Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Trump achievements IYO

Knob Oddy

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I mean, it's not a debate.  You said you liked his policies...I asked which ones?  If you like them so much, you should be able to say which ones.  If you are just saying words, and don't really know if there are any policies, just man up and say it.

Sorry, but no. 

29 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Sorry, but no. 

You could cheat off me. 

I listed three specific Trump acheivements - more than anyone else (I think) - including the a business friendly one.

Yet I'm labelled a Trump Hater with TDS.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

You could cheat off me. 

I listed three specific Trump acheivements - more than anyone else (I think) - including the a business friendly one.

Yet I'm labelled a Trump Hater with TDS.

Thank you for the offer, but my Covid brain fog has rendered me almost useless tonight. 

• Haha 1

Did anybody list his border wall?

How does the wall affect private property?  There are 4900 parcels of private land that come within 500 feet of the border.  Most will have to be seized by the government in order to build the wall.  About 300 condemnation cases have been brought against private landowners.  One was settled for a $100 lease easement.  Another cost the government $5,000,000 for six acres.  Most have not yet come to trial.  It will take decades to settle these cases.  Land condemnation is expected to run about $2 billion.  Is this really what conservatives want?

About 650 miles of the 2000 mile border is fenced.  1350 miles remain open.  Of the 650 miles, half is designed to stop vehicles, not people.

Portions of the border run through desert, hundreds of miles from the nearest city.  To build the wall, support roads will have to be built first.

Trump's wall-building ambitions keep shrinking.  Initially he wanted to fence the entire border, but then decided to fence only 1000 miles of it.  Then he chaned his mind again and decided to fence only 700 miles.

Human smugglers have said that a wall won't stop illegal crossings, but will allow them to charge more for getting people across.

The jaguar will go extinct on the American side of the border if a wall cuts off access to females.

Border crossings are at an all-time high.  The portion of the wall that was finished isn't even slowing them down.

Doug

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/migrants-are-falling-trumps-30-foot-steel-border-wall-us-breaking-legs-rcna33301

https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall/

I'm sorry, the best thing he did was lose the second election.

• Like 1

The question is like asking, What is your favorite Led Zeppelin song.B)

• Like 1

Just now, joc said:

The question is like asking, What is your favorite Led Zeppelin song.B)

And everyone answers, "Stairway to Heaven".

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

And everyone answers, "Stairway to Heaven".

Actually my fav LZ song is No Quarter...but I digress...

1 minute ago, joc said:

Actually my fav LZ song is No Quarter...but I digress...

Of course you do.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2022 at 8:14 PM, Doug1066 said:

How does the wall affect private property?  There are 4900 parcels of private land that come within 500 feet of the border.  Most will have to be seized by the government in order to build the wall.  About 300 condemnation cases have been brought against private landowners.  One was settled for a $100 lease easement.  Another cost the government $5,000,000 for six acres.  Most have not yet come to trial.  It will take decades to settle these cases.  Land condemnation is expected to run about $2 billion.  Is this really what conservatives want?

About 650 miles of the 2000 mile border is fenced.  1350 miles remain open.  Of the 650 miles, half is designed to stop vehicles, not people.

Portions of the border run through desert, hundreds of miles from the nearest city.  To build the wall, support roads will have to be built first.

Trump's wall-building ambitions keep shrinking.  Initially he wanted to fence the entire border, but then decided to fence only 1000 miles of it.  Then he chaned his mind again and decided to fence only 700 miles.

Human smugglers have said that a wall won't stop illegal crossings, but will allow them to charge more for getting people across.

The jaguar will go extinct on the American side of the border if a wall cuts off access to females.

Border crossings are at an all-time high.  The portion of the wall that was finished isn't even slowing them down.

Doug

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/migrants-are-falling-trumps-30-foot-steel-border-wall-us-breaking-legs-rcna33301

Just ask the people in south texas what they think of Pete Sessions 8 mile long border wall from the gulf west for 8 miles along the rio grande river, which is considered the actual border.   There are laws about how close you can build to a river and since the wall was on our side, our people lost the use of their land.  There is a country club that ended up on the wrong side of that wall.    You make a very good point about the private property and how the owners will loose their property to a stupid wall that won't make any difference except to the contractors bank accounts who get to build it.  That was how Pete Sessions paid back people who gave him money for his campaigns.

