Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

" I Know What I Saw " documentary

TrumanB

What do you think of this film? Many testimonies by pilots who seem very assured in what they saw. One even explained how he sat next to the spacecraft and felt its heat. Also, Iranian  pilot looked very convinced.

Edited by TrumanB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am a believer beyond reasonable doubt. How many strong cases are out there? I don't keep a list. 

• Like 2

No time during the week, but I'll likely give it a watch this weekend.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I believe in pilots. I just do.

These guys are not getting rich doing a “circuit” like many will have you believe.

If you have a question about what type of wood a board is, ask a cabinet maker.

if you have a question about what a light is above the cloud level, ask a pilot.

The main thing people need to remember is that earth technology is far far ahead of what we think it is. So what are the pilots seeing?

• Like 1

Pilots 'see' the same as everyone else, and are no more and no less likely to be able to interpret anything out of the ordinary.

There are many well-attested cases of pilots seeing 'ufos' that turned out to be Venus, meteors etc. A couple of examples:

https://www.seeker.com/airplane-ufo-or-venus-1765746736.html

https://www.dw.com/en/ufos-spotted-by-airline-pilots-flying-over-ireland/a-46268524

This doesn't mean there aren't sightings by pilots that are genuinely intriguing or hard to explain, but the notion that pilots are 'highly trained observers' (by whom? in what?) or experts in all things celestial is, in my opinion, bunk.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Mantel died chasing too high a "UFO" that he didnt know what it was,

Martin Caidin a lifelong pilot and writer who was far from a skeptic was part of the military's investagation and he concluded Mantel crashed chasing a skyhook balloon which he wasnt familiar with.

No, pilots are no better observers than the next person, they do have time in the air and might see things some of us are not accustomed to seeing it doesnt make something a pilot sees that he doesnt understand "alien"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I can't see any reason not to believe them.

31 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, pilots are no better observers than the next person

They probably are better in that they wouldn't be intoxicated and would be of fair intellect, we hope.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, openozy said:

I can't see any reason not to believe them.

They probably are better in that they wouldn't be intoxicated and would be of fair intellect, we hope.

I flew once in my life, that was enough for me,

i sure would hope pilots arent halfin the bag behind the stick but who knows,

I believe i babbled up my last reply and likely wont help much but i guess i was trying to say that i dont care who sees a UFO a lot of us do making that jump from "i dont know what it was" to "it must be aliens" isnt more credible just because a pilot says so,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

i dont care who sees a UFO a lot of us do making that jump from "i dont know what it was" to "it must be aliens" isnt more credible just because a pilot says so,

I get you, I remember a couple of cops in the Blue Mountains here swear they were followed by a flying saucer. I'll say no more, lol.

52 minutes ago, openozy said:

I get you, I remember a couple of cops in the Blue Mountains here swear they were followed by a flying saucer. I'll say no more, lol.

Its different but similar, lets compare pilots to coppers, like even highway patrol i puzts with customs and hot rods and would get pulled over, back 20-30 years ago more so, and not to sound arrogant but i knew more about vehical laws than they did,  pilots dont know everything about the friendly skies,

And remember when you saw that mongoose, polecat creature, you werent 100% sure at first what the devil it was, but you would qualify as savvy to to critters in your area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

nd remember when you saw that mongoose, polecat creature, you werent 100% sure at first what the devil it was, but you would qualify as savvy to to critters in your area.

Good memory bats, I didn't know because it was a unusual sight,who would keep one as a pet until I read about the old releases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In my case once i saw a very common ( seldom seen ) florida woodpecker i was sure it was some wild exotic from a zoo or theme park, my neighbor had a great laugh.

Another neighbor swore a large moth was a hummingbird...you get the idea.

Have a good one, i gotta rack out.

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2021 at 1:18 PM, TrumanB said:

What do you think of this film? Many testimonies by pilots who seem very assured in what they saw. One even explained how he sat next to the spacecraft and felt its heat. Also, Iranian  pilot looked very convinced.

I think it's a funny 12 year old "documentary". Mostly conjecture and rubbish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I recall the first time i went on "the net" i babysat for an ex, there roommate had a computer and aol pay as you go, remember that shi...?

The first thing i entered was "patterson bigfoot film" back then there wasnt all that much out there yet.

And when i left that night i realized documentaries are not facts they are presented for entertainment i also knew the pgf was a huge hoax, not that i believed it before that night,

Now there is a zillion times more info on any subject i just cant grasp why people dont do some research on cases they have interest in, fluff TV shows are not the way to facts.

• Like 1

I'm not doubting that some people who say they saw something, saw 'something'. I'm also convinced that whatever they saw was not aliens from somewhere else in the galaxy.

I remember one time, it was sometime between 2010 and 2015, I arrived a little earlier than usual at work that morning and I was actually the first one in our office space, which was unusual because I was typically one of the last there, lol, not a morning person. 

