Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Impeachment starts Monday

zep73

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Oh, I believe it. Now the sane part of the world's population has the answer to the perplexing question - why are American troglodytes accusing Obama of wanting to install himself for a dictator, for life, for whatnot, going against Constitution etc... projection. Classic projection. Every single thing they were raving Obama will do is what they attempted to do. 

He did get caught on a hot-mike his first year saying something to the effect that if it wasn't for the constitution he could get things done.  It's a joke of course but probably not one a president should be heard making.

15 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Is it the media's fault too? People are flooded with polarized views from various talking heads, that happen to be empty too. 

I'm not saying you can civilize a backward person overnight, but if they keep being driven into panic and hostility by the media... 

It is partly the media's fault but you have to remember that those talking heads are being paid to say what they say, and any who won't go along with the agenda that what ever company has that hires then has no job, or like Linda Moulton Howe, has to find some other way to earn a living.  I am sure there are others, just don't know any of them.   It is true for any corporation or business, if you don't follow their rules or agenda you go somewhere else.   An example on a small scale is that I worked for a doctors practice (21 doctors) and I left a paper on the kitchen table at work that was about a chemical company doing something illegal.  I was reprimanded because Merk Pharmaceuticals owned that company and the doctors thought they were beholden to Merk for some reason.  It happens in all industries but it is most blatant in the media industries.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He did get caught on a hot-mike his first year saying something to the effect that if it wasn't for the constitution he could get things done.  It's a joke of course but probably not one a president should be heard making.

Now compare a joke that might be offensive to people who really want to be offended with anything Obama says, with Trump actually directing the mob, ex-military professionals included, to the Capitol, to force VP to ignore the Constitution and nullify the results of the most closely scrutinized elections ever. 

Compare the absolute lack of problems in transition from Obama to Trump, with Trump's treasonous tantrum. And I base my opinion just on the facts that were made public so far. 

And the same people who still claim they believe it was Obama who was dangerous and still claim they can't see any Trump's faults, would now want to change the meaning of the word "reconciliation" into "give us what we want and place us above any laws". 

To be honest, I think they've overestimated themselves. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Now compare a joke that might be offensive to people who really want to be offended with anything Obama says, with Trump actually directing the mob

It doesn't matter if you're partisan.

That's why further attacks on trump are not going to heal a rift it will further divide.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is partly the media's fault but you have to remember that those talking heads are being paid to say what they say, and any who won't go along with the agenda that what ever company has that hires then has no job, or like Linda Moulton Howe, has to find some other way to earn a living.  I am sure there are others, just don't know any of them.   It is true for any corporation or business, if you don't follow their rules or agenda you go somewhere else.   An example on a small scale is that I worked for a doctors practice (21 doctors) and I left a paper on the kitchen table at work that was about a chemical company doing something illegal.  I was reprimanded because Merk Pharmaceuticals owned that company and the doctors thought they were beholden to Merk for some reason.  It happens in all industries but it is most blatant in the media industries.

What I don't understand currently is why do media, that were heavily pro-Trump biased, still stick to that agenda. It's clearly spent. Gone. About to start making consequences instead of profit. Do they really rely on the permanent Trump cult, with membership numerous enough to make advertisers attracted? Or they're not just mere profit-seekers, but actual branches of political option that still doesn't give up on the attempt to turn the US totalitarian? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yes, I'm sure the 70 million people that voted for him think this is a great idea.  They will dance in the street, or maybe burn things in the street.  Whichever :clap:

Its time to put the 70M song into the bin because that number was generated before the stunt on January 6, 2021.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

It doesn't matter if you're partisan.

That's why further attacks on trump are not going to heal a rift it will further divide.

It does matter if you're not completely stupid. This Trump business has gone completely irrational. The reunification of the US is not possible by appeasing the irrational crowd. It's possible after joined de-trumpification efforts of both parties on national level. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Its time to put the 70M song into the bin because that number was generated before the stunt on January 6, 2021.

And some are much less outraged than others.  Time to get priorities straight, unify or divide?  Trump is gone.

• Like 2

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

It does matter if you're not completely stupid. 

That's what I said.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, if he is convicted then the taxpayers don't have to pay  for his secret service or his monthly stipend that all ex-presidents get.  Just on that the impeachment needs to continue.

As much as I dislike the guy, I thinking impeaching him for these reasons is a rather foolish one.  Out of all the presidents in my memory, he is the one that would need Secret Service protection the most post-presidency.  We can't have him die because it would just martyr him to his most fanatical following.  He has also managed to anger a good portion of the world including his own fellow countrymen with his odious personality.  I daresay everyone from the Iranians to Antifa to disgruntled members of his own party are potentially after him.  So I say just drop the impeachment.  He is already looking at multiple criminal charges and his business is collapsing.  If he wants to go the career politician route and people still vote for him then so be it.  His greatest accomplishment has been empowering the Democrats. Pretty sure most of the Republicans have woken up to this fact and are dropping him like poison as it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's what I said.

Have some faith, stupid people are easily manipulated. I've been saying since 2016 that the same media that made false messiah out of Trump can easily make him into pariah too. It's just a matter of political climate. Which is changing significantly. Trump project wasn't profitable for any of its creators. tee-hee 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

What I don't understand currently is why do media, that were heavily pro-Trump biased, still stick to that agenda. It's clearly spent. Gone. About to start making consequences instead of profit. Do they really rely on the permanent Trump cult, with membership numerous enough to make advertisers attracted? Or they're not just mere profit-seekers, but actual branches of political option that still doesn't give up on the attempt to turn the US totalitarian? 