Edited by Desertrat56

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Just ask the people in south texas what they think of Pete Sessions 8 mile long border wall from the gulf west for 8 miles along the rio grande river, which is considered the actual border.   There are laws about how close you can build to a river and since the wall was on our side, our people lost the use of their land.  There is a country club that ended up on the wrong side of that wall.    You make a very good point about the private property and how the owners will loose their property to a stupid wall that won't make any difference except to the contractors bank accounts who get to build it.  That was how Pete Sessions paid back people who gave him money for his campaigns.

And so far, Mexico has not contributed a nickel.

Doug

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Doug1066 said:

And so far, Mexico has not contributed a nickel.

Doug

Nor has it resolved any immigration issues.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Nor has it resolved any immigration issues.

It's better for Mexico's economy to send workers to the US, who then send money home.

Doug

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 7:14 PM, Doug1066 said:

Doug

Trump re-fenced 450+ miles of existing much simpler fencing. He'd have done more, but struggled with Congress refusing him over it repeatedly. And liberal organizations suing him over it.

Myself, I kind of feel about it like I do about the Build Back Better. Since it's not going to happen... we can't know if it was going to work as advertised. 

The Border Patrol seemed all in favor, but butterfly naturalists, and those who profit off the Latin vote, were against.

I'd gladly pay 2 billion dollars, or the whole 30 billion, to get a contiguous and protected border, such as every nation has, if it so desires. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-02-07/how-much-of-president-donald-trumps-border-wall-was-built

The vast majority of the 458 miles were constructed in places where some kind of barrier already existed, but most of the preexisting structures were far less imposing than the new wall and included fencing and rudimentary technical barriers. 

• Like 1

I was happy that he was attempting to help stop the flow across the southern border.   biden hasn't done anything.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

stop the flow across the southern border.   biden hasn't done anything.

Yes he did! He put Harris right on it. :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Trump re-fenced 450+ miles of existing much simpler fencing.

That was an upgrade already scheduled under Obama.  Trump liked to take credit for other people's work.  Of course, that's a common failing of politicians.

Doug

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Doug1066 said:

That was an upgrade already scheduled under Obama.  Trump liked to take credit for other people's work.  Of course, that's a common failing of politicians.

Doug

If it was scheduled, why did Trump take such a hit for it, and why wasn't the work completed by Joe?

Oh, yeah... politics... Democrats...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

If it was scheduled, why did Trump take such a hit for it, and why wasn't the work completed by Joe?

Oh, yeah... politics... Democrats...

No.  It takes time to get any big project up and running.  Logistics, etc.  Trump took the hit because he made such an issue of it.  People didn't realize it was already under way.

Doug

21 hours ago, Myles said:

I was happy that he was attempting to help stop the flow across the southern border.   biden hasn't done anything.

If that was truly the case that the borders were open and easy to cross, people would not die being smuggled in semi trailers.  Covid helped more than either president to slow down border crossings.

I suppose the question depends on point of view:  best for America, best for China, best for Russia, or best for NK?

For the US, he made the treaty with the Taliban to get us out of Afghanistan.  Biden was left to do it, but Trump's  team couldn't have done better, Jared would have been in charge.  Painful as it was, we are out of Afghanistan.

Half of illegals just fly in and overstay their visas.

Trump had his four years to show progress/solve the problem and he didn't- so he got fired.  He could have done stuff like push for legislation changes on our asylum laws, but opted for a wall he couldn't complete and that didn't do anything to stop border crossings. (Not going to link the sawzall, cheap 5$ ladder, or people just plain climbing over again.)

I mean, I guess you can say he set up hurdles that increased migrant death rate- if you see that as a plus.

• Like 2

Does anyone see the irony that the border wall was "too expensive" to fund, yet congress has given 4 times that amount to Ukraine to "protect their borders"?

Ukrainians deserve secure borders, but the USA doesn't? 

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

Does anyone see the irony that the border wall was "too expensive" to fund, yet congress has given 4 times that amount to Ukraine to "protect their borders"?

Ukrainians deserve secure borders, but the USA doesn't? 

It's not too expensive, it's just a waste of money because it doesn't work.  Texas could afford to build their own wall for instance, but instead just showboat their "Operation Lonestar" and give immigrants free (well Texas tax payer paid for) trips to DC.