Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Impeachment starts Monday

zep73

21 hours ago, joc said:

Do you think anybody on the planet alive during the Spanish Flu Pandemic was saying ...I don't believe this is all it's touted to be?  Hell no.  Know why...because people were literally dying everywhere. 

Roughly 3/4 of a million dead in 2 years in the U.S.  Millions globally, and did we see the sheer hysteria from that?  Hell, people today are acting like this is TEOTWAWKI.

Those today who want to behave like a police state is a GOOD thing, should be ashamed to see this next video:

Children saw much of what was happening and this was their response  -

3 hours ago, Agent0range said:

When you tell a mob of armed uneducated militia members that they need to march down to the capital building and be strong, they can't be weak...do you think he's telling them to go down there and wave their cute little flags?

When he tells them to PEACEFULLY protest I suspect he expected peacefulness.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, President Wearer of Hats said:

When he tells them to PEACEFULLY protest I suspect he expected peacefulness.

Unlike the protests/riots that have been going on for almost a year. Democrats have fully supported and justified their actions.

The small, minority business owners were hit the hardest. They, politicians that is. are just too stupid to see it.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

On 1/15/2021 at 5:36 PM, toast said:

it is really frightening with what audacity the trumpies try to portray the attack on the capitol as being as harmless as the visit of a japanese tourist group.

For the most part, once inside the building, they behaved pretty similarly. There was no vandalism or damage, other than taking the podium as a keepsake :P 

18 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Re bolden - it shows clearly what was was happening during the time that Trump refused to act - to call back the insurgents or to authorise support for the security forces. 

At the least, it shows the results of his Inaction. 

Umm.. that's simply not correct ? The breach happened at 14:00 (approx). Trump made his first call for peaceful, lawful behavior at 15:00. It was pretty much all over by 18:00. 

Trump had ALREADY approved deployment of the DC National Guard DAYS previously. But they where mostly on traffic duty to release DC Police to man the actual demonstration (at the insistence of the Mayor, who didn't fancy the 'optics' of armed NG on the steps of the capitol). It took time to recall the NG back to their armoury, equip them, and then redeploy them, by which time it was almost over. 

You have to recall that Trump is not DIRECTLY in control of the DC NG. That power resides in the Pentagon, via the Secretary of Defense (or the Secretary of the Army). But as I've already said, the DCNG where already on the scene. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, razman said:

The District of Columbia has its own criminal code, which says anyone who “willfully incites or urges other persons to engage in a riot”   --- He didn't do this?

Correct. He didn't do this. 

• Like 1

Hearing those speeches yesterday, given by these managers makes me think, for the first time in my life that the Democrats have some true giants among them.

I don’t think I’ve said, “Amen,” outside of church, so many times in my life.

These men were filled with the simple inspiration of Truth. So refreshing after four years of endless lies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Time for a musical interlude.

• Like 1

Political Cartoons by AF Branco

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Agent0range said:

When you tell a mob of armed uneducated militia members that they need to march down to the capital building and be strong, they can't be weak...do you think he's telling them to go down there and wave their cute little flags?

I didn't see you on here condemning the Democrats who urged the violent, destructive, thieving, uneducated protestors to keep it up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I didn't see you on here condemning the Democrats who urged the violent, destructive, thieving, uneducated protestors to keep it up.

My memory is a little bit hazy and selective.  Remind me of the times governors or even the crazy mayors of Seattle and Portland  tweeted or spoke to protestors and told them they had to loot more buildings or break into the Federal building and fight for their rights and the very existence of their country.   I seem to recall Biden speaking out back when Portland protests were at their height.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-biden-condemn-violence/fact-check-joe-biden-has-condemned-violent-protests-in-the-last-three-months-idUSKBN25V2O1

On August 30, Joe Biden condemned violence at protests in Portland (here) by releasing a statement on his campaign website (here), which said, “The deadly violence we saw overnight in Portland is unacceptable […] as a country we must condemn the incitement of hate and resentment that led to this deadly clash. It is not a peaceful protest when you go out spoiling for a fight.” 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

My memory is a little bit hazy and selective.  Remind me of the times governors or even the crazy mayors of Seattle and Portland  tweeted or spoke to protestors and told them they had to loot more buildings or break into the Federal building and fight for their rights and the very existence of their country.

It's a moot point because Trump never encouraged anyone to do anything except protest, but...

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler joined the protests in Oregon’s largest city as demonstrators continued to clash with Department of Homeland Security forces deployed by the Trump administration near the federal courthouse.

It didn’t go well for Wheeler, who was hit by tear gas from the officers and jeered by the protesters. Demonstrators frustrated with his handling of the city’s police department and his belated show of support for the protests chanted “**** Ted Wheeler” and called on him to resign. The protests have been occurring since late May following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

https://news.yahoo.com/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-booed-gassed-protests-federal-law-enforcement-131548335.html

Attorney General William Barr asked federal prosecutors to explore possible criminal charges against Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan for allowing protesters to establish the autonomous, police-free protest zone on Capitol Hill, which was also known as CHOP, this summer, The New York Times reported.

https://www.kiro7.com/home/ag-barr-asked-federal-prosecutors-explore-criminal-charges-against-seattle-mayor-durkan-over-chop-report-says/IOPUU5GX2JA2DAUQUHVJ2YKUFU/

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Breaking News from the Clown Network! 

