Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Impeachment starts Monday

zep73

Trump will walk out squeeky clean.  He did everything by the Book!!!  Nothing is higher than the book of rules.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

He's out of Office so they should just let it go, but I think the reason is so he cannot hold public office again.

He will be able to hold office of his own because he is the best businessman in America.    America is just a bigger corporation.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• The title was changed to Trump Impeachment starts Monday

I edited the title and added in Trumps name to help avoid confusion about which impeachment process this topic is about. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I think it is the way to heal. The only way, actually. 

You've got a splinter in your nation's flesh. It literally tried to tear your nation apart. Wasn't big enough to do that, but it tried. No healing is possible until that splinter is taken out. It would just keep on causing inflammation of the surrounding tissue and possibly even causing a sepsis. It has to be taken out.  

Yes, I'm sure the 70 million people that voted for him think this is a great idea.  They will dance in the street, or maybe burn things in the street.  Whichever :clap:

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I think it is the way to heal. The only way, actually. 

You've got a splinter in your nation's flesh. It literally tried to tear your nation apart. Wasn't big enough to do that, but it tried. No healing is possible until that splinter is taken out. It would just keep on causing inflammation of the surrounding tissue and possibly even causing a sepsis. It has to be taken out.  

I agree with you on the points, but I wish it were as simple as that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yes, I'm sure the 70 million people that voted for him think this is a great idea.  They will dance in the street, or maybe burn things in the street.  Whichever :clap:

Ah, so they're Antifa? Because only Antifa is burning stuff. And it's all of them? Interesting. See, this is what happens when propaganda starts backfiring. 

You've seen - the whole world did - exactly how many true Trump believers there are, and that number is shrinking daily. Even that shaman from the attack on Capitol is complaining that he feels let down by Trump or something. 

Voting for Trump and dying for Trump are two very different things. And soon it'll be hard to find someone who will admit they voted for that embarrassment.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dreamer screamer said:

Trump will walk out squeeky clean.  He did everything by the Book!!!  Nothing is higher than the book of rules.

An impeachment doesnt require guilt of a crime, its a popularity vote.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Ah, so they're Antifa? Because only Antifa is burning stuff. And it's all of them? Interesting. See, this is what happens when propaganda starts backfiring. 

You've seen - the whole world did - exactly how many true Trump believers there are, and that number is shrinking daily. Even that shaman from the attack on Capitol is complaining that he feels let down by Trump or something. 

Voting for Trump and dying for Trump are two very different things. And soon it'll be hard to find someone who will admit they voted for that embarrassment.  

You are so right.  This doesn't seem petty at all. ;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree with you on the points, but I wish it were as simple as that.

I know it's not simple. But it has to be done. I believe you've got people wise and professional enough to do it precisely, without unnecessary damage.

It's extremely important that everything about Trump's "administration" and the coup attempt gets out in public. The conviction alone is not important, in my humble opinion. But it's extremely important that there's no shadow of doubt left who Trump was, who his enablers were, what was their goal and what methods they used. It's the only way to stop them from coming back, projecting their fascist methods and intentions on others, getting support of the spiteful and naive, until they find someone not stupid to actually seize the power. It would be cataclysmic mistake to confuse reconciliation (an absolutely needed and very possible process) for surrender to unrepentant totalitarians.  

In other words, Republicans have sane and constructive people too. It's their turn. Trumpers screwed up beyond repair. But it's their brand, doesn't have to be Republican... not anymore, hopefully.  

• Like 3

You are so right.  This doesn't seem petty at all. ;)

I'm always right, except when I'm wrong, and that's often enough :lol: 

Seriously now, as an outsider, I'd love to see the return of the unity in the US, in the sense of Americans not putting the party, any party, above nation anymore. This is what I want for my country too. If we don't have that, we might as well dismiss the whole country thing and go back to the caves. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm always right, except when I'm wrong, and that's often enough :lol: 

Seriously now, as an outsider, I'd love to see the return of the unity in the US, in the sense of Americans not putting the party, any party, above nation anymore. This is what I want for my country too. If we don't have that, we might as well dismiss the whole country thing and go back to the caves. 

I don't think that will happen.  Being from Washington state I know many democrats and they truly believe republicans are evil.  I mean like nazi evil.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, South Alabam said:

He's out of Office so they should just let it go, but I think the reason is so he cannot hold public office again.

The problem I have with this sentiment is that it essentially gives a sitting President the power to do whatever he chooses as long as there's not time to hold a trial for impeachment afterwards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don't think that will happen.  Being from Washington state I know many democrats and they truly believe republicans are evil.  I mean like nazi evil.  

Being from the South I know a lot of people who believe the same thing about democrats. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It was quite easy to get that impression lately, to be honest. There are honourable exceptions, but an average Republican did watch Trump smear his literally anti-American and literally totalitarian dirt on everything, Constitution and Capitol included. 

Republican party members seem to be prone to hold the party line. Which is a little oldfashioned, but doesn't have to be evil, if the party platform is not evil. And Trump's platform was cartoonishly evil. But thank god, everyone involved was cartoonishly incompetent.

Anyway. If the sane and constructive people take over, it could be the end of the decades of degrading in that part of your political life. It's not naivety speaking, it's just common sense: the hostile, spiteful, shortsighted political model has reached the bottom. It doesn't generate profit anymore, in power or in finances. Yes, I know, it's always possible to start digging lower, but it's not likely.   

It's absolutely time for a new, non-Nazi (yeah, Trump was spouting quasi-Nazi crap, you can't fool Europeans about that) and reAmericanized image of the Republicans. Hopefully, the abomination will form its own party and make the task easier for the sane Republicans. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Being from the South I know a lot of people who believe the same thing about democrats. 

And that is the biggest problem we have, there is no "indivisible" in the pledge any more, just polarized fear and hate that has no reason to it.

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Exactly

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It was quite easy to get that impression lately, to be honest. There are honourable exceptions, but an average Republican did watch Trump smear his literally anti-American and literally totalitarian dirt on everything, Constitution and Capitol included. 

Republican party members seem to be prone to hold the party line. Which is a little oldfashioned, but doesn't have to be evil, if the party platform is not evil. And Trump's platform was cartoonishly evil. But thank god, everyone involved was cartoonishly incompetent.

Anyway. If the sane and constructive people take over, it could be the end of the decades of degrading in that part of your political life. It's not naivety speaking, it's just common sense: the hostile, spiteful, shortsighted political model has reached the bottom. It doesn't generate profit anymore, in power or in finances. Yes, I know, it's always possible to start digging lower, but it's not likely.   

It's absolutely time for a new, non-Nazi (yeah, Trump was spouting quasi-Nazi crap, you can't fool Europeans about that) and reAmericanized image of the Republicans. Hopefully, the abomination will form its own party and make the task easier for the sane Republicans. 

They said the exact same thing about Obama (believe it or not)  This goes much deeper than trump

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

And that is the biggest problem we have, there is no "indivisible" in the pledge any more, just polarized fear and hate that has no reason to it.

Is it the media's fault too? People are flooded with polarized views from various talking heads, that happen to be empty too. 

I'm not saying you can civilize a backward person overnight, but if they keep being driven into panic and hostility by the media... 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
english... sometimes I don't speak it
  • Like 2

They said the exact same thing about Obama (believe it or not)  This goes much deeper than trump

Oh, I believe it. Now the sane part of the world's population has the answer to the perplexing question - why are American troglodytes accusing Obama of wanting to install himself for a dictator, for life, for whatnot, going against Constitution etc... projection. Classic projection. Every single thing they were raving Obama will do is what they attempted to do. 

• Like 2