I think it has more to do with advertising dollars than anything else.   But then there are still things that don't make sense.  Maybe they are afraid they will loose their viewer base if they change tunes too fast, though I did see some tune changing with Fox a few months ago.   

All I know about it is from my cousin who works as a television writer.  She was writing for a very popular show that got canceled after the 13th episode was filmed (U.S. a season is usually 20 + episodes)   There was an outrage but no change, the show was done.  ABC is the network that had bought the show and they only aired 8 of the 13 episodes.  Canada BC aired all 13.   I asked my cousin why and she said that advertisers did not like the show.  I don't know if that was just what she was told or if that was the real reason they did not keep the show going.   Needless to say, it ended on a cliff hanger and no other network would buy it.

As for news, I think the owners of the networks have agendas and reasons they want people to believe lies and innuendo etc.   I wish I knew why, I think about it too much as you can probably tell.   (and I think there are fewer owners than networks - Disney for example owns several, including ABC )  

Somehow it seems to be that U.S. (and UK et al) politics are either driving or being driven by media moguls.  The media is a very successful tool after all, has been proven for over 6 decades.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And some are much less outraged than others.  Time to get priorities straight, unify or divide?  Trump is gone.

But he's not GONE. He's just..."gone". He still has the opportunity to reach people and grift their money from them and incite them to violence with the promise of returning to office in 2025. 

Brushing your hands clean and saying "well it's over now so why hold anyone accountable" is a terrible and dangerous precedent to set here. The only reason people in government are calling for "unity" instead of "accountability" is to save their own skin. Put him on trial. Put everything on full display for everyone to see and let those that seek authoritarian rule and trumps boots on the necks of the American people step forward and show themselves for what they truly are. That's the path to healing and unity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Which is changing significantly.

Ummmmm....nope.  In general the same Americans that elected trump to spit in the eye of professional corrupt politicians still hate them.  You watch too much propa...err..news 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

But he's not GONE. He's just..."gone". He still has the opportunity to reach people and grift their money from them and incite them to violence with the promise of returning to office in 2025. 

Brushing your hands clean and saying "well it's over now so why hold anyone accountable" is a terrible and dangerous precedent to set here. The only reason people in government are calling for "unity" instead of "accountability" is to save their own skin. Put him on trial. Put everything on full display for everyone to see and let those that seek authoritarian rule and trumps boots on the necks of the American people step forward and show themselves for what they truly are. That's the path to healing and unity.

And that will differ from Russia, Ukraine, Kavanaugh, etc just how?  It won't.  Do you know a lot of rednecks in your area that will suddenly go "Oh yeah, I guess he was bad" ?  May as well ask them to convert to Judiasm.

Edited by OverSword

Just now, OverSword said:

And that will differ from Russia, Ukraine, Kavanaugh, etc just how?  It won't.  Do you know a lot of rednecks in your area that will suddenly go "Oh yeah, I guess he was bad" ?

Are there even any "rednecks" in Seattle or where ever it is you live?

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Are there even any "rednecks" in Seattle or where ever it is you live?

There is where he lives.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

There is where he lives.

But not close enough to you for you to have met any of them?

This whole redneck thing is reminding me of old Jeff Foxworthy sketches. A lotta folks could qualify as rednecks, lol. There's a couple of his one liners that I would qualify for :rofl: Redneck is a state of mind, not a people of locale. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Ummmmm....nope.  In general the same Americans that elected trump to spit in the eye of professional corrupt politicians still hate them.  You watch too much propa...err..news 

No offence, but anarchists are very much a minority. An average person might vote for Trump-like candidates out of racism or spite, but once they realize it's tumbling down the society they depend on, they won't repeat the mistake that easily. Of course, I'm aware there's this wide-spread belief in the US that the society plays no part in one's survival, but there was plenty trumpers already discovering their decision to hurt the others had hurt them more. Of course, I'm also aware that nothing's enough to change a true cultist's opinion, but majority of Trump voters are not proper cultists, just people who suck at distinguishing reality from their wishful thinking. 

All right, I'm done. Now you have the last word, I promise not to come back and say "fushta".   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No offence, but anarchists are very much a minority.

Right, and they usually don't bother voting so there is no way anyone could claim they belong to one party or the other.   And you are right about the voters who did vote for trump the first time.  I know a few who did not vote for him this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

But not close enough to you for you to have met any of them?

I used to work on a horse ranch when I was a teenager.  We have plenty of rednecks around here.  

Just now, OverSword said:

I used to work on a horse ranch when I was a teenager.  We have plenty of rednecks around here.  

Ok.  But a horse ranch doesn't necessarily mean "redneck".  The rednecks I know never saw a horse and the people I grew up with who had a horse ranch were not rednecks.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No offence, but anarchists are very much a minority. An average person might vote for Trump-like candidates out of racism or spite, but once they realize it's tumbling down the society they depend on, they won't repeat the mistake that easily. Of course, I'm aware there's this wide-spread belief in the US that the society plays no part in one's survival, but there was plenty trumpers already discovering their decision to hurt the others had hurt them more. Of course, I'm also aware that nothing's enough to change a true cultist's opinion, but majority of Trump voters are not proper cultists, just people who suck at distinguishing reality from their wishful thinking. 

All right, I'm done. Now you have the last word, I promise not to come back and say "fushta".   

Your mistake (evident in every post you make in this thread) is that you think those people blame trump the tumbling down.  They don't, they blame democrats.  That's why this impeachment will only deepen divides.  I don't care what kind of evidence they put on TV.  

Divide, this is what they call division.

200205101518-pelosi-sotu-2019-2020-split