Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Impeachment starts Monday

zep73

10 hours ago, joc said:

And all this time I was convinced you were a critical thinker.

It's a pity you don't put any critical aspects into discussion. You seem brainwashed to love Trump no matter what. I don't get it. Billions don't. Must be a US thing. 

All you have done is badly excuse Trump's disgusting behaviour and proclaim anyone that doesn't like him must be a media robot. If anyone is acting 1984 here it's your undivided loyalty to Trump.  

I'm not seeing any critical thinking in that whatsoever. Perhaps you might explain it. 

Edited by psyche101

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Not saying it will. I'm saying history will remember Pelosi as an idiot. Or at least that she is co-responsible for the environment we find ourselves in.

I got nothing :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joc said:

My wife tells me things she reads on the news.   I tell her, I don't believe anything from the media.  Nothing!  Period!  They have all shown themselves to be liars.  The modus operandi is to take a kernel of truth and fabricate a narrative around it.  Today's narrative is....the numbers are dropping!  yeah...right

If you don't believe anything, don't listen to anything, and just default to the opposite of anything you do hear, doesn't that leave you with only one option?

Making crap up? 

That's better than media somehow?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

If you don't believe anything, don't listen to anything, and just default to the opposite of anything you do hear, doesn't that leave you with only one option?

Making crap up? 

That's better than media somehow?

I don't make up anything.  I don't have a narrative.  I go to work, take care of my business, come home, take care of my family.  That's about it.  But I know when I'm being played.

Look, I don't have a radio or stereo in my truck...so I listen to nothing in my truck...I pretty much have to pay attention to traffic...a good thing.  I don't watch the evening news...I don't click on Drudge...I don't look at anything except what goes on right here...but even still...looking up something on line...pulling up the weather radars...you cannot get away from the never ending drumbeat of Media news stories.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't make up anything.  I don't have a narrative.  I go to work, take care of my business, come home, take care of my family.  That's about it.  But I know when I'm being played.

Look, I don't have a radio or stereo in my truck...so I listen to nothing in my truck...I pretty much have to pay attention to traffic...a good thing.  I don't watch the evening news...I don't click on Drudge...I don't look at anything except what goes on right here...but even still...looking up something on line...pulling up the weather radars...you cannot get away from the never ending drumbeat of Media news stories.  

So if you have no connection to the outside world, how can you possibly know what is going on, or what is a fair comment about current affairs? 

With those as options, how can you not be making up everything as you go along? You don't have the information to make a fair evaluation to begin with. 

All you are doing is championing the opposite of what you hear aren't you? 

• Like 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

So if you have no connection to the outside world, how can you possibly know what is going on, or what is a fair comment about current affairs? 

With those as options, how can you not be making up everything as you go along? You don't have the information to make a fair evaluation to begin with. 

All you are doing is championing the opposite of what you hear aren't you? 

I just said psyche that you cannot get away from the Media.  What I am saying is that I don't care what they say.  I don't believe them.  I have watched them for decades and decades...it's the same playbook...

Are you seriously trying to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to the Media?  I watched the way they treated Nixon.  How they treated Reagan...and the Bushes...and Trump.  I've been watching them my whole life.  The Media is pretty much an extension of the Democrat Party.  They are One.  They never treat the other side of the aisle impartial.  It's a game they play.  

I don't care what they say.  I don't care what they don't say.  After watching the debacle with so called Trump Collusion, being lied to by the CIA, the FBI, the Obama Administration, and everything I've seen the Media say and do along those lines for 50 years...I don't care.

And anyone who believes them is in my humble opinion...unaware of the serpent they dance with.

Like the story where the old man on the mountain feels pity for a rattle snake.  When they get down from the cold mountain, the old man takes the snake out of his coat and it promptly bites him in the neck.  He said, But you promised you wouldn't bite me.  Well, said the rattlesnake, I am a rattlesnake.  

If you trust the Media...you do so at your own peril.  And you do so out of ignorance of what the Media actually is.  Nothing conspiratorial here.  I lived it. 

3 minutes ago, joc said:

I just said psyche that you cannot get away from the Media.  What I am saying is that I don't care what they say.  I don't believe them.  I have watched them for decades and decades...it's the same playbook...

Are you seriously trying to tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to the Media?  I watched the way they treated Nixon.  How they treated Reagan...and the Bushes...and Trump.  I've been watching them my whole life.  The Media is pretty much an extension of the Democrat Party.  They are One.  They never treat the other side of the aisle impartial.  It's a game they play.  

