Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
zep73

Trump Impeachment starts Monday

699 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

joc
3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Mitch McConnell  voted to acquit but he said Trump was guilty of inciting the riot and did not have a place in the future of the Republican Party.

Lindsey Graham is going down to play golf with Trump and says the MAGA movement needs to be kept alive.

Both are fools.  Mitch can't throw Trump out of the party.  Lindsey can't ride on his coattails.  Trump is a one man show.  Turning on Pence showed that loyalty and duty to country can't coexist. Mitch and Lindsey are just in it for their own power and preservation.

Republicans are just as much tools of the swamp as Democrats, and their party is going to split.

Now if the Democrats will just fracture into two or three pieces and let the progressives and moderates go their own ways, we might get somewhere.

The people left in the middle might find they have more in common  with each other than the far left and right wings of their parties. 

 

There are no people in the middle.  There are no people on the far left.  There are no people on the far right.  We are all just Americans going about our own business, doing the best we can, and we are constantly being divided and told what to think by a Media that thinks they have the power to control us.  And they do have the power to control most of us.

I wish everyone understood the danger of a Propaganda Press...but alas...we who do are far and few between.  We just sit back and watch dismayed as the rest of the country allows the PP to turn them against each other.  The Real Enemy is the Propaganda Press.  And we do have the power to turn them off.  But I digress....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
5 hours ago, stevewinn said:

What happened, Trump yet again wins against the system. TRUMP 2024 ?

As much as they mock and disrespect him they are also terrified of him coming back and winning.  Give the current regime 4 years at the pace they're on now and America will be on her knees.  The actions being taken now aren't even being masked.  They have set out to destroy our economy and force millions into a state of need that they then can use to install their Marxist plans.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
38 minutes ago, joc said:

There are no people in the middle.  There are no people on the far left.  There are no people on the far right.  We are all just Americans going about our own business, doing the best we can, and we are constantly being divided and told what to think by a Media that thinks they have the power to control us.  And they do have the power to control most of us.

I wish everyone understood the danger of a Propaganda Press...but alas...we who do are far and few between.  We just sit back and watch dismayed as the rest of the country allows the PP to turn them against each other.  The Real Enemy is the Propaganda Press.  And we do have the power to turn them off.  But I digress....

Is your theory then that nobody thinks about the world and evaluates what they observe and develops a world view?  I think you have said that you do exactly that. without media input. People do the best they can and reach across divides with human kindness when situations arise.  There are indeed things in life more important than tax rates or which party controls Congress.

I think you have a good point, getting our kids to school, taking care of our families, making sure our parents are cared for and staying healthy are all more important than what any politician says. It does not mean our differences in world view go away when we have the luxury to think about them.

The media did not create the different worldviews, they just exploit them for their own financial benefit.  By making people anxious or angry they elevate a low priority to a high one and ensure viewership and ad sales.  Is it much different than a cereal company telling you a product that is 30% sugar is part of a good breakfast to make you feel better about causing your kids to be hyper and bouncing off the walls?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
8 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The media did not create the different worldviews, they just exploit them for their own financial benefit.  By making people anxious or angry they elevate a low priority to a high one and ensure viewership and ad sales.  Is it much different than a cereal company telling you a product that is 30% sugar is part of a good breakfast to make you feel better about causing your kids to be hyper and bouncing off the walls?

The Media takes the  created Narrative...and then they force feed the Narrative to the people. For financial gain?  That's one way to look at it.  The other way is to make sure  the financial empire they already have remains secure.  Who is it that actually creates the Narrative that the Media portrays?  The Media is a tool.  Someone or something is always behind the tool being wielded.

Any ideas on who creates the different worldviews and why?  Who creates the Narrative?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
razman
14 hours ago, aztek said:

dems could have done so much better with gabbard, without any drama, oh wait, they could not, American people could, but not democrats .

this is the first time in history USA has no president, that walking talking, constantly napping  vegetable in the white house is not a president, he still owes 300 Americans billion of doses of vaccine, lol

No worries , he'll put his war foot down again and deliver them personally.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
On 2/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, Agent0range said:

Can you post a link to a Democrat condoning violence and looting?  