What a scoop!!! World breaking news from Acosta...

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Lock her Up! 

:D 

Signed... The Savior of Benghazi...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

It's a moot point because Trump never encouraged anyone to do anything except protest, but...

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler joined the protests in Oregon’s largest city as demonstrators continued to clash with Department of Homeland Security forces deployed by the Trump administration near the federal courthouse.

It didn’t go well for Wheeler, who was hit by tear gas from the officers and jeered by the protesters. Demonstrators frustrated with his handling of the city’s police department and his belated show of support for the protests chanted “**** Ted Wheeler” and called on him to resign. The protests have been occurring since late May following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

https://news.yahoo.com/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-booed-gassed-protests-federal-law-enforcement-131548335.html

Attorney General William Barr asked federal prosecutors to explore possible criminal charges against Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan for allowing protesters to establish the autonomous, police-free protest zone on Capitol Hill, which was also known as CHOP, this summer, The New York Times reported.

https://www.kiro7.com/home/ag-barr-asked-federal-prosecutors-explore-criminal-charges-against-seattle-mayor-durkan-over-chop-report-says/IOPUU5GX2JA2DAUQUHVJ2YKUFU/

Insurrection is FINE, if done for a noble Democrat cause.

(Sarcasm)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

My memory is a little bit hazy and selective.  Remind me of the times governors or even the crazy mayors of Seattle and Portland  tweeted or spoke to protestors and told them they had to loot more buildings or break into the Federal building and fight for their rights and the very existence of their country.   

Mayor Wheeler did go down to the Federal Courthouse riots and throw a symbolic bit of trash in support. Later, when he wouldn't continue to support them, they blocked his condo entrance and lite fires in his lobby.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Michelle said:

Unlike the protests/riots that have been going on for almost a year. Democrats have fully supported and justified their actions.

The small, minority business owners were hit the hardest. They, politicians that is. are just too stupid to see it.

In Portland even big corporate businesses, like Microsoft, have left the downtown area for the suburbs. Many small businesses have simply closed up forever.

Mayor Wheeler said he'd fix it, (because it is entirely his fault) but so far I've not seen it getting better. He did say he was going to be "hard" on rioters going forward.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Agent0range said:

What were they armed with? Which militia? 

Oh, that's right you're just being dramatic to insight an emotional response rather then a logical one.

• Thanks 3

Edited by Davros of Skaro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The irony here is one corrupt set of politicians wanting their opponent locked up for leading an attempt to depose the little tyrants to `protect democracy`.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

Thanks, of course many of us voted against Ted Wheeler in the following election,   Although he met with protesters and said the city would examine their grievances, ( they did not) neither side liked how he handled the situation.   I recall him expressing sympathy for the BLM grievance of unequal treatment by police, but I do not recall him saying they should march on the Federal Building as a consequence.  Also, I do not recall him saying the rioters including Antifa were great people that he loved and they had been cheated out of their birthright of equal treatment and had to fight to retake their country and their rights.  I don't recall any of the rioters on the scene saying they were doing it for Ted Wheeler or that Ted Wheeler had invited them to enter the Federal Building and anybody that stood in their way was a traitor.

Prior to that demonstration I do not recall Wheeler offering to pay any protestors bail if they punched someone in the face or that the police should not be too gentle  with suspects and bang their heads on the squad car doors as they threw them in. 

I don't think he altered a city permit to allow protestors to march to the Federal Building or that he met with BLM protesters in the months preceding telling them the cops were definitely in the wrong and they were being cheated out of their rights as Americans.

Of course it is right and just that DOJ under Barr should investigate both the mayor of Seattle and they mayor of Portland.  I don't know what the result of that investigation was.  I do know that both Portland and Seattle suffered; Seattle especially for allowing a violent group of protestors to disrupt the city by threat and escape consequences.  Both of those mayors seemed inept in their handling of the protests.  If their activity was also criminal, they should face the consequences.

I would hate to think that anybody as incompetent as Ted Wheeler would ever be President of the United States or that if the BLM protestors had marched on City Hall, Ted Wheeler would have told the protestors that the city council were traitors who did not do the right thing for their cause.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Also, I do not recall him saying the rioters including Antifa were great people that he loved and they had been cheated out of their birthright of equal treatment and had to fight to retake their country and their rights.  I don't recall any of the rioters on the scene saying they were doing it for Ted Wheeler or that Ted Wheeler had invited them to enter the Federal Building and anybody that stood in their way was a traitor.

If you are attributing something Trump said or how you interpreted it you will have to more specific. I focused more on his policies than the BS.

• Like 2