I don't care what they say.  I don't care what they don't say.  After watching the debacle with so called Trump Collusion, being lied to by the CIA, the FBI, the Obama Administration, and everything I've seen the Media say and do along those lines for 50 years...I don't care.

And anyone who believes them is in my humble opinion...unaware of the serpent they dance with.

Like the story where the old man on the mountain feels pity for a rattle snake.  When they get down from the cold mountain, the old man takes the snake out of his coat and it promptly bites him in the neck.  He said, But you promised you wouldn't bite me.  Well, said the rattlesnake, I am a rattlesnake.  

If you trust the Media...you do so at your own peril.  And you do so out of ignorance of what the Media actually is.  Nothing conspiratorial here.  I lived it. 

It's the only place where you have a chance of hearing both sides of the story, unless one only wishes to hear one side. There's no need for blind beliefs these days. The internet gives access to several views, as well as the information used to derive the statistics and claims made. 

That's how one gathers information to make an informed decision. 

It's up the the individual. Not the pack fighting for your ten cents to buy a newspaper. Accountability. Seeking out all information. 

Fox News has been pro Trump all through the election until Trump started BSing about a stolen election. Sky News is still spreading propoganda supporting known lies Trump told that have been thrown out of every court in the US. Where do they fit into this democratic run media system? How are those heretics not burned at the stake? Have you seen the garbage right wing rag AT always quotes? The Epoch Times? It's a Trump promotion rag. There's plenty of Trump media. Problem is,nots laughable. It's full of the media liars you keep referencing.

The rattlesnake has several variations. I'm familiar with the fox and stream version. Problem is that Trump's the rattlesnake here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I don't believe them.  I have watched them for decades and decades...it's the same playbook.

If CNN says the sky is blue, I have to go outside to look because I'm sure it's not. If they say the sun rises in the East, I stay up all night to see, because I'm sure it's not true. They are not news, they are leftist propaganda, the English version of Pravda, only more disingenuous and hateful. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

If CNN says the sky is blue, I have to go outside to look because I'm sure it's not. If they say the sun rises in the East, I stay up all night to see, because I'm sure it's not true. They are not news, they are leftist propaganda, the English version of Pravda, only more disingenuous and hateful. 

That's what you should do.

Check with more sources.

If you consider any single one perfect, it's going let you down.

Journalists just report. There is no requirement for genius in journalism. I'm not sure why people expect that of it, or think it has an agenda. Journalists have to put food on the table like anyone. The more sensational a headline, the better that chance is. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

When Trump refused to attend inaugeration, don't you see that as one final flip of the bird to America on his way out? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

When Trump refused to attend inaugeration, don't you see that as one final flip of the bird to America on his way out? 

After putting up with ridiculous impeachment false narratives aided by the main stream media for 4 years? No. If you consider American the self proclaimed ruling class, then OK. If you consider America every day citizens, no, absolutely not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

After putting up with ridiculous impeachment false narratives aided by the main stream media for 4 years? No. If you consider American the self proclaimed ruling class, then OK. If you consider America every day citizens, no, absolutely not.

He won against the first impeachment. He hadn't bothered to show up for the second. If America is indeed about justice, shouldn't that be something to be proud of? Unless there's more to the story he doesn't want exposed? 

35 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

It's the only place where you have a chance of hearing both sides of the story, unless one only wishes to hear one side. There's no need for blind beliefs these days. The internet gives access to several views, as well as the information used to derive the statistics and claims made. 

That's how one gathers information to make an informed decision. 

It's up the the individual. Not the pack fighting for your ten cents to buy a newspaper. Accountability. Seeking out all information. 

Fox News has been pro Trump all through the election until Trump started BSing about a stolen election. Sky News is still spreading propoganda supporting known lies Trump told that have been thrown out of every court in the US. Where do they fit into this democratic run media system? How are those heretics not burned at the stake? Have you seen the garbage right wing rag AT always quotes? The Epoch Times? It's a Trump promotion rag. There's plenty of Trump media. Problem is,nots laughable. It's full of the media liars you keep referencing.

The rattlesnake has several variations. I'm familiar with the fox and stream version. Problem is that Trump's the rattlesnake here. 

You are  caught up in the storm.  S t e p   away from the storm.  Watch it from a distance.  Just watch it.  The Media is CNN.  The Media is Fox News.  The Media is Skynews or whatever one is watching.  There are two sides of the story.  There is one Media.  The Main Stream Media divides people.  That is what they do.  CNN divides people.  FoxNews divides people.  Talk radio divides people.  

