Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill to create Bigfoot 'hunting season'

Still Waters

A member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives has filed a bill that calls for the establishment of a Bigfoot hunting season in the state. The audacious idea is reportedly the brainchild of Rep. Justin Humphrey, who reportedly put forward the proposal on Wednesday. The fairly succinct resolution, which can be read here, states that "The Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation Commission shall promulgate rules establishing a big foot [sic] hunting season. The Commission shall set annual season dates and create any necessary specific hunting licenses and fees."

It remains to be seen whether or not the bill will wind up receiving a vote when the Oklahoma legislature meets on February 1st... 

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/oklahoma-lawmaker-files-bill-to-establish-bigfoot-hunting-season/

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/oklahoma-rep-bill-bigfoot-hunting-season

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2

What a ridiculous idea!

If we never see a Bigfoot again, it will be because they have been hunted to extinction. :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

People give me crap for not voting. This is what gets voted in

Regarding this, folks tell me, "the person is smart, it's people that are stupid!" 

No, the person is stupid. Very stupid

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 5

If anything should be killed it should be the idiot moron Rep who thought this would be a good idea. It is so sad and disheartening that we humans kill anything we don't understand rather than trying to learn and grow and kill animals and then call it sport. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Berwen said:

If anything should be killed it should be the idiot moron Rep who thought this would be a good idea. It is so sad and disheartening that we humans kill anything we don't understand rather than trying to learn and grow and kill animals and then call it sport. 

Rest assured, no bigfoot will be harmed by this bill, should it eventually pass.

• Like 5

There is enough hunting accidents already where humans are shot after being mistaken for deers/bears/whatever. Don't need to add in the possibility of hunting a bipedal humanoid creature to the mix, especially when there is no incredibly hard evidence of their existence. I have a feeling it won't go anywhere as these things are wont to do. However I can see this a way to get state funding into proving the existence of them or not.

"Oh I shot my friend when out hunting Bigfoot, see it was Bigfoot season and I saw a humanoid shape and I shot and I killed him. My wife is really upset about it too. They were very close."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I suspect this is a two part bill, one to earn a little money on licensing fees, and another to make it illegal to hunt in certain areas where people are claiming to be hunting big foot in order to get out of prosecution.  Or it is to limit the number of people trampling certain ares.  Considering it is giving jurisdiction to the Wildlife Conservation Commission I suspect it is an environmentally motivated bill.  The limit is that there is an actual "hunting season".  Like most game you are not allowed to hunt it except during a specific week or two every year. So people trampling the public lands looking for bigfoot can now only do it during big foot hunting season, and they have to buy a permit or license.   DUH!

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 5

Looks like the reading of the bill is slated for Feb 1st. So there probably won't be much more on this in the news for updates till after that. 

• Like 2

Are you kidding? You really want to send people out with guns to shoot this creature? Why? Just to prove it exists? If someone does shoot one, thus proving it's existence, will that be enough to cancel any more hunting seasons? Seems kind of stupid to me. Why not just leave Bigfoot alone, it hasn't hurt anyone as far as I've ever heard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cathya said:

Are you kidding? You really want to send people out with guns to shoot this creature? Why? Just to prove it exists? If someone does shoot one, thus proving it's existence, will that be enough to cancel any more hunting seasons? Seems kind of stupid to me. Why not just leave Bigfoot alone, it hasn't hurt anyone as far as I've ever heard.

I don't think it has anything to do with shooting big foot, it has to do with protecting public lands and making a little money.   The television companies that have big foot shows will have to pay to traipse around with their cameras only during one or two weeks during the year and any actual hunter will also have to treat it like hunting elk, once a year, buy a license or hunt on private land.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, cathya said:

See now, there's a thing. since it's up to that local agency to make the rules- they can specify what weaponry is acceptable or not. If hunting season can equate to not much more than birdwatching from stands or using calls or not... The agency could well declare no guns , archery, or trapping allowed for bigfoot hunting.  Or only allow bigfoot season in X places on parklands during X time of year if X passes are purchased. And just nope, busted the rest of the time. 

• Like 3

Sounds like a licence to murder someone,  I mistook Jimmy the Rat for a Bigfoot, yeah no worries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Sounds like a licence to murder someone,  I mistook Jimmy the Rat for a Bigfoot, yeah no worries.

No, hunters don't usually get away with that except for a vice president.  And I doubt any one is going to be hunting bigfoot with guns.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, hunters don't usually get away with that except for a vice president.  And I doubt any one is going to be hunting bigfoot with guns.

I would have thought BF may be the holy grail for the abominations they call trophy hunters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, openozy said:

I would have thought BF may be the holy grail for the abominations they call trophy hunters.

If they existed, but since no one has stuffed one and shown it off they either are very good at evasion or they don't exist.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

If they existed, but since no one has stuffed one and shown it off they either are very good at evasion or they don't exist.

I don't think they do exist even though I got a glimpse through the scrub of a dark red, shaggy coated animal that made my three mastiff/pitbull dogs run back to me while pig hunting in the Great Dividing Range over here. These dogs were scared of nothing. I still believe it may have been an escaped male lion so I backed off for obvious reasons. BF or Yowie did cross my mind for just a second but with the dogs frightened I headed away from it. There used to be a very suss animal park called the African Lion Safari on the edge of  Sydney near the ranges.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 4