But anyway, one of my co-workers then arrived and he was just walking abound the office, looking around. And I started thinking 'what is he doing?'. So then he walks up to me, still looking around and acting strangely and then he leans over and whispers to me 'Hey, I think I saw a UFO!'. I said 'Why are you whispering? No one else is here'. So he's still looking around and whispering again he says 'No, please don't tell anyone, they'll make fun of me, I saw a UFO!'. He looked startled. So then he tells me he was driving, I know the highway and exactly where he was. And he said people were pulled over looking at this large shiny silver object that was just hovering right over the highway. There was actually a report of it on the news. I don't doubt the guy saw 'something'. 

Still cannot figure out why there are no clear video of these UFOs. I've personally never seen anything like that and don't know what people are seeing, except that it's not aliens. The military could have some craft that the public does not know about, so there's a realistic option. Not sure if that's possible really. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, the13bats said:

I recall the first time i went on "the net" i babysat for an ex, there roommate had a computer and aol pay as you go, remember that shi...?

I actually remember earlier than that. Back when the internet was first a thing, I was finishing my Compsci degree and a professor of mine had the internet. Almost no one had it, he's the only one I knew. 

One day he invited the entire class over to his house, the ones of us who wanted to go, so he could show us this wonderful internet thing. I went and I think there were 5 or 6 of us. I believe the OS back then was DOS 5.0. There was no Windows of any type OS. The internet was only text. My prof was a member of a 'chat room'. So he gets on there, just a black screen with green text. You could change the text color and he liked the green text. So he gets on there. He had his posting name and it was 'Prof'. 

So he's chatting away, a few people responding and then some guy says 'Hey man, it's the Prophet Man!'. My prof says 'Oh man, it's that guy again! I thought I blocked him!'. So he's typing, telling this guy 'Leave me alone! It's Prof, not Prophet, like in 'Professor!'. And the guy says 'OK, Prophet Man, tell us the future, will it rain today?'. Then my prof gets frustrated and says 'OK, I have to get off here, I have to block that guy!'. So then he started showing us some other things on the internet. 

Was interesting, witnessed my first Internet Troll, all those years ago before that term was even invented. 

• Like 1

Lots of passengers sitting in the seats next to windows. With a mobile phone that has a camera.

Six million people fly somewhere every day. 2 million have window seats.

2 million x 365 = 730,000,000 people a year. 

I would think we would have some decent videos.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I actually remember earlier than that. Back when the internet was first a thing, I was finishing my Compsci degree and a professor of mine had the internet. Almost no one had it, he's the only one I knew. 

One day he invited the entire class over to his house, the ones of us who wanted to go, so he could show us this wonderful internet thing. I went and I think there were 5 or 6 of us. I believe the OS back then was DOS 5.0. There was no Windows of any type OS. The internet was only text. My prof was a member of a 'chat room'. So he gets on there, just a black screen with green text. You could change the text color and he liked the green text. So he gets on there. He had his posting name and it was 'Prof'. 

So he's chatting away, a few people responding and then some guy says 'Hey man, it's the Prophet Man!'. My prof says 'Oh man, it's that guy again! I thought I blocked him!'. So he's typing, telling this guy 'Leave me alone! It's Prof, not Prophet, like in 'Professor!'. And the guy says 'OK, Prophet Man, tell us the future, will it rain today?'. Then my prof gets frustrated and says 'OK, I have to get off here, I have to block that guy!'. So then he started showing us some other things on the internet. 

Was interesting, witnessed my first Internet Troll, all those years ago before that term was even invented. 

I remember when it first came out also. Funny, we all thought it would be great for the world. Look at us now.

33 minutes ago, Sakari said:

I remember when it first came out also. Funny, we all thought it would be great for the world. Look at us now.

I myself had proclaimed it the greatest invention in human history. And it could have been. Now we have social media. We should have never invented the internet, it's going to destroy civilized society. Hate to have to say that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

it's going to destroy civilized society.

Very soon.

1 hour ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I myself had proclaimed it the greatest invention in human history. And it could have been. Now we have social media. We should have never invented the internet, it's going to destroy civilized society. Hate to have to say that. 

The Internet has been a godsend for a lot of us, though. Especially during quarantine.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The Internet has been a godsend for a lot of us, though. Especially during quarantine.

Yeah, I haven't been to the office for nearly a year now. And only went there about 50% of the year before that for the past 10 years. Hope to never go back. 

That being true, social media is still going to destroy humanity and none of the benefits will matter. /pessimism 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Yeah, I haven't been to the office for nearly a year now. And only went there about 50% of the year before that for the past 10 years. Hope to never go back. 

That being true, social media is still going to destroy humanity and none of the benefits will matter. /pessimism 

Social media is really toxic. I avoid using it as much as possible (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Social media is really toxic. I avoid using it as much as possible (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc)

I don't use it. It's sort of like driving here. You have the nicest people, who when put behind the wheel of a car, instantly turn into homicidal maniacs. 

If you want to turn the nicest people into jerks, put them behind the wheel, or behind a keyboard on the internet.

1 minute ago, Hyperionxvii said:

I don't use it. It's sort of like driving here. You have the nicest people, who when put behind the wheel of a car, instantly turn into homicidal maniacs. 

If you want to turn the nicest people into jerks, put them behind the wheel, or behind a keyboard on the internet.

Food for thought: which is their true personality--how they present themselves IRL, or behind a keyboard? :huh:

• Thanks 1