There is nothing that goes on in the world that I really need to know.  I don't think knowing what is going on elsewhere is entertaining.  Watch them.  I'm not going to.  Listen to them.  I'm not going to.  Believe them.  I'm not going to.  You are part of it...so you have to.  I walked away from Belief in the Media.  Just like I walked away from Belief in The Bible.  You are still in the forest my friend.  Good luck.

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's what you should do.

Check with more sources.

If you consider any single one perfect, it's going let you down.

Very true. Thats what I usually do. If I read a story on FOX, I try to looking for corroborating articles. If CNN, the same. Either by itself, any source by itself, if very weak, IMHO. 

Journalists just report. There is no requirement for genius in journalism. I'm not sure why people expect that of it, or think it has an agenda. Journalists have to put food on the table like anyone. The more sensational a headline, the better that chance is.

Except, and I've seen this numerous times, many times from CNN specifically, every single word, every fact, can be completely true, and yet be presented in a way to show such bias as to make the facts mean something other then reality.

Factual doesn't always mean "true".

And, many of these reporters, regardless of if they write a neutral piece, will have their article edited heavily by their Editor, or at the direction of the company Owner even.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Journalists just report. There is no requirement for genius in journalism.

They don't report.  And there is no requirement for genius in journalism.  You are right there.  But they don't report.  Unless you consider taking the AP news feed and regurgitating it reporting. 

Who is it in the AP that you trust?  It all comes from them my friend.  In some variance.  It all comes from them.  New York Times, CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, FOX...it all originates with the AP.  Want to do some research...research the AP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

It's a pity you don't put any critical aspects into discussion. You seem brainwashed to love Trump no matter what. I don't get it. Billions don't. Must be a US thing.

I don't love Trump.  I like the guy.  I didn't let the media change my mind.  I think for myself.  

BUT...I'm not even talking about Trump.  I'm talking and have been talking about the Media.  You are the one obsessed with Trump not me.  And you got that obsession from the Media.  

Forget Trump.  He's gone.  Why are you still obsessing about him?  Move on already.  On to the next Bad Guy.  Hmmm...who will it be?   Who ever has the balls to stick there head out...    I don't really see anyone except maybe Ted Cruz...is he the next Bad Guy?  Duh!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joc said:

You are  caught up in the storm.  S t e p   away from the storm.  Watch it from a distance.  Just watch it.  The Media is CNN.  The Media is Fox News.  The Media is Skynews or whatever one is watching.  There are two sides of the story.  There is one Media.  The Main Stream Media divides people.  That is what they do.  CNN divides people.  FoxNews divides people.  Talk radio divides people.  

I'd say there is even more than two sides.

And I think social media is far worse. People are taking stories of Facebook and Twitter as gospel. 

The only way one can watch is from a distance. The media forces that. Too many stories have too many conclusions. They can't possibly all be correct. Simple logic demands multiple sources.

There is nothing that goes on in the world that I really need to know.  I don't think knowing what is going on elsewhere is entertaining.  Watch them.  I'm not going to.  Listen to them.  I'm not going to.  Believe them.  I'm not going to.  You are part of it...so you have to.  I walked away from Belief in the Media.  Just like I walked away from Belief in The Bible.  You are still in the forest my friend.  Good luck.

Media doesn't require belief. It's accountable, as Gulliani and Powell are finding out. 

You can't judge the Bible without reading it. It's just a book on a shelf. Even then one needs a knowledge of science to show it is incorrect and full of contradictions.

Sure one can walk away. I just find it prudent to know what you are actually walking away from and why. 

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Nobody showed up to the Inaguration from the 81 million who supposedly voted for the old fart. In fact, nobody was permitted except those on the guest list. And it was heavily guarded by  thousands of military and razor wire fencing that looked like something in the fortified green zone Baghdad. 

Edited by President-Elect Acidhead
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Very true. Thats what I usually do. If I read a story on FOX, I try to looking for corroborating articles. If CNN, the same. Either by itself, any source by itself, if very weak, IMHO. 

Yes you do. You support your arguments very well. I've always respected that about you. 

Exactly right, not only media but court transcripts, biographies, journals. 

Getting to the truth of the matter requires effort and a good shovel. Not an ability to swallow large objects whole. 

Except, and I've seen this numerous times, many times from CNN specifically, every single word, every fact, can be completely true, and yet be presented in a way to show such bias as to make the facts mean something other then reality.

Factual doesn't always mean "true".

Bit the above methods should clear that up right? 

