Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

alternate universe

LarryTerryBerry

sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I was wondering if there was any forums or groups for people from alternate realities, sorry again if this is in the wrong place

smiley_popcorn.gif.5a89c843c9c41da25550b2bc3c4c29f6.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, LarryTerryBerry said:

sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but I was wondering if there was any forums or groups for people from alternate realities, sorry again if this is in the wrong place

Hi Larry

You mean something like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Thomas_Covenant

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever[edit]

1. Lord Foul's Bane (1977)
  2. The Illearth War (1978; "Gilden-Fire" - first published 1981)[1]
  3. The Power that Preserves (1979)

The story "Gilden-Fire" first appeared as an independent novella (illustrated by Peter Goodfellow), but is now most widely available as a part of most versions of the Donaldson short story collection, Daughter of Regals, 1985.[2] It was set during the action of The Illearth War, and covers an episode from the doomed mission to contact the Giants. Gilden-Fire is told from the point of view of Korik, the senior Bloodguard on the mission. It describes Korik's selection of the mission's Bloodguard, then narrates the mission's passage through Grimmerdhore forest, where they defeat an ambush of ur-viles and kresh (wolves). The narrative ends as the mission leaves the forest.

As per the author's foreword. Gilden-Fire was originally part of a larger, planned section of The Illearth War that followed the mission to the Giants in "real time", but was cut due to space restrictions as well as point-of-view inconsistency with the rest of the Chronicles. The events during the trek through Grimmerdhore are not mentioned in the published narrative of The Illearth War, and some information shared here on the origin and motivation of the Bloodguard does appear in other contexts in the published Chronicles. The rest of the mission after the Grimmerdhore passage was included in the Chronicles, via the narrative device of Bloodguard messengers.

Lord Foul's Bane - Medway Council - OverDrive

Just wondering if all three names in your user name are the three identities of you in your in the different universes?

jmccr8

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Larry

The story "Gilden-Fire" first appeared as an independent novella (illustrated by Peter Goodfellow), but is now most widely available as a part of most versions of the Donaldson short story collection, Daughter of Regals, 1985.[2] It was set during the action of The Illearth War, and covers an episode from the doomed mission to contact the Giants. Gilden-Fire is told from the point of view of Korik, the senior Bloodguard on the mission. It describes Korik's selection of the mission's Bloodguard, then narrates the mission's passage through Grimmerdhore forest, where they defeat an ambush of ur-viles and kresh (wolves). The narrative ends as the mission leaves the forest.

As per the author's foreword. Gilden-Fire was originally part of a larger, planned section of The Illearth War that followed the mission to the Giants in "real time", but was cut due to space restrictions as well as point-of-view inconsistency with the rest of the Chronicles. The events during the trek through Grimmerdhore are not mentioned in the published narrative of The Illearth War, and some information shared here on the origin and motivation of the Bloodguard does appear in other contexts in the published Chronicles. The rest of the mission after the Grimmerdhore passage was included in the Chronicles, via the narrative device of Bloodguard messengers.

Just wondering if all three names in your user name are the three identities of you in your in the different universes?

jmccr8

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Yes I said that did you care to comment?

jmccr8

sorry i accidentally posted nothing, what i meant to say was my name larryterryberry's just fun to say, as far as i know ive been me these past few shifts, the story of the books seems to hit me for some reason, specifically "he struggles against Lord Foul, "the Despiser", who intends to escape the bondage of the physical universe and wreak revenge upon his arch-enemy, "the Creator".", i've been struggling mentally, saw something i shouldn't have and been wanting to find a way to transverse this world as it bores me now, the books seem interesting, im still confused as to why you sent those books but im glad you did, thank you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LarryTerryBerry said:

sorry i accidentally posted nothing, what i meant to say was my name larryterryberry's just fun to say, as far as i know ive been me these past few shifts, the story of the books seems to hit me for some reason, specifically "he struggles against Lord Foul, "the Despiser", who intends to escape the bondage of the physical universe and wreak revenge upon his arch-enemy, "the Creator".", i've been struggling mentally, saw something i shouldn't have and been wanting to find a way to transverse this world as it bores me now, the books seem interesting, im still confused as to why you sent those books but im glad you did, thank you

Hi Larry

Thomas is a writer that gets leprosy and loses his wife and son and because he has lost his ring finger due to leprosy wears his white gold wedding ring on a different finger as he is conflicted with not having his family because of his disease. On top of that he lives on the edges of the community and they do not want him coming in to their businesses that provisions are dropped off at the end of the lane for him and his utilities paid, he is angry goes into town to pay a bill and after a series of events he collapses and wakes up in another world where he does not have leprosy and his beliefs are challenged again as he faces many fears in his life in this new world and travels back and forth between them confusing and conflicting him over and over.