Easy.

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

It's true 

:D 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperionxvii
30 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

It's true 

:D 

 

Impeach them all! Not my president, viva la resistance! Your turn! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
1 hour ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

It's true 

:D 

 

Lindsey is a great politician. I can go from liking him to hating him day by day. He's totally right here and he often says things I totally agree with but his is an establishment player to the highest degree and that doesn't sit well with me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hugh Mungus
2 hours ago, Myles said:

Easy.

 

 

 

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary. Accuse Trump of what your side is doing and the media covers for you. The swamp is in full control. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
2 hours ago, joc said:

The Media takes the  created Narrative...and then they force feed the Narrative to the people. For financial gain?  That's one way to look at it.  The other way is to make sure  the financial empire they already have remains secure.  Who is it that actually creates the Narrative that the Media portrays?  The Media is a tool.  Someone or something is always behind the tool being wielded.

Any ideas on who creates the different worldviews and why?  Who creates the Narrative?

Good post, food for thought.

We work hard, we play hard, we get tired , we get bored.  Sometimes we look for change or something better,  We look for entertainment, we look for information about what affects our lives.  Media provides that, and they created a need for more by convincing us that a multitude of trivial things affect our lives in any significant way.    Does a fisherman force feed the bait to fish or tease them with it and let them strike when they think they will lose it?

The narrative is just a story, there are a lot of different stories built around the same few facts.  There  does not need to be a being in charge to make the narrative, especially in the  age of distributive media. Individuals tell parts of the narrative or change parts depending on what suits them.  No doubt some want to direct the narrative, but I think they are only partially successful. 

Few people that have worked for a large company and had to take a Meyers-Briggs personality test are surprised that people come in different personality types.  Some are brave and bold by nature, some are shy and retiring.  Some face problems head on, some run.  Some think before acting, some do not.      My idea only, not backed by any scholarly research is that a set of different personalities is a survival mechanism for society.  A group with different approaches may stand a better chance of surviving new conditions. How many that are willing to sacrifice for the larger group and how many want to save their own skins only.   A clan or a tribe or a social group might survive better with a mix.  If the balance gets too lopsided it may die out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
28 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Good post, food for thought.

We work hard, we play hard, we get tired , we get bored.  Sometimes we look for change or something better,  We look for entertainment, we look for information about what affects our lives.  Media provides that, and they created a need for more by convincing us that a multitude of trivial things affect our lives in any significant way.    Does a fisherman force feed the bait to fish or tease them with it and let them strike when they think they will lose it?

The narrative is just a story, there are a lot of different stories built around the same few facts.  There  does not need to be a being in charge to make the narrative, especially in the  age of distributive media. Individuals tell parts of the narrative or change parts depending on what suits them.  No doubt some want to direct the narrative, but I think they are only partially successful. 

Few people that have worked for a large company and had to take a Meyers-Briggs personality test are surprised that people come in different personality types.  Some are brave and bold by nature, some are shy and retiring.  Some face problems head on, some run.  Some think before acting, some do not.      My idea only, not backed by any scholarly research is that a set of different personalities is a survival mechanism for society.  A group with different approaches may stand a better chance of surviving new conditions. How many that are willing to sacrifice for the larger group and how many want to save their own skins only.   A clan or a tribe or a social group might survive better with a mix.  If the balance gets too lopsided it may die out.

 

1280px-Yin_yang.svg.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary. Accuse Trump of what your side is doing and the media covers for you. The swamp is in full control. 

It will be interesting to watch how much restraint they are willing to employ as they push for their goals.  2A will be a fight they REALLY should avoid but I doubt they will.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

There  does not need to be a being in charge to make the narrative, especially in the  age of distributive media.

The narrative never changes it is always the same...it is The Play Book...everything revolves around The Narrative.  There aren't a whole bunch of different narratives...there is...The Narrative.  The AP puts that out and everyone runs with it.  Someone/thing wants that Narrative.  It keeps the people divided...which keeps them in control.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
20 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Quite sad, eh?