And, many of these reporters, regardless of if they write a neutral piece, will have their article edited heavily by their Editor, or at the direction of the company Owner even.

100%

Ive seen a TV show pulled of air live because of its content. 

It's not some big monster. It's just people being people. Personal accountability goes a long way there. Most people have a bias. If they write something, that will carry through. 

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'd say there is even more than two sides.

And I think social media is far worse. People are taking stories of Facebook and Twitter as gospel. 

The only way one can watch is from a distance. The media forces that. Too many stories have too many conclusions. They can't possibly all be correct. Simple logic demands multiple sources.

Media doesn't require belief. It's accountable, as Gulliani and Powell are finding out. 

You can't judge the Bible without reading it. It's just a book on a shelf. Even then one needs a knowledge of science to show it is incorrect and full of contradictions.

Sure one can walk away. I just find it prudent to know what you are actually walking away from and why. 

I'm walking away from the Media Show.  I don't know what you are even talking about with Gulliani and Powell.  All I know is that they are on the wrong side of the Media Giants and so they are targeted.  It's all a power play.  I'm not playing.  Don't need to know.  Don't care to know.  I don't care. Nothing on Social Media or MainStreamMedia affects my life in the least.  Local Media...that can affect my life.  But usually only consequentially from maybe...the weather.  I don't care what the government says or does.  I don't care what Hollywood says or does.  I don't care what music they play on the radio.  I don't care. But that is all part of my idea of living a stress free life.

I enjoy talking to you. Because I like you.  I don't judge you because you hate Trump...that's your deal.  I refuse to be divided against people I like by the media.  See how that works?

But in reality...I think The Media is controlled by a completely separate entity!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joc said:

They don't report.  And there is no requirement for genius in journalism.  You are right there.  But they don't report.  Unless you consider taking the AP news feed and regurgitating it reporting. 

Yes, that's journalism. Especially in this day and age. Google is in a fight with our government for doing just that. Linking to sites without any recognition for what produced said headlines. 

Would, 

Change of Government

Sell more papers than

STOLEN ELECTION - VOTER FRAUD RAMPANT!!!!?

I really don't think so.

That's the hand that afoot. And the people are demanding it. 70 million voted for Trump, many refuse to accept he lost. 80 million voted for Biden.

Both sides want to be told they are right. 

24 minutes ago, joc said:

Who is it in the AP that you trust?  It all comes from them my friend.  In some variance.  It all comes from them.  New York Times, CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, FOX...it all originates with the AP.  Want to do some research...research the AP.

As I said earlier. The sources that are used to create those narratives.

For me, the most neutral source is our ABC. Not yours, the Australian Broadcasting Commission. 

51 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't love Trump.  I like the guy.  I didn't let the media change my mind.  I think for myself.  

Then frankly, I fail to see how you find redeeming features in Trump. He hasn't any. 

BUT...I'm not even talking about Trump.  I'm talking and have been talking about the Media.  You are the one obsessed with Trump not me.  And you got that obsession from the Media.  

No, you were referring to critical thinking as far as I'm aware. 

Forget Trump.  He's gone.  Why are you still obsessing about him?  Move on already.  On to the next Bad Guy.  Hmmm...who will it be?   Who ever has the balls to stick there head out...    I don't really see anyone except maybe Ted Cruz...is he the next Bad Guy?  Duh!

Because his legacy had tainted America's reputation. It's a global talking point. Ted Cruz is a BS artist too, just one without balls. 

How can you know about this of your not biased to right wing media? 

39 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Nobody showed up to the Inaguration from the 81 million who supposedly voted for the old fart. In fact, nobody was permitted except those on the guest list. And it was heavily guarded my thousands of military and razor wire fencing that looked like something in the fortified green zone Baghdad. 

Maybe he was expecting Trump to show? 

18 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Then frankly, I fail to see how you find redeeming features in Trump. He hasn't any. 

No, you were referring to critical thinking as far as I'm aware. 

Because his legacy had tainted America's reputation. It's a global talking point. Ted Cruz is a BS artist too, just one without balls. 

How can you know about this of your not biased to right wing media? 

I can see that you are on a side.  So...go your side!  Other side Baaaaad!   I'm not on a side of the political aisle.  There are some good Democrats and there are some horrendous ones.  There are some good Republicans and there are some horrendous ones.  

I don't hate anyone.  I refuse to hate who the media tells me i should hate.  And I don't dislike you because you hate Trump. It's just a game I'm not going to play  with you or anyone else.

I'm done with this conversation.  I might as well be having a conversation with Will Do.  He doesn't listen to me either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2