Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Impeachment starts Monday

zep73

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well good.  We have moved into a stage where an executive is more important than the Constitution.  Can't wait to see how the Dems exercise their new found freedom.

I agree and think they have set a dangerous precedent.  I suspect either more people will be  voting  3rd party or 1984 & Brave New World type government will come out of hiding.  Everyone who is not compliant with the dictatorship of the corporations will be drugged and the monitoring that has been mostly subversive will be obvious and we will have no "right" to complain about it.

4 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Statement from President Trump: 

20210213_131009.thumb.jpg.c016fec404c255477238ea88c740c92a.jpg

20210213_131011.jpg

Can you give source links for your quoted material please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Statement from President Trump

Look out for multiple 5-alarm fires to break out all over the places that vote blue.  Even spontaneous human combustion wouldn't surprise me.  

• Haha 6

Just now, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Trump email

I think I had a conversation like this with someone else recently about email... was this an email sent to you personally, was it spam or not, did it link back to more official sources or not. 

Don't just CCP without sourcing it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rashore said:

I think I had a conversation like this with someone else recently about email... was this an email sent to you personally, was it spam or not, did it link back to more official sources or not. 

Don't just CCP without sourcing it. 

I signed up for it before all social media oligarchs banned him

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

I signed up for it before all social media oligarchs banned him

Well then, it isn't sourced. Don't do that. If whatever email you have isn't an official one, it's not OK to spread it like it is. If it turns out it is official copy, then source it. 

• 2c. Plagiarism and copyright: If you quote text from an external web site then please always provide a source link. Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages.

I understand if you are unwilling to share from your personal email too. If so, you still need to drop it till an official statement is released from Trump about this. 

This is a serious topic, and should be treated as such. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

Well then, it isn't sourced. Don't do that. If whatever email you have isn't an official one, it's not OK to spread it like it is. If it turns out it is official copy, then source it. 

• 2c. Plagiarism and copyright: If you quote text from an external web site then please always provide a source link. Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages.

I understand if you are unwilling to share from your personal email too. If so, you still need to drop it till an official statement is released from Trump about this. 

This is a serious topic, and should be treated as such. 

The dinosaur media: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fox8.com/news/former-president-trump-releases-statement-after-being-acquitted-in-impeachment-trial/amp/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

guilty 57  not guilty 43

Trump has been acquitted. No big surprise. Seven Republicans voted guilty.

How does 57 guilty , 43 not guilty translate to aquittal? Do they need 60 votes?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, razman said:

How does 57 guilty , 43 not guilty translate to aquittal? Do they need 60 votes?

No... the number of votes for conviction is 2/3rds or 67 votes to convict.  This is why the whole exercise was ridiculous from the beginning.  Impeachment is a political process and the Senators know that they can be held accountable to their constituencies in their next election.  Rand Paul called for a floor vote on the perceived Constitutionality of an impeachment after the defendant had left office and 45 Republicans voted no.  The Left knew, without any doubt that they would not prevail yet they dragged the country through this stupidity yet again.  I expect some if not all of the 7 Republicans who voted to convict, to be primaried and potentially replaced due to their vote today.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, razman said:

can't wrap your head around it, can you? lmao,

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

can't wrap your head around it, can you? lmao,

No i just didn't know how the process worked. Still seems a bit odd though. But i agree that if they needed 67 votes , i don't think that was gonna happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, razman said:

No i just didn't know how the process worked. Still seems a bit odd though. But i agree that if they needed 67 votes , i don't think that was gonna happen.

no one did, so why did they bother?

• Like 1

The dems have to keep up the Trump show for as long as they can, before people start paying attention to what they are actually doing, plus CNN will go bankrupt without that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

nobody thought that Trump would be convicted - that wasn't the point - the point was to show the world and Americans that Trump was responsible and that republicans lacked morals or courage. To that extent it seems to have been very successful 

After the Senate rendered its final verdict, Mitch McConnell, though he voted for acquittal, condemned Trump's behaviour and said he engaged in a "disgraceful dereliction of duty."  "There's no question that president Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day," McConnell said  Trump impeachment trial: What verdict means for Trump, Biden and America - BBC News

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, aztek said:

no one did, so why did they bother?

You’re wrong about that. The true believers did. 

• Like 1

I actually expected more republicans to vote to impeach to keep him from running again. They were pretty mad that he hijacked the party in 16

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Well good.  We have moved into a stage where an executive is more important than the Constitution.  Can't wait to see how the Dems exercise their new found freedom.

When you lower the bar to let a President who sexually assaulted a young girl in the oval office go scot free--then try to put him and his wife back in the White House, again--pretty much anything goes. It's hard to hold the moral high ground with your feet planted firmly in a swamp. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I actually expected more republicans to vote to impeach to keep him from running again. They were pretty mad that he hijacked the party in 16

I thought it was possible more would vote, though thought it unlikely - felt the vote on constitutionality were 5 republicans went against the party line was the likely outcome.  

given Mitch's words - its likely he wants the trump influence gone - but wants it removed using party mechanisms - perhaps?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1