And the crazy thing is almost the entire rest of the government ran with it. A few like Joe Manchin, and John Kerry, have been trying to cross the partisan divide. But most ran with encouraging extreme divisiveness. Pelosi (Leader of the House) is a prime example. I had hopes for her when she said that impeachment was too divisive, but she caved to the ranting of the far left, and fell from grace like the rest.

They are giving the people what they want though aren't they?

Considering the support for Trump, is that the new America? Reality TV?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
13 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Trump was focused on Policy, and he implemented (or tried to implement) some good ones. But the Media wanted drama.. they wanted 'bad orange man'. And that's all they gave us. 

People can think for themselves.

Blaming the media because Trump is an ahole is wearing thin. It's just as bad as the Dems protesting in the streets when he won. America has little accountability these days. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

They are giving the people what they want though aren't they?

Considering the support for Trump, is that the new America? Reality TV?

They are giving the people what they want the people to have..   Reality TV psyche...is The Media

 

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

People can think for themselves.

Blaming the media because Trump is an ahole is wearing thin. It's just as bad as the Dems protesting in the streets when he won. America has little accountability these days. 

Let me splain you one more time, cause my electricity is probably going off for a week...so...who knows...I might freeze to death and never get to say this.  So:  They...i.e.  The Press Corp...(The Media) is giving people what they always give the people...the propaganda of The Narrative.  It hasn't changed in 40 years...

The Narrative goes something like this:


All Republicans who are Elected to Office (except those who agree with us on key issues) are Racists,  Homophobes,  Right Wing Nut Jobs who want to starve your kids and throw Grandma over the cliff.


All Republican Presidents are extremely ignorant, stupid, dumb and lied and cheated their way into office. Every Republican President should be impeached just for being elected ... because they obviously cheated their way into the White House.


Republicans who vote for them are Right Wing Nut Jobs who are ignorant, stupid, dumb and should not even be allowed to vote.  And they too are Racists, Homophobes,  and Conspiracy Theory Kooks.


The country is always in danger of becoming Fascist Italy or Nazi Germany when Republicans are in power because all Republicans are Fascists and Nazis.  Some are both.


The only answer to the Capitalist Corporate Pigs that are in control of everything (and we all know who they are) and ruining our country is Socialism.   Nationalism is Fascist.  Socialism is the best answer for everything.  It evens the playing field for everybody.


The Narrative gets published in a variety of forms 24/7/365 in Newspapers and Media news outlets all over the world.  It's never ending...a continuous drumbeat of how bad one side is...the 'other' side.  T h o s e  people!   Those Orange Hair Man Supporting People!


And that is just the latest chapter in The Narrative....Orange Hair Man Bad!  Scum of the Earth! Should be hated and scolded by everyone on the planet everyday for the rest of his life because he is a reprobate who paid hookers to urinate on Obama's bed in Moscow and he is and has been a Russian agent for most of his life, and on, and on, and on...infinitum...on...

...and you ...and everyone who comes on here and spews how much they Hate Trump...are unknowing participants in spreading The Narrative.  

The AP thanks you!  


 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
Just now, joc said:

They are giving the people what they want the people to have..   Reality TV psyche...is The Media

Trump is spearheading it.

No previous president has spread conspiracy theories and lies via social media like Trump has. 

How is it not his intention to create drama and use the media to manipulate people when he is the worst offender?

Just now, joc said:

Let me splain you one more time, cause my electricity is probably going off for a week...so...who knows...I might freeze to death and never get to say this.  So:  They...i.e.  The Press Corp...(The Media) is giving people what they always give the people...the propaganda of The Narrative.  It hasn't changed in 40 years...

The Narrative goes something like this:


All Republicans who are Elected to Office (except those who agree with us on key issues) are Racists,  Homophobes,  Right Wing Nut Jobs who want to starve your kids and throw Grandma over the cliff.


All Republican Presidents are extremely ignorant, stupid, dumb and lied and cheated their way into office. Every Republican President should be impeached just for being elected ... because they obviously cheated their way into the White House.


Republicans who vote for them are Right Wing Nut Jobs who are ignorant, stupid, dumb and should not even be allowed to vote.  And they too are Racists, Homophobes,  and Conspiracy Theory Kooks.