It is in the vein of Lord of the Rings and I did read the first 9 books from 3 series and enjoyed it quite a bit.

jmccr8

1 hour ago, LarryTerryBerry said:

been wanting to find a way to transverse this world as it bores me now, 

Good luck

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LarryTerryBerry said:

A mental asylum perhaps?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LarryTerryBerry said:

, i've been struggling mentally, saw something i shouldn't have and been wanting to find a way to transverse this world as it bores me now

Was it a va-jay-jay ? :w00t:.

Edited by openozy
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, openozy said:

Was it a va-jay-jay ? :w00t:.

i wish lmao, it was sorta like a new color, i guess it could count more as a shade

Edited by LarryTerryBerry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LarryTerryBerry said:

i wish lmao, it was sorta like a new color, i guess it could count more as a shade

That is a strange thing, I hope you sort it out and stay in this reality Larry, you have a sense of humour. The World needs more fun people.

• Like 7

On 1/23/2021 at 4:43 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Larry

Thomas is a writer that gets leprosy and loses his wife and son and because he has lost his ring finger due to leprosy wears his white gold wedding ring on a different finger as he is conflicted with not having his family because of his disease. On top of that he lives on the edges of the community and they do not want him coming in to their businesses that provisions are dropped off at the end of the lane for him and his utilities paid, he is angry goes into town to pay a bill and after a series of events he collapses and wakes up in another world where he does not have leprosy and his beliefs are challenged again as he faces many fears in his life in this new world and travels back and forth between them confusing and conflicting him over and over.

It is in the vein of Lord of the Rings and I did read the first 9 books from 3 series and enjoyed it quite a bit.

jmccr8

My wife loved all this series, but it bored me to tears.

In one book it took  him about 100 pages to move his characters  a few miles down a river 

I don't mind descriptive writing, but i need a bit more action :) 

I've just managed to get second hand copies of two of my favourite  novels; Daughter of the Empire and Mistress of the Empire.

They tie into R Feist's extensive  writings set in Midkemia, beginning with Magician.

when Wurts and Feist write together, they produce perhaps the best fantasy of the 20th century (IMO although there are so many brilliant fantasy and science fiction authors from the second half of the 20th century)   but they are also excellent as solo Authors. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 1/22/2021 at 8:16 PM, LarryTerryBerry said:

Yes I am from an alternate universe. I don't know how I ended up in this Clown World. But it happened more than a decade ago.

• Haha 3

On 1/22/2021 at 10:43 PM, jmccr8 said:

Hi Larry

jmccr8

I remember there being 6 books to this series.  After the second I wanted to send Stephen R Donaldson some anti-depressants.  And the series never got any better.   Couldn't you have found a different example?  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I remember there being 6 books to this series.  After the second I wanted to send Stephen R Donaldson some anti-depressants.  And the series never got any better.   Couldn't you have found a different example?  

Hi Desertrat

I enjoyed the series maybe because I had gone through some tough times of my own.

jmccr8

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Desertrat

I enjoyed the series maybe because I had gone through some tough times of my own.

jmccr8

I thought the writing was good but after a while the fact that the end of every book had the main character worse off than the beginning I just gave up, but I did make it through the 5th book before I gave up.  I had a worse time with Wheel of Time series, only made it through to the middle of the second one of those.  That one seemed to be aimed at 20 something young men so it is amazing I made it through the first book, though I don't like to quit a book if it keeps me going past the 4th chapter.   

I like Heinlein,  Asimov, Asprin and Bradbury to name a few.

I think the reason I don't like those other books is because I have gone through some rough times, so I don't understand your reasoning, though I know I don't have to understand.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I thought the writing was good but after a while the fact that the end of every book had the main character worse off than the beginning I just gave up, but I did make it through the 5th book before I gave up.  I had a worse time with Wheel of Time series, only made it through to the middle of the second one of those.  That one seemed to be aimed at 20 something young men so it is amazing I made it through the first book, though I don't like to quit a book if it keeps me going past the 4th chapter.   

I like Heinlein,  Asimov, Asprin and Bradbury to name a few.

I think the reason I don't like those other books is because I have gone through some rough times, so I don't understand your reasoning, though I know I don't have to understand.

Hi Desertrat 

I have always been the kind of guy that no matter how crappy things got noticed others tha were worse off than me and that makes me thankful that I have my problems and not theirs.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Desertrat 

I have always been the kind of guy that no matter how crappy things got noticed others tha were worse off than me and that makes me thankful that I have my problems and not theirs.:lol:

jmccr8

I have the same viewpoint.   Things can get really bad but there is always someone I think has it worse somehow.   But I prefer my entertainment to include some hope or at least some humor.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 11:16 PM, LarryTerryBerry said:

Yeah, they're on a social media site called PARLER.

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, they're on a social media site called PARLER.

You mean this:

https://parler.com/main.html

?

Edited by Abramelin

On 5/12/2021 at 5:38 PM, closed for business said:

jmccr8

It took me a month to figure out it was you Jay. :unsure2:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Piney said:

It took me a month to figure out it was you Jay. :unsure2:

Hi Piney

Yes, it's me the same old me :tu: