesn't sound particularly relative.

You are tripping dude. The US can destroy IrAn without even setting foot on their soil .

Edited by White Crane Feather

2 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

You’ are  tripping dude. The US can destroy IrAn without even setting foot on their soil .

3 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

You are tripping dude. The US can destroy IrAn without even setting foot on their soil .

You should probably get them to have another look at their simulations then.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

You should probably get them to have another look at their simulations then.

Haha yeah. I think that would be a good idea. 

36 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You're drawing alot of conclusions from a 2002 war excercise (using all U.S troops and marine general) designed to test new technology. 

Because those conclusions still stand. Iran has continued to develop the same asymmetric tactics while the US has continued to develop the same traditional tactics.

Most nations would have taken the outcome as a prompt to change their approach. The US military just changed the red team's behaviour to guarantee they won.

Doesn't work like that in the real world.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Setton said:

Because those conclusions still stand. Iran has continued to develop the same asymmetric tactics while the US has continued to develop the same traditional tactics.

Most nations would have taken the outcome as a prompt to change their approach. The US military just changed the red team's behaviour to guarantee they won.

Doesn't work like that in the real world.

Those are some broad conclusions." Not changed approach".

That excercise was 18 years ago lol.

The main goal was to test the use of new technology anyways. 

This story was actually in one of Malcom Gladwell's book. His conclusion was that it's an example of how too much information isn't always beneifical and can sometimes be a detriment. 

Edit: also seems like the marine general was just more intelligent than his opponents.

Edited by spartan max2

Trumps best achievement?  

Hmmm...  pushing the boundaries of the First Admendment. 

Creating a worldwide discussion on the importance of Free Speech! 

Liberty!

:D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well there is usually a lot of guesswork in figuring out who's an *******, those red hats sure make it easy to spot one. 

• Confused 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:47 PM, President-Elect Acidhead said:

97-3 

:D 

Odd seeing how the media made the move out to be super contraversal.

• Like 1

Trump was a brash person. And I think he got carried away on twitter. But I focus on his policies than his personality.

A politician's personal behavior doesn't affect me.. But their policies do. I'll say one thing about Trump.

He spoke his mind. He wasn't like other politicians. They'd kiss the baby than steal it's lollipop when mom wasn't looking.

Edited by Hawken
  • Like 4

On 1/26/2021 at 5:48 AM, White Crane Feather said:

Apparently all Russia and China have to do is send a few emails and watch the US tear itself apart with hate and distrust without even firing a shot.  Or did Iran do that?  There are a lot of ways to destroy a country or a government.

18 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Apparently all Russia and China have to do is send a few emails and watch the US tear itself apart with hate and distrust without even firing a shot.  Or did Iran do that?  There are a lot of ways to destroy a country or a government.

That is the nature of democracy unfortunately. Freedom is a tenuous thing. In a way I think it’s a sign that it is working as intended. Both the left and the right want absolute power, but the constitution is holding them back. The damage is being done by social media. Human minds are not evolved for the kinds of information we are receiving. Selection and confirmation bias run amok. The only way out is metecognition. If the general populace dosn’t admit to the frailties if their own mind and don’t learn to act and vote on logic instead of emotion, then this will certainly crumble around us and we will eventually be a totalitarian society. 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 3:17 PM, Hugh Mungus said:

Admittedly, this is funny. But could you give some explanation of why this is his greatest achievement? Greater than facilitating the signing of the peace deal preventing any further annexing of Palestinian land by Israel? 

I don't recall the mainstream media ever reporting any of Trump's accomplishments. Had to do research for that.

The media focused more on his negatives than positives. Which is why a lot of people despise him.

Like Malcolm X said back in the 1960s. The media controls the minds of the masses.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hawken said:

The media focused more on his negatives than positives.

Why do you think that was?  Can you point to any other president so despised by the media?  What did they get out of being negative?  Why was it only Rupert Murdoch who seemed to support him?

I've heard nothing but handwaving on that topic... anyone?

I'll happily admit my own biases, from what I saw and heard about Trump well before the presidential thing came up, he was exactly the sort of person I despise... but I'll refain from any futher comments as apparently this thread must stick to positives!!!

I also have my own theory about why Trump cultivated the hate in both directions...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Why do you think that was?  Can you point to any other president so despised by the media?  What did they get out of being negative?  Why was it only Rupert Murdoch who seemed to support him?

I've heard nothing but handwaving on that topic... anyone?

I'll happily admit my own biases, from what I saw and heard about Trump well before the presidential thing came up, he was exactly the sort of person I despise... but I'll refain from any futher comments as apparently this thread must stick to positives!!!

I also have my own theory about why Trump cultivated the hate in both directions...

Just look back at Trump before he got into politics. He was well liked by celebrities and politicians. He was praise by

Oprah Winfrey, Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton and others because he donated money to their causes. Trump even

appeared in movies like Home Alone 2, The Little Rascals and 12 other movies. But when he got into politics and

wouldn't play ball with the elites. They started a smear campaign on him. Funny how he went from Praised to Persecuted.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, it does also take a fanatical fringe, with Media power, to believe and foster those seeds. Then when the general population believes it... THEN its going to tear the nation apart.

• Like 1