Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
zep73

Trump Impeachment starts Monday

699 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Will Do
7 minutes ago, joc said:

I might as well be having a conversation with Will Do.  He doesn't listen to me either. 

 

Whadaya mean? I've been listening to you all day! :lol:

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
acidhead
13 minutes ago, Will Do said:

 

Whadaya mean? I've been listening to you all day! :lol:

 

 

Comment of the day! 

:nw:

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
1 hour ago, joc said:

I'm walking away from the Media Show.  I don't know what you are even talking about with Gulliani and Powell.  All I know is that they are on the wrong side of the Media Giants and so they are targeted. 

See, there's an assumption that I know you have 100% wrong. 

Nothing to do with the media. It's what they did with they media. The media is still not one person. Those two got caught lying and are being held accountable for exactly what you are complaining about. 

You are being duped by a source more evil than media. Politicians. 

Isn't accountability a good thing? In this instance, the media forced accountability. They did the right thing by the majority. 

Quote

It's all a power play.  I'm not playing.  Don't need to know.  Don't care to know.  I don't care. Nothing on Social Media or MainStreamMedia affects my life in the least.  Local Media...that can affect my life.  But usually only consequentially from maybe...the weather.  I don't care what the government says or does.  I don't care what Hollywood says or does.  I don't care what music they play on the radio.  I don't care. But that is all part of my idea of living a stress free life.

And yet you are constantly stressing about the media and others relationships with it. Mainstream might be something you avoid, but your obsessing that others might be swayed by information conflicts with your views. You're just substituting one stress for another aren't you? 

It's how people roll. Trump supporters echo chamber right wing propoganda from the Epoch Times or Sky News, left wing CNN and it's underlings. You can't escape that beast. The population won't let you. 

Quote

I enjoy talking to you. Because I like you.  I don't judge you because you hate Trump...that's your deal.  I refuse to be divided against people I like by the media.  See how that works?

Takes two friend. And that's why we don't and won't degenerate into personal attacks. I don't agree with your views, but I'm not saying change them. I'm illustrating the examples that lead me to a different conclusion. 

Quote

 But in reality...I think The Media is controlled by a completely separate entity!  

It's a different world. When we might talk hundreds, they talk billions. A huge gathering for us is an intimate gathering for them. We work with dozens of hundreds of people. They provide millions with entertainment. It's life on a large scale. Those values can go astray in such an environment. What we need to remember is business of that scale puts food on the table for hundreds of thousands of people. Without these entertainment giants, economy would be very tight. They generate a habitable environment in a modern world. And they are giving the people what the people want. A necessary evil if you will, willed by the general public. It's up to us to take responsibility with what they produce. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 hours ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Nobody showed up to the Inaguration from the 81 million who supposedly voted for the old fart. In fact, nobody was permitted except those on the guest list. And it was heavily guarded by  thousands of military and razor wire fencing that looked like something in the fortified green zone Baghdad. 

Maaate

Foo fighters and the boss were there.

Who else matters?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
On 2/15/2021 at 2:02 AM, DieChecker said:

Indeed. Let's hope that Biden does infact take the moderate position, gets the Congress in hand, as well as tames the news media, and works to heal the nation.

Not a bad start....

The Hill: Biden: 'I'm tired of talking about Trump' | TheHill.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/539133-biden-im-tired-of-talking-about-trump

Quote

"For four years, all that's been in the news is Trump. The next four years, I want to make sure all the news is the American people. I'm tired of talking about Trump," Biden said when asked about Trump being acquitted by the Senate over the weekend during a second impeachment trial.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead
3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Maaate

Foo fighters and the boss were there.

Who else matters?

It's a big club and you nor I are in it 

-george carlin 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
1 hour ago, joc said:

I can see that you are on a side.  So...go your side!  Other side Baaaaad!   I'm not on a side of the political aisle.  There are some good Democrats and there are some horrendous ones.  There are some good Republicans and there are some horrendous ones.  

I don't hate anyone.  I refuse to hate who the media tells me i should hate.  And I don't dislike you because you hate Trump. It's just a game I'm not going to play  with you or anyone else.

I'm done with this conversation.  I might as well be having a conversation with Will Do.  He doesn't listen to me either. 

The problem appears to be that it's a different side, not much more to it than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
30 minutes ago, President-Elect Acidhead said:

It's a big club and you nor I are in it 

-george carlin 

 

 

I'm just here for the party. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

And, many of these reporters, regardless of if they write a neutral piece, will have their article edited heavily by their Editor, or at the direction of the company Owner even.

There are not that many reporters or real news organizations.   The BBC term presenters is more accurate.  Thirty seconds worth of facts become 10 minutes of infotainment repeats four times in a day. 

CNN, FOX Epoch Times, none of them could exist on facts alone it all has to be opinions and infotainment.   FOX is bigger than CNN and MSNBC, that is pretty mainstream. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Not a bad start....

The Hill: Biden: 'I'm tired of talking about Trump' | TheHill.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/539133-biden-im-tired-of-talking-about-trump

 

That's odd because every time he speaks, he has to bring up Trump a dozen times.   

 He's not a smart man.   Maybe he just cannot do anything else.   

I hope he can do some good.   I root for good things to come from people I do not like.  

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

Let the Biden bashing begin...

By CNN...

CNN : Fact check: Biden makes at least four false statistical claims at CNN town hall.
http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_allpolitics/~3/cRO9cUbdtzw/index.html

Wonder if this is CNN trying to get back to bring honest and trustworthy....

(HA! HA! HA! .... :lol: I know, right? As if...)

Or, part of some plan......

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Let the Biden bashing begin...