The country is always in danger of becoming Fascist Italy or Nazi Germany when Republicans are in power because all Republicans are Fascists and Nazis.  Some are both.


The only answer to the Capitalist Corporate Pigs that are in control of everything (and we all know who they are) and ruining our country is Socialism.   Nationalism is Fascist.  Socialism is the best answer for everything.  It evens the playing field for everybody.


The Narrative gets published in a variety of forms 24/7/365 in Newspapers and Media news outlets all over the world.  It's never ending...a continuous drumbeat of how bad one side is...the 'other' side.  T h o s e  people!   Those Orange Hair Man Supporting People!


And that is just the latest chapter in The Narrative....Orange Hair Man Bad!  Scum of the Earth! Should be hated and scolded by everyone on the planet everyday for the rest of his life because he is a reprobate who paid hookers to urinate on Obama's bed in Moscow and he is and has been a Russian agent for most of his life, and on, and on, and on...infinitum...on...

...and you ...and everyone who comes on here and spews how much they Hate Trump...are unknowing participants in spreading The Narrative.  

The AP thanks you!  


 

 

 

Why do you think it is impossible to dislike Trump without the Media's influence?

You don't seem to be able to fathom dislike for the man. You seem to be of the impression that the default is to love him?

Why is that? I have given you several examples where he has shown inexcusable behaviour, yet you won't even comment on Baja, his principles or his views. You keep saying he was betrayed, as if betrayal somehow mitigated his disgusting remarks?

As such, and considering the above, how is it not you who is completely lost in Trump orientated media? 

When he has the guts to face one of the husband's I'll consider more than a gutless using ahole. Because by his own words, that is what he is. 

Right wing media thanks you. I bet sky News plagerises your posts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You don't seem to be able to fathom dislike for the man. You seem to be of the impression that the default is to love him?

Why is that? I have given you several examples where he has shown inexcusable behavior, yet you won't even comment on Baja, his principles or his views. You keep saying he was betrayed, as if betrayal somehow mitigated his disgusting remarks?

I don't hate sinners like you do Psyche.  I am not nearly as moralistic as you are. Maybe you could get elected as the second coming of Christ since you apparently have no sin. Or is it that you just have no compunction for what they say concerning those who throw rocks from glass houses?   

I like Trump and I don't think he is a scum bag.  So, the Narrative says, that makes me a scum bag too, right?  Birds of a feather right? 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
7 hours ago, razman said:

No worries , he'll put his war foot down again and deliver them personally.;)

he'll have to, cuz next war will be state side, don't believe me? will talk in 3 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, joc said:

The narrative never changes it is always the same...it is The Play Book...everything revolves around The Narrative.  There aren't a whole bunch of different narratives...there is...The Narrative.  The AP puts that out and everyone runs with it.  Someone/thing wants that Narrative.  It keeps the people divided...which keeps them in control.

OK like a skillful fisherman, you have presented the bait.  What is the Narrative?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
4 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

It would be funny if it wasn't so scary. Accuse Trump of what your side is doing and the media covers for you. The swamp is in full control. 

There isn't anything but the swamp.  .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:
2 hours ago, joc said:

The narrative never changes it is always the same...it is The Play Book...everything revolves around The Narrative.  There aren't a whole bunch of different narratives...there is...The Narrative.  The AP puts that out and everyone runs with it.  Someone/thing wants that Narrative.  It keeps the people divided...which keeps them in control.

OK like a skillful fisherman, you have presented the bait.  What is the Narrative?

Sorry joc, I read a little further.   I was too anxious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

The best is yet to Come! 

:D

 

IMG_20200723_100853.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Trump is spearheading it.

No previous president has spread conspiracy theories and lies via social media like Trump has. 

How is it not his intention to create drama and use the media to manipulate people when he is the worst offender?

Well to be fair, Facebook came out in 2004 and Twitter in 2006. Only three presidents have had the ability to speak so easily and directly to the entire online world.

I can imagine what several of the more... inappropriate... presidents we've had would have done with that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.