By CNN...

CNN : Fact check: Biden makes at least four false statistical claims at CNN town hall.
http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_allpolitics/~3/cRO9cUbdtzw/index.html

Wonder if this is CNN trying to get back to bring honest and trustworthy....

(HA! HA! HA! .... :lol: I know, right? As if...)

Or, part of some plan......

 

Oh dear....^_^

Yes perhaps CNN are making a tiny attempt to look like they're fair and unbiased - (:rolleyes:) by bringing up relatively harmful revelations - like -

'When Biden said he always had rice pudding on Sunday - people familiar with the matter have informed us that he has rice pudding after his bath before bed on Saturday ...' 

Or if as everyone says that he is just there for a bit until Harris gets the top job perhaps they will slowly kick him into the long grass over the next few months...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Tatetopa
11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Let the Biden bashing begin...

By CNN...

CNN : Fact check: Biden makes at least four false statistical claims at CNN town hall.
http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_allpolitics/~3/cRO9cUbdtzw/index.html

Wonder if this is CNN trying to get back to bring honest and trustworthy....

If you look, Andrew Cuomo is being investigated in NY for nursing home deaths and threatening an assemblyman with political ruin. .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw

They can't get him out of their heads.

2cartoon.2.19.21.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

They can't get him out of their heads.

 

Who?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
2 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

They can't get him out of their heads.

2cartoon.2.19.21.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

 

38 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Who?

No, Can’t get you out of my head was Kylie Minogue.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Guy
On 2/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, Tatetopa said:

If you look, Andrew Cuomo is being investigated in NY for nursing home deaths and threatening an assemblyman with political ruin. .  

Lots of old people died from Cuomo-19, it could have been prevented even without a vaccine. Maybe it saved the state money in pension funds, made room for a political donors parents, or it happened because a complete idiot was in charge. We may never know because the mainstream media will give you the the proper thought process on this, they know what is best and how you should think and feel in any situation. Just ask them.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Lots of old people died from Cuomo-19, it could have been prevented even without a vaccine. Maybe it saved the state money in pension funds, made room for a political donors parents, or it happened because a complete idiot was in charge. We may never know because the mainstream media will give you the the proper thought process on this, they know what is best and how you should think and feel in any situation. Just ask them.

That is as may be.  It does appear that the DOJ is investigating him.  Maybe it happened because they were out of their depth and then wanted to cover up their screw ups.  We might find out. 

 Nobody gives you the proper thought process, you have to dig for it. 

Here is the deal for me. If I hire a lawyer for a civil action, I expect him to be my advocate, not taking steak dinners and paid vacations from the other side, or stealing money from me.  I expect the same from elected officials.  They don't have to be perfect or all knowing, just honest.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acidhead

Trump Rally February 28, 2021 

:D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
On 2/19/2021 at 6:45 PM, Old Guy said:

Lots of old people died from Cuomo-19, it could have been prevented even without a vaccine. Maybe it saved the state money in pension funds, made room for a political donors parents, or it happened because a complete idiot was in charge. We may never know because the mainstream media will give you the the proper thought process on this, they know what is best and how you should think and feel in any situation. Just ask them.

20210221_173100.thumb.jpg.9faed69bf7f957bd00d6c3f2f672e325.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 hours ago, F3SS said:

20210221_173100.thumb.jpg.9faed69bf7f957bd00d6c3f2f672e325.jpg

I googled and found the article. Opinion piece it is labelled actually. 

What part do you disagree with? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.amp.html

Misinformation rides the greased algorithmic rails of powerful social media platforms and travels at velocities and in volumes that make it nearly impossible to stop. That alone makes information warfare an unfair fight for the average internet user. But Mr. Caulfield argues that the deck is stacked even further against us. That the way we’re taught from a young age to evaluate and think critically about information is fundamentally flawed and out of step with the chaos of the current internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
On 2/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, President-Elect Acidhead said:

Trump Rally February 28, 2021 

:D 

 

No one needs to attend. We all know what he is going to say.

The entire thesis will be:

ME

Stolen election

Won by millions

ME

Landslide actually

Fake news

ME

MSM - Congress collusion

Revenge against GOP who voted against me

My Greatness

ME

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
19 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I googled and found the article. Opinion piece it is labelled actually. 

What part do you disagree with? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2021/02/18/opinion/fake-news-media-attention.amp.html

Misinformation rides the greased algorithmic rails of powerful social media platforms and travels at velocities and in volumes that make it nearly impossible to stop. That alone makes information warfare an unfair fight for the average internet user. But Mr. Caulfield argues that the deck is stacked even further against us. That the way we’re taught from a young age to evaluate and think critically about information is fundamentally flawed and out of step with the chaos of the current internet.

There's truth in that. It's a mass of confusion out there. I read enough of that article and I'm not exactly sure what his point is. What it looks like he is saying is to think less and think quicker with his SIFT system looking no further than the first paragraph of the publicly user-edited Wikipedia and to ultimately leave the real truth up to the professionals at NYT while he tries to flatter us about our precious, limited time.

How about you and I decide for ourselves just how much thought and effort we put into, well, whatever we do or don't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

There's truth in that. It's a mass of confusion out there. I read enough of that article and I'm not exactly sure what his point is. What it looks like he is saying is to think less and think quicker with his SIFT system looking no further than the first paragraph of the publicly user-edited Wikipedia and to ultimately leave the real truth up to the professionals at NYT while he tries to flatter us about our precious, limited time.

How about you and I decide for ourselves just how much thought and effort we put into, well, whatever we do or don't want to.

That's how we get papageorges